PDA

View Full Version : a punters dream

odericko
28th October 2005, 04:53 PM
any one notice some thing wierd about ballarat trots race 7???

odericko
28th October 2005, 04:58 PM
and i only put a dollar 4 the win ...doh..

odericko
28th October 2005, 05:23 PM
ok no replys so most if not all of you have scruples i as a punter do not this is the first time i havew ever seen the tote stay open after the winner past the post hence the reason i only put a dollar on the winner

thefan
28th October 2005, 05:34 PM
so what your saying is the market was still open after completion of the race.did it pay out??? i would of placed my hwole bank on it in that case..

odericko
28th October 2005, 05:37 PM
yes id did pay but i thought must be slightly illegal so that is why i only bet a dollar....i cant believe no 1 else noticed this anomaly

xptdriver
28th October 2005, 05:38 PM
so what your saying is the market was still open after completion of the race.did it pay out??? i would of placed my hwole bank on it in that case..

and if you had an account, that could be tracked down you would more than likely been charged with fraud...

thefan
28th October 2005, 05:39 PM
its not illegal if they made a mistake so they didnt have to payout,but was worth a punt.What was the odds

partypooper
28th October 2005, 05:46 PM
ha ha good on ya Fester, reminds me, many years ago in England the bookies wrote a slip out as you recited your bet or copied it if you wrote it down, a few times I put on muliple bets (i.e. doubles trebles etc) and included a horse that had already won (just) I did get away with it a couple of times. naughty arn't I?

Another time a had a VERY hefty fixed price bet on the 2nd fav in a 3 horse race (quite common in England) and a saver on the rank outsider, the 2nd fav was gambled on and became a short priced fav, the original fav. blew out,
it suddenly dawned on me that I could now back the original fav as well and still make a decent profit no matter what won, I did just that and listened to the race with a very big smirk on my face, at last I knew how a bookie feels!

davez
29th October 2005, 11:31 AM
and if you had an account, that could be tracked down you would more than likely been charged with fraud...

wouldnt think so as they would have to prove that you knew the race had been run & won, an impossibility me thinks

but fester, why the heck did you only have $1 on??!!

unless your account was a bit dry at the time, (its ok, weve all been there!), yee gods man youve blown a golden opportunity! & dont give me that "scruples" bs, as i dont & wont believe you, this racing afterall.....

KennyVictor
29th October 2005, 12:45 PM
You should have hit the trifecta!!!!
Which tote was it Fester? And how long after the race did it close?
I'm going to stop wasting my time rating races and write a program that checks the totes to see if they forget to close them.

KV

Sahasastar
29th October 2005, 09:17 PM
Happened on IAS a few weeks ago too,
listened to the race then threw $5- on the winner :)

davez
30th October 2005, 11:11 AM
\
I'm going to stop wasting my time rating races and write a program that checks the totes to see if they forget to close them.

KV

now thats a racing product i wouldnt mind forking a few dollars out for! :)