PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

bobyobi
6th December 2005, 01:54 PM
Gday to all, Has anybody heard of ......... My friend has been approached to purchase some awesome package they are trying to sell to him. He is a keen punter and he wants to give it a go. It sounds good but he needs more info. Any help would be good!

Chrome Prince
6th December 2005, 02:12 PM
Your friend needs to ask them the hard questions, not others. If he is not convinced by the answers given, or he feels he needs more information than what they are willing to give him - he already has his answer.

Do not look for testimonials, the best testimonial is the way in which the right questions are answered.

Remember, they are supposed to be selling something to you, proving why you should buy it, so should not refuse any question, and be able to supply proof.

bobyobi
6th December 2005, 02:29 PM
This company apparently knows what they are doing. $5000 - $10000 for there membership, however they are in .....? Are they Cowboys?

We need help to find out if they are ligitimate, I dont want him to lose his money.

Moderator 3
6th December 2005, 02:52 PM
Bobyobi,

Please read Forum Terms of Use.
We are NOT going to publish that company X or Company Y is NOT legitimate.

That leads to legal action.

Moderator.

Chrome Prince
6th December 2005, 02:55 PM
Make your own judgement on the membership fee, this should tell you something about it!!!

bobyobi
6th December 2005, 02:59 PM
Ooops sorry. I do apologize. Im just a caring friend!

Percentum
6th December 2005, 04:32 PM
Sounds like bs to me. No matter how you crunch the numbers, the great unknown factor, which I think contributes at least 25% to the result, is the great unknown of 'what happens in the run'. No way I'd be putting anything up to join some so called elite group, especially not that sort of money. I only trust my own research and even then I'm suspicious of myself at times.

shoto
6th December 2005, 06:28 PM
Bobiyobi - 3 posts, "...awesome package", "...seem to know what they're doing" - take it somewhere else mate.

darkydog2002
6th December 2005, 06:40 PM
It might be prudent at this stage to mention
www.punterschoice.com.au

Cheers.
darky

slowman
6th December 2005, 08:22 PM
well mate i think your mate has got more money than brains,,,,i say go for it and when the cash runs out your mate will be left with no money and no brains ..

KennyVictor
7th December 2005, 12:36 PM
bobyobi,
Since you are a newcomer I should let you know that when someone just drops in and asks if xxxx package is any good a lot of people on here think it is someone trying to advertise for free. If you think about it it's not an entirely unreasonable conclusion.
Me, I tend to take people at face value and I'm going to assume you genuinely want to know if this product is worth the money. VERY PROBABLY NOT.
Tell your friend that the chances of buying a product which will win him 10,000 bucks on the horses is very slim indeed. Keep the 10,000 bucks in his pocket and consider himself a winner for not wasting it. If he wants to gamble 10,000 bucks (and that's what he'd be doing if he buys the system/membership whatever) use the selections in the Chrome tipped arrows or some other system on here that seems to be winning and he might come out in front. It will certainly last a lot longer.

KV

Bhagwan
8th December 2005, 07:22 AM
It`s been said before on this forum.
If any system that costs $5000+ relying on a magic box to deliver the goods ,
e.g. Following the smart money (it does not work long term) , run for your life , your friend will be very sorry.

Dont be tricked by the so called demonstration , it works on the day of demonstration for some reason then one will see that it falls in a hole in real life .

Beware of anybody claiming that no experience is necessary,then asks them to bet big money, thats how they get the suckers in.

Dont forget if the concept costs say $10,000 & makes say a respectable 10% on turnover , he would have to have a punting turnover of $100,000 just to pay them back.
Now thats a lot of money for a novice to be entertaining , it means he also has the chance to loose a lot of money.

Go ahead and buy it , you will soon see that we a correct in our observations.

If he was telemarketed , run like billyoe.

In all my years I have never heard of one person who has mad a profit from horse racing concepts costing that sort of money.

One can go to the WA Govt consumer affairs web site to see if their name comes up , if it does not show up , it does not necessarily mean that they are legit.

I guarantee that as soon as the money is paid , the back up service will almost be non existant especially if the product is from somewhere North of NSW. The laws there make it easy for such mobs to operate , so one can forget about returned phone calls or refunds , its not in their vocabulary.

Now after all this , tell your friend to go ahead & spend the $10,000 .
If it does not pan out, one will not be allowed to complain on sites like this ,because those mobs also have a very healthy legal team only too keen to sue businesses who entertain such peoples griefs if they publish their possible legitamate complaints.

Why dont you tell your friend to invest in the punting plan this site promotes , he stands a greater chance of making a profit & its at a fraction of the asking price.

Cheers.

KennyVictor
9th December 2005, 01:05 PM
No words of thanks from bobyobi for the sage advice we've given him? No offers of drinks all round from his mate for saving him 10 grand? Don't tell me he really was an agent of this purveyor of suspect merchandise. Is my faith in humankind to be dashed on the rocks of deception yet again? For pity's sake bobyobi tell us what has happened with your friend. I can't go on like this, not knowing, losing sleep, hoping and praying that another poor blameless fool hasn't been fleeced of his hard earned cash. SPEAK TO US BOBYOBI WUN KANOBI. USE THE FORCE.

Chrome Prince
9th December 2005, 01:43 PM
Why is it always "my mate" or "my friend"?

For 10 grand, I reckon he'd be asking the questions.

KV wanders up to the bar and says:

"I'll have a faith in human kind on the rocks - shaken not stirred"

Bartender says:

"Aah you want a Gold Coast special, that'll be 10 grand with an olive and umbrella on the side...would sir like a glossy magazine to read while you wait?"

:D

slowman
9th December 2005, 03:52 PM
mankind will allways let you down ,thats why we are not called kindman....
i doubt we will see much of bobby knobby from now on.........
..............cheers.............slowman.....................................

KennyVictor
10th December 2005, 11:59 AM
Hee. Hee.

Neil
10th December 2005, 06:51 PM
Gday to all, Has anybody heard of ......... My friend has been approached to purchase some awesome package they are trying to sell to him. He is a keen punter and he wants to give it a go. It sounds good but he needs more info. Any help would be good!What a caring person you are, Bobyobi. Specially registering for this forum to ask a question about a $5000 plus software program that your friend was intending to purchase.

Is your friend shy? Why didn't he/she register and ask the question? Or maybe your friend is just too busy.

I don't know why it is. But for every prospective purchaser of a software program who registers here and posts there are 10 or so "caring friends" who register and ask "Does anyone know if this program is any good? They sound like they know what they are doing....They sounded very professional when we talked with them" etc. etc....

What a pity you couldn't show the same caring thoughtfulness after all the sensible replies you received. Just one word of thanks wouldn't go astray. Instead you have just not replied. Does your silence tell us something? Maybe you've lost the address of this forum. That could explain it.

In case you find us again, have you thought about registering for another forum? Maybe ask the question again? Maybe you'll even be allowed to keep the name of the software program/business in your post.

It's pretty difficult for "genuine" replies from satisfied users to be posted here when the software program/business is not permitted to have their name in your post.

But I guess we've been there with replies from "satisfied" users in the past on this forum. We no longer permit that. Because if we allow alleged "satisfied users" we'd also have to allow all the stories of grief to be posted here.

That invites legal action by the company marketing the software with claims it will make a fortune from racing for its lucky users who don't even need to know anything about racing.

Regards,
Neil

PS:
Here's a handy tip. When you register for a forum to ask "Does anyone know about this software programme? It sounds good. My friend is going to purchase it. What can you tell me about it?" It always helps if you register for the forum with an ISP e-mail address rather than a generic hotmail/yahoo address.

I guess some forum administrators are just suspicious. Maybe they smell a rat where there isn't any.

bobyobi
14th December 2005, 10:58 AM
Sorry guys to have left you all in the dark about what my friend has decided to do. Well he isnt doing anything with that particular company, in fact he is wanting to learn how to do it himself. Now it is not about the money but the game of skill to how to pick a decent winner himself. So to you all for caring thankyou very much... Have a nice xmas....Cheers guys...bob

KennyVictor
14th December 2005, 01:13 PM
Thank YOU bobyobi, you've restored my faith in human nature.

KV

jonron
14th December 2005, 04:10 PM
Just had to inject my two BOBs worth here.Got a call from a Kiwi woman from that notorious area we all know about (don't want to breach forum terms of use so no names no pack drill) wanting to sell me what she called an "investment package".Absolutely no mention of horse racing at all.Sent me the Glossy with the yacht and bikini babe,the Merc in the driveway,etc.and an impressive list of results going back a few years.During the follow up call a week later I played dumb(which is not hard for me!)and told her I knew absolutely nothing about horse racing and gambling on same.She absolutely chuckled with delight and said most of their clients did not,and that was how they liked it!!Went straight into the sales pitch full steam ahead,imagine having that extra money for a nice new car,holiday overseas,blah blah,and every time I tried to mention gambling kept telling me IT WAS NOT GAMBLING,but an "investment package".They wanted $7500 for the software.I'm still laughing my gutts out.There must be a lot of suckers out there in this wide world,the glossy alone must cost a packet.In the end I had to get quite rude with her to stop her calling me to see if I was interested,even after telling her a dozen times that I wasn't.I did test her out by asking for a months free trial,but.....NO NO NO,we don't do that.
I had no intention of buying it anyway.

Skater
14th December 2005, 05:45 PM
Whats the difference in someone is selling a package for $7500

Or some one selling another package for $100

Lets say the seller sells Four $7500 packages for a total of $30000
The other seller sells Three hundred $100 packages for a total of $30000

You are still getting riped off
It's just easier to part with $100 and say well i knew it would'nt work,

To me not one single package works long term.
It's just easier to part with $100
I have yet to learn / know anyone in all racing history if any / all these software packages do indeed work.

Stay away from all people selling these packages.
If in doubt ask here on the Fourm for answers. Here you will find some great ideas that might help you in the long run.
Good Punting