PDA

View Full Version : Bert?

Mark
12th July 2002, 10:06 AM
Colourful website!
Just over a year ago I posted that I bet only on races where I can back everything & cannot lose. Copped pretty much the lambasting that Bert has. Now I don't know if Bert is winning or not, but I know that one year on....I am still winning...
Good punting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-07-12 10:32 ]</font>

12th July 2002, 10:14 AM
We all know about it.
Its called a dutch book.
May I ask what you are charging for all of this???

Do you make as much as Bert?
He makes $5 a day.

In my experience those who can - do
Those who can't - teach or sell systems!

michaelg
12th July 2002, 11:57 AM
Hi, Mark.
You say you only bet only on races where you can back everything and cannot lose. I'm not too sure what you mean by "backing everything". Surely you don't mean every horse in a race but just your selections? If it is your selections only, why then can't you lose?

12th July 2002, 12:15 PM
He was talking about using a dutch book.
For this to occur you need a market under 100%.

Notice he was from Qld. Be wary of anyone from Qld saying they have a sure fire winning system.

That probably Bert's strong point - not being from Qld.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lumbarsua on 2002-07-12 12:18 ]</font>

supersoul
12th July 2002, 12:51 PM
Dear lumberpunch

Your postings here reminds me of a schoolbully. I do not like that kind of postings.

You criticise people of whom you know nothing about. For example, you have criticised "Mark" in two postings already for the using "Dutch book" which YOU claim he uses, and secondly for the only reason that he is from Queensland?

You want to chase people away from here because you like the sound of your own voice?

If I was from Qld I certainly would depart.

Sorry, mate, if it was not for quapi's policy, I could really get colourful with you. And I bet a lot of people agree with me, even if they refrain from posting like I just did.

And I will refrain from now on to reply to your postings, and from contributing, to prevent people climbing down my throat.

Jeez, I wish I was the moderator here.

12th July 2002, 01:02 PM
Dear Supergirl,

Anytime you want to have a go let me know.

Mark
12th July 2002, 03:04 PM
Cheers Supersoul. This is exactly what happened last time. I will reply to those that have contacted. To Lumbarsua, stay ignorant mate, and I'll stay retired from my income from the punt.
My understanding of a dutch book is backing certain selections to win to collect a certain amount. Well guess what fellas, you can bet on races where there is more than 100% the win and still win !!!. Ever heard of place %? & betting each-way? Some races they bet 250% the place for 3 places. Now lets see, something doesn't add up here...
My original post was heavily edited & again the abuse has started, so bye.

Mark
12th July 2002, 03:11 PM
Sorry Lumbarsua, I didn't answer your questions.
To you I'm not charging anything because you wouldn't be able to use it.
Depending on the result I make between $100 & $2000 on an outlay of around $5500 per race, with NO risk, without form study, pure maths.
To anyone else who says it can't be done keep on working.

Equine Investor
12th July 2002, 03:11 PM
Mark I know exactly what you're getting at here, and it's hardly dutch book is it? In fact it's a whole hell of a lot better and smarter. Being an ex-bookie you know what your on about, and also what % of the market is abandoned to a huge extent by blinkered punters.

Good Luck to you, I fully understand the methodology.

Anyone remember that greyhound punter from England who posts here and wins almost every meeting, in essence the same approach.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-07-12 15:15 ]</font>

12th July 2002, 03:31 PM
Sorry for being cynical Mark.

But there are so many people flogging systems that are crap, a quick way to sort out the wheat from the chaff is to doubt the system. As soon as you do that - one gets a response without all the hype.

Your short and sharp factual answer is appreciated.

quapi
12th July 2002, 04:48 PM
On 2002-07-12 13:02, lumbarsua wrote:
Dear Supergirl,

"Anytime you want to have a go let me know."

A restriction now applies to THE PERSON, not just the user name.

allanby
12th July 2002, 06:47 PM
On 2002-07-12 13:02, lumbarsua wrote:
Dear Supergirl,

Anytime you want to have a go let me know.

I have only posted on this site once before...you can check, but felt the need again today after reading through this forum!
Thank god i found this site because i was lucky enough, after years and years of searching for a system that actually had the key ingredient i was looking for NO RISK, and you didn't have to rely on tipsters, staking etc.

After further investigation into Mark's ideas and processes, i was amazed as i could mathematically prove that his system worked as he claimed, as long as one did not stray from the rules.

Personally, i've lost $000's over the years in gambling and the stockmarket, i guess, i was the same as most people, they rush into things and don't sit down and logically deciphyr the facts and workings of certain systems....you learn over time to be more patient and realise that the process is the important thing then the money is a by-product.

Mark's system is one such system, that i believe is the only one, possibly in the world that is capable of returning RISK FREE profits, every system that claims this, that i've seen over the years, tends to rely on a recouping process, like manipulating prices as the bookies do to regain previous losses. Mark's is not like this.

It's a system if it were mine, i would keep very close to my chest, obviouisly hours upon hours of work has gone into its development, for anyone lucky to obtain a copy, they will see mathematically that Mark's system cannot be disputed, although a bit of time and effort needs to undertaken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: allanby on 2002-07-13 01:01 ]</font>

Equine Investor
12th July 2002, 07:01 PM
Allanby, I don't know the full workings of the system but understand the methodology behind it. I have had some exposure to the rationale previously. I DO believe Mark's system works. Mathematically it is sound and takes care of the probability factor.

But enough said, I think it's up to Mark if he wants to divulge any further.