PDA

View Full Version : WHat can i do about these scams

charlie
10th July 2002, 08:48 PM
G'Day,

I joined the tipping service Equus Turf in November of last year and the
results that they had supposably had the previuos 8 years averaging about $40,000 profit per year, greatly outweigh the position i am currently sitting in which is down about $4500.

The service costed me $5400 to join, which was all of my savings, and life
ain't lokking to good at the moment, unless the winners start pouring in.
Can you guys give me any advice on what i can do in my situation?
Have you heard any other reports about this perticular service?
Any info or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Charles

10th July 2002, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your losses.

Stop betting immediately and start saving as much as you can. Look at every expenditure in your life and see where you can start saving money.

There is a website address on this site for a govt organisation in South Australia that deals with shocks. Contact them and see what you can do.

Equine Investor
10th July 2002, 09:03 PM
On 2002-07-10 20:48, charlie wrote:
G'Day,

I joined the tipping service Equus Turf in November of last year and the
results that they had supposably had the previuos 8 years averaging about $40,000 profit per year, greatly outweigh the position i am currently sitting in which is down about $4500.

The service costed me $5400 to join, which was all of my savings, and life
ain't lokking to good at the moment, unless the winners start pouring in.
Can you guys give me any advice on what i can do in my situation?
Have you heard any other reports about this perticular service?
Any info or help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Charles

Charles, did you ask for proof of the past results before parting with your $5,400?
If they supplied it and you believe it to be false and they cannot prove that their selections were given to others prior to results, then you could actually sue the pants of them for obtaining a financial advantage by deception.
Seeing as they have left you in a less than financial position, perhaps a class action may be in order as I am sure there are others in your boat.
Did they give you any guarantee or free trial?

10th July 2002, 09:08 PM
Hi Charlie
Some new customers of mine have told me about a class action with that company and another one , in motion right now and looking for more people.
I reckon you should contact the law society who might be able to steer you to the right lawyers.

regards bert

charlie
10th July 2002, 09:12 PM
Bert,
If you can give me any more info regarding this class action it would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers

Placegetter
10th July 2002, 10:12 PM
On 2002-07-10 20:55, lumbarsua wrote:
Stop betting immediately and start saving as much as you can. Look at every expenditure in your life and see where you can start saving money.

For once lumbarsua and I agree on something. This is your first port of call mate, the class action could take forever.

Good on you lumbarsua.

Placegetter