PDA

View Full Version : Sydney and Melbourne Thoughts Saturday

Chuck
17th December 2005, 08:02 AM
Sydney:

1: It appears it would take something amazing to beat TACTFULLY here. Loves the trip, been racing well, Beadman on board. With all this sudden heavy rain here in sydney the track will be probably slow, which this horse hasn't lost at in 2 attempts. A class above these

3: Boom two-year-old and Magic Millions target DIEGO GARCIA was caught 3 wide almost the entire race last time, and still managed to win by at least 3 lengths. This field is obvioulsy tougher, but he can only improve on that run. The top two-year-old from the Hayes stable, TWIST CONTEST is the main opposition, after winning comprehensively in melbourne. Tough contest between these two, but i'd have to say Diego on top

4: I really like CHAUD ROCHE here. Its coming of a solid runner-up effort behind Sol Mere last start in an F&M C6. Meets the boys here in a class 3 but is suited to this. Will also relish the 1300m, and looks hard to beat

5: Now a 7 yo, old timer COUNTY TYRONE was 100/1 when putting in an impressive run behind Wild Queen in the G3 Hawkesbury Cup. Came from last and was blocked for a run, when only beaten 3.4 lengths. Has won 6 times on Dead or worse, and alos won at the distance, so big step up won't be a problem. My other selection is VERB, who charged home along the rail to grab 2nd, and just miss out on winning the Hawkesbury Cup. Up 5.5 kgs on that effort, but should like the distance

6: I won't be betting here - too many chances. I could narrow it down to 4, though, being Wild Queen, Sam Sung a Song, Seul Amour, and Malcolm

8: FUMBLE returns here, after a 77 day break from a preperation that included a Research stks Win. 100% place and 67% win strike rate first up, and also won a barrier trial over Fourdee and Fangio last week. Will be too fast for these

Melbourne will come later

Sportz
17th December 2005, 08:35 AM
Chuck,

The track manager was on radio saying that Randwick should still be a good or at worst dead track.

Chuck
17th December 2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah, fining up now.....

Flemington:

7: MERIDIAN STAR has been amazingly unlucky last 2 starts, charging home before being caught in traffic and fading....should get a good run this time and $8 is ridiculous

8: WATCHYERBACK was super impressive last start and Ryan should give it a good run. Comes from 16, but that won't matter too much. KING'S ARCH was almost going to beat Watchyerback last start and might ahve grabbed it if the race was 1100. Better suited to the distance and is great value at 30-1

9: WHITTIER MISS is in career best form, and should go close again.

Sorry this is brief, but i am in a rush :o