PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WILL THE SHEEP LEARN

kenchar
24th November 2005, 04:13 PM
Coming up to Grafton R4 I listened to the host on sky for 5 minutes going on about the BIG GO on Frisco's Vision, the biggest go of the year.
He had never seen a horse so sensationally backed.
I sat here going ho hum maybe I should join Betfair and take advantage of these situations.
After years of watching, probably 1 or 2 in 10 of these sensationally backed horses salute.
The sheep will never learn though god bless their little souls they make my job easier.

Cheers

xanadu
26th November 2005, 11:24 AM
Could not agree more!
Perhaps the title of your thread should be:"lambs being led to the slaughter."
There is one commentator in particular who alerts punters that a "motza" has been put on a certain runner late in betting. Invariably these "certainties" run unplaced. A thorough investigation of all available data cannot provide any evidence of the "big go." Neither the TAB pool or fluctuations services reflect any such "plunge." I am sure some commentators are definitely trying to assist the betting public but it can be a real minefield for the naive punters who should treat this information with due caution and check and evaluate the market fluctuations for themselves.

Cheers.

w924
28th November 2005, 10:00 AM
hear hear!

Those sort of comments are just as prevalent across the Tasman, except that they are amde even more ludicrous by tiny win pools on the nation's only TAB.

Example: I watched NZ racing tv yesterday, for a few minutes, and heard about "the money really being on earlier " about a particular horse. I looked down at the bottom of the screen to check the win pool..it was showing only 4,000.00 at the time...LOL.