PDA

View Full Version : Today Tonight Program

Shaun
3rd July 2002, 10:47 AM
There is a story on the program"today tonight" about some guy that has the perfect system....i dought that they will tell us much about it but it will be on to night...i won't be able to watch the program so i hope one of you get to check it out and post back here what it is about.....thanks

Placegetter
3rd July 2002, 11:09 AM
Hey I'd like to hear about what is said also! I ... will rely on the forum for the feedback. Let's hope someone gets to see it.

Bet it goes like this: "Yeah I used to be a mug punter, down the TAB every weekend, with no real plan, but then one day it dawned on me that horse racing was simply percentages.

There are plenty of systems around but mine is best because......

There's a money back guarantee of course, and it's only $199 incl GST. Don't send money, we'll bill you. Steak knives not included."

If there's a phone in, ask him if you can pay out of the profits.

Placegetter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-05 11:01 ]</font>

Equine Investor
3rd July 2002, 11:11 AM
I'll check it out for sure Shaun and let you know.

The perfect system; that's like saying the perfect wife!

:lol:

dinodog
3rd July 2002, 01:08 PM
both commodities a dime a dozen

regards

dinodog

Merriguy
3rd July 2002, 02:40 PM
I think it is the "777 Berts Best Ratings" system. I thought it was to be on on Monday --- and that I had missed it. Be interesting.

becareful
3rd July 2002, 03:55 PM
You need to have pay TV (I have Foxtel but Optus & Austar also carry it) and you get Sky Racing - doesn't cover every race but certainly beats the radio coverage (especially in Canberra where the racing radio station has just stopped broadcasting!).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-05 11:03 ]</font>

Equine Investor
3rd July 2002, 07:11 PM
Damn stayed home to watch it and there was nothing mentioned???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-07-03 23:31 ]</font>

Privateer
4th July 2002, 08:52 PM
You'd think after all the bad blood here lately a bit of friendly humour would be acceptable. Obviously not!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-05 11:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Privateer on 2002-07-05 16:14 ]</font>

Sunshine Bill
6th July 2002, 12:47 PM
Did anyone get to see the Today Tonight program?. Did they mention if there was a web site which gave further information?

Thanks

Equine Investor
6th July 2002, 12:56 PM
Not that I mind watching Naomi Robson every night, but no, watched it every night this week and there was no mention of it.

Me thinks it's an April Fool's joke in July.

:lol:

Sunshine Bill
6th July 2002, 01:06 PM
The Today Tonight program was definatly on (at least in Brisbane) as a friend of mine saw it. It was either Wed or Thur night.

Debug
6th July 2002, 02:03 PM
It was on in Adelaide on Wednesday night.

Bert Bogurt - 777 Berts bet.

Not a lot of information about the program only that it runs in a spreadsheet.

Basic information ---
1% profit per day.
Bet on runners of $4 or more.
Quit after you have made your 1% profit.
Bert (I assume it was Bert) says something about cracking the trainers system (what ever that means).

No in depth details unfortunately although the TV presenter when switched back to the studio said you will need to spend a lot of time with the system. From that I think she means it is very labour intensive.

Perhaps somebody else got more info out of it than I did.

Shaun
6th July 2002, 05:57 PM
i have the today tonight website but can't find anything http://todaytonight.com.au/

6th July 2002, 06:52 PM
It was on Thursday night. He's got a website. Go to a search engine and type in Bert's 777 system or something like that.
His website is very amateurish however - info and bright colours are all over the place.
He only looks for 1% profit per day. So its very disciplined punting.

Equine Investor
6th July 2002, 09:22 PM
My advice - DON'T TOUCH IT!

1. The address given is the same as another questionable system that failed miserably.

2. "Bert has not lost one day since September 2001."
Not only improbable....impossible.

Even the hardiest propunters that I know don't win every day, they just know how to obtain value.

3. There are several references to spreadsheet formulae and staking plans. If it doesn't at least breakeven at level stakes, you will go broke in the end. Mathematicians have known this fact for more than 100 years. I have my own spreadsheets with formulae in them only for ease of working out mathematic, but a spreadsheet in itself will not help anyone to win.

Spreadsheet = computer software program - same result.

4. I think I'll volunteer to tastefully redesign the website for $995.00 a year and give him a moneyback guarantee!

5. The link for past results leads to nothing other than more advertising. No past results...none.

6. Today Tonight deserve to be shot for airing this sort of thing.

Shaun
7th July 2002, 12:34 AM
i don't know why i thought this would be something new i must be stupid...but then again if you don't look you will be stuck in the past.....i read an interesting book once about a lot of the old time punters very interesting it was "gentlemen of the turf"

9th July 2002, 04:52 PM
Hi all
My name is Bert Bogert, I am the person who is copping a lot of flak from some of you who haven't even seen the program or checked it out and on top of that don't even know what the name of my website is.
I must say there are some negative people here.
I have read with interest the things you say and hereby give you an opportunity to ask me questions so I can defend myself against all the uninformed crap.
I am sure that all of you are interested in making an extra dollar or two .
I have been studying racing systems since about 1965 and after studying the form the conventional way and buying many systems and making my own a few times based on the weights etc and times , I came to the conclusion that I have yet to hear of an 'Expert Tipsters' becoming a professional punter and they have had more than 200 years of practice, Don't get me wrong , I am not bagging the tipsters, I am just saying that I had to change direction, because if they can't make a living from it , then what hope do we have without all the info that they can get.
Back in Aug I came across something that changed everything, And I promptly checked it back and then I placed the tips on the net and it has not lost a day yet, sure I expect that one it could happen, but so far it's good.
I have updated the results on the website everyday including the spreadsheets , and my customers can verify tthat it does indeed win every day.
Today tonight tested it against the Melb and Adelaide Paper tipsters and they blew their bank on the first day, because they could not get a winner that paid $4 or better.
My winners come in at any old price including the $36 winner that channel 7 got, They made a profit of 45%. $245 within 11 days.

OK, now is question time, I am pretty busy , so I may be one or two days in between coming back here , but I will answer.

May the Cash Be with you
regards Bert

quapi
9th July 2002, 05:16 PM
We don't normally do this, but we have had communication with Bert in the past. Bert is free to post any responses to questions you may ask. This thread will then locked at the weekend.

Please note:
Without meaning to imply anything untoward about Bert's replies, understandably management cannot accept responsibility for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-14 13:07 ]</font>

Shaun
9th July 2002, 06:31 PM
Sorry bert..never ment this to snow ball but i hope some good questions get asked

Equine Investor
9th July 2002, 06:56 PM
This is a legitimate question Bert, which I am sure many would like to ask..

If it works every day and creates a profit
all the time, then why on earth would you be selling it? Surely you would use it youself to create a generous income already?

9th July 2002, 07:20 PM
the question: why not keeping it quiet and make lots myself ?
answer: I am now able to do this for every track in the world and last month on the 10th started the trots and the dogs every day to prove it and it works just as good , I also do NZ every sat and have tried StLouis with good results.
In light of that I am not selling the system , I am saving up to set up shops around the World to supply my selections by subscription and do seminars as well.
Doing that will take a bit of time but will set me up good enough financially to sponsor a few Races and put something back into the industry and believe me , The industry needs all the help it can get.
My selections are best on the young horses and country meetings and the bigger punters would be best off by getting fixed price , which in turn will hopefully see more bookmakers wanting to take us on and in turn ofcourse see more bookmakers and punters on the track.
So you can see that not only I but the industry can benefit greater by selling subscriptions and ofcourse I do bet myself as well.

regards Bert

becareful
9th July 2002, 07:53 PM
My No.1 question has already been asked by Equine Investor. Other questions that spring to mind:

1. It seems from your results page that you are betting on TAB - how do you stop your system being destroyed by the reducing dividends when many people are betting on the same horse? You mention somewhere that you must bet with fixed odds bookie if you want to set a high goal but what is the difference between 1 user targetting $500 and 100 users targetting $5???

2. What is the Profit on Turnover figure for your selections if you back them at level stakes rather than with your staking plan?

9th July 2002, 08:21 PM
Hi Bert,

I looked at your website. It lists a whole heap of prices, but it doesn't say which horses or races the prices were from.

The only way an outsider can check to see if your tips are in fact as good as you say they are is to provide the actual names of horses selected and the races they ran in.

Regards

Lumbarsua.

PS: if the aim is to make $5/day or 1%. Wouldn't most of that be eroded away paying you the subscription fees???

Equine Investor
9th July 2002, 10:09 PM
On 2002-07-09 19:20, bertsbest wrote:
the question: why not keeping it quiet and make lots myself ?
In light of that I am not selling the system , I am saving up to set up shops around the World to supply my selections by subscription and do seminars as well.

regards Bert

Thankyou for your reply Bert, I think it's fantastic that you want to support the racing industry etc.
However, personally I feel that if your system worked as well as you say it does, you would not need subscriptions, nor seminars, nor betting shops. If you can operate it worldwide, then surely you would make enough from your bets alone to fund all this.

I may appear negative, but I am not convinced after downloading the spreadsheets which had no clear results.

Anyhow I thankyou for your prompt reply and wish you continued success with it in the future.

Placegetter
9th July 2002, 10:44 PM
Wow! there is a lot of information on your site. All really positive stuff, and one thing that caught my attention the most was this..

"Our selections get better results on Maidens, wet Tracks, Country Tracks, or any other criteria that the regular punters shy away from."

On the forum we have been discussing what each punter's "angle" might be, I dare say this is yours. Is this correct?

I also liked this..

"click on my carrot if you want to earn referral commission or else Keep your bloody trap shut if you are not happy."

That's telling them Bert! Imagine you do a Microsfot and take over 90% of the market share (of tipping services), how would it affect your system and the results it generates, if at all?

Best of luck to you,

Placegetter

9th July 2002, 11:20 PM
HI Equine
what you see on the spreadsheet is the selections , the bets and the profit, what more do you want.
That is all that is needed to make a profit show up.

Don't worry , I have already been in contact with Las vegas to see if they will take big bets on Australian races in the future and yes they do .
So my betting side will increase also , and my biggest income will come from Training centers and Subscriptions and ofcourse Merchandise from other sources such as books etc.
Much more than betting will do.
Think BIG
regards bert

9th July 2002, 11:22 PM
No Problem Placegetter
Got it all figured out .
regards bert

Placegetter
9th July 2002, 11:28 PM
On 2002-07-09 23:22, bertsbest wrote:
No Problem Placegetter
Got it all figured out .
regards bert

I'm sure you do. Perhaps you could figure out a decent webmaster as well?

Placegetter