PDA

View Full Version : The best 'VALUE' for the cup

crash
1st November 2005, 06:17 AM
In this race the place odds can be fantastic and I think a couple of 1x4 e/w bets is probably the best value you can get when you look at this race as a 'serious' betting proposition.

darkydog2002
1st November 2005, 11:03 AM
A pretty good review at "justracing"

Cheers.
darky

crash
1st November 2005, 05:39 PM
Well the Handbrake followed my advice in the Cup and had a 1x4 e/w on Excellent paying around $6 the place. Me, I ignored my own advice and bet the win, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway :-)

Sportz
2nd November 2005, 12:12 PM
In this race the place odds can be fantastic and I think a couple of 1x4 e/w bets is probably the best value you can get when you look at this race as a 'serious' betting proposition.
Do you have any2s or duets where you bet, Crash? That's the way to go!!!

Instead of the place bet, why not take an any2 bet with your selection from the field, because that is exactly like having a place bet, except that your dividend can be much more if a roughie comes home in the placings. And let's face it, a roughie almost always bobs up in the placings in the Cup. As an example, here's a comparison from yesterday:

Makybe Diva/field - Out $23, In $91.60 (a $23 place bet returned $46.00)
Xcellent/field - Out $23, In $249.60 (a $23 place bet returned $147.20)

So, you can see that the any2 field bet returned easily more than the place bet in both cases. It only works with favoured runners though. If you wanted to back On A Jeune for a place, you'd be better off doing it the regular way.