PDA

View Full Version : Makybe...#9 of all time!

The Big O
1st November 2005, 08:56 PM
Great to see Makybe create her own piece of history which has lead me to rate her amongst the best of all time at number 9 no matter what the "sensationalist press" say tomorrow.

1.Phar Lap
2.Tulloch.....(mind you,there is just a struck match between these two IMO).
3.Kingston Town
4.Bernborough
5.Rising Fast
6.Wakeful
7.Peter Pan
8.Manikato
9.Makybe Diva
10.Galilee

was Wakeful a better mare than Makybe Diva? YOU BET.
won the Newmarket and Oakleigh Plate at her first two starts.won the Doncaster later that same season.During the 1902 Sydney Cup carnival she contested four races in 8 days over a total of 12,000m,WINNING THE LOT!
she won from 1100 to 4800m.won 19 races at WFA.ran second in the 1903 Melb' cup carrying 63.5kg
So don't believe every thing you read tomorrow.STAT'S DON'T LIE!!!!!

Chuck
1st November 2005, 09:05 PM
i have been making records of some of the best of all time - see spreadsheet. I have only been working on it for a few days, so not done yet

The Big O
1st November 2005, 09:16 PM
are these in order?
because looking at the win % and wins i don't understand how Tulloch could possibly come in at 11?
from memory he also finished out of a place only twice in 53 starts!!!!

Chuck
1st November 2005, 09:16 PM
no not in order....just the way i put them on paper

The Big O
2nd November 2005, 06:58 PM
that's great!
lack of responses means my rankings are right on the mark.
Thanks

Raw Instinct
2nd November 2005, 07:14 PM
Big O all I can say is I wouldn't have a clue it is hard enough to compare a horse like Northerly to say Makybe Diva they would both have great arguments. As for Phar Lap, Tulloch, Bernborough and the likes how the hell would we know they were all great in there own rights but how good were the horses they were racing against I have no idea only ones that might was those who saw them run. My father tells me that Northerly & Sunline were 2 of the best he has seen along with Bernborough and Vain he didn't comment on Kingston Town but he doesn't have the greatest of memories these days.