PDA

View Full Version : why do i bother sometimes BUT !!!

dingoboy
20th September 2005, 09:10 PM
This message is for the punters with "sliding faith"
Today,...........and this may be a little winded.
I started today with the dingos normal place stuff, going a treat, up up and up, THEN,..........(sorry, vino) just as i was about to knock off, and i can say it was a good to day UNTILL THEN,.............i HAD TO BACK THAT SILLY SELECTION, you all know it, that "one that will put the icing on the cake", well,.....
i just had a look at my tab nsw bet sheet after a serious "fixitdingo" evening.
STATS:first six bets: up 24% on todays allowance.
did i stop,.................?NO
did i keep going,............?YYYYYEEEESSSS.
So, to you poor new punters like myself,.........what does this mean,...?
A:greedy
B:does one try to get ones pot regardless of the outcome
c:dont know what your doing,......?

well.
Results:
Stuffed up and kept betting, should have taken my slightly lower than normal % return,
bets SIXTY******SEVEN
OUT XXXX
RETURN XXXX-$4

now,
in my state of kicking ones self in the **** for being silly and breaking all of my punting rules, i have a "shinning outcome" to the punters with little faith !
I ,.........although down (and shouldnt have been) stuck with my basics and followed my plan, i protected my spare bank and passed my "larger"(for me) bets arround. i stuck with it and didnt let it get out of hand,
I think i did ok, i will be thanking someone tomorrow from this forum and another whom i converse with on a differant forum, i feel the secret is to be not only comfortable with what your selecting but to be comfortable with the fact that YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS WIN !
This i am truely in need of some help, hence my $4 loss on todays efforts, i couldnt put down the mouse, "just one more click".

Anyway, sorry for being long winded, hopefully someone might get something from this and it may help them.

Reagrds,
-4 units dingo.
PS,
I can be contacted on 1800 stop when ahaead!

AHHHHHHHHHH the lambrusco!!!
I need it
Cheers and please read between the lines you young PUPS!

Mark
21st September 2005, 09:41 AM
Dingo

A bird in the hand a la Kenchar, and DISCIPLINE.