PDA

View Full Version : Maths and Probability

Mad Gambler
5th December 2005, 05:08 PM
I was sitting at my computer searching the internet when i came across the use of maths and probabilities in racing.

How would one use those 2 thing the study of form?

!. What are the maths invovled?
2.What probabilities should be included?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Mad Gambler

darkydog2002
5th December 2005, 07:56 PM
Why not contact Neil ( who as a proffessional gambler )would be well placed to put you on the right track.

Cheers.
darky.

moeee
5th December 2005, 08:05 PM
Mad Gambler.
Stop asking all the questions and do a bit more reading and sharing what you have learnt.
Then people can comment if they think you are or aren't headed in the wrong direction.
What's the story with your ratings?
Give us a rundown on how they are performing.

Chuck
5th December 2005, 08:20 PM
are you referring to such things as 85% of races are won by the top 4 favs, 60% by the top 6 in tab no.s and barriers etc.?

Mad Gambler
6th December 2005, 03:34 PM
The ratings contine to preform well. There were only 2 races at geelong, but I think they were affected by the rain, But that is the hazzard of betting when the track is downgraded 4 times due to heavy rain.

The moral is never bet on rain affected tracks which i now reget.
Mad Gambler

jfc
13th December 2005, 05:43 PM
Mad,

Rather than enter the trifecta mine-field which I would not recommend to anybody, you and most will probably benefit from reading this probability guide to gambling.

http://www.probabilitytheory.info/

It is easy-to-read as it claims, but has lots of useful ideas.

Even I, who alarm some here with my quests for maths knowledge, found it handy, because it showed up some gaps in my knowledge.

Note that nearly all the related maths has been known for over 400 years. The 2 exceptions are computer modelling and the Kelly Criterion.