PDA

View Full Version : A question for Neil

jonron
23rd December 2005, 01:50 AM
I would just like to ask how Oaknsnaf can belittle me by calling me a grade 7 student???And how can P57 get away with abusing all and sundry??I refer you to Forum terms of use.How come Crash got barred when P57 can keep on abusing everyone??Uncensored??And you even took the time to reply to this thread??I just hope that Zoe doesn't get a hold of either of those dudes.
Crash,I will no doubt be in exile with you soon.

Neil
23rd December 2005, 11:47 AM
Hello Jonron,

It's very easy for Moderators to miss a few words in a thread. No forum member at the time contacts us with any objection about personal abuse, so naturally we assume all is fine.

I may have missed something in the thread you are referring to as well. Again, noone contacted us with any specific objection.

Any member when they log in with their user name will see a red triangle at the top of each post.

They can click that and report a bad post. The e-mail that is sent will identify that post.

Alternatively any person can send an e-mail to guy at ozmium dot com dot au or neil at ozmium dot com dot au

Regards, Neil.

Chrome Prince
23rd December 2005, 02:06 PM
I think a few people are getting over sensitive in general and others are attacking the member rather than discussing the posting.

Unless we want the Moderators to end up having to close every thread and eventually the forum, there are just two unwritten rules members should abide by...

1/ Discuss methods and angles, not the person.

2/ It's o.k. to agree to disagree.

Otherwise it will all be too much hassle for the moderators to constantly review and delete threads.

La Mer
23rd December 2005, 02:27 PM
I think a few people are getting over sensitive in general and others are attacking the member rather than discussing the posting.

Unless we want the Moderators to end up having to close every thread and eventually the forum, there are just two unwritten rules members should abide by...

1/ Discuss methods and angles, not the person.

2/ It's o.k. to agree to disagree.

Otherwise it will all be too much hassle for the moderators to constantly review and delete threads.

I totally agree Chrome Prince, but it works both ways, e.g. if someone puts on a message that could be termed as 'provocative' then there is a strong chance someone will respond in as equally a 'provocative' manner and then the bun fight starts, usually until a moderator steps in.

As you've learnt CP, as anyone who has a few years of experience of the punt has learnt in all probability as well, there are many paths to Damascus and what may work for some will not work with others, meaning that no one can rule out (or rule in) any particular system, method or any other way of profiting from horse racing.

P57's longshot system obviously works for him/her while your systems work for you just as my ratings work for me as they do for other rating devotees.

Following the crowd is not necessarily bad if you can beat the crowd to the punch in obtaining value.

As an illustration of how different people using the same information can end up with very different outcomes: recently two friends of mine in using the same ratings ended up with one winning and one losing.

The latter simply bet the top-rated selection only to win and lost, while the former bet up to four horses per race as a Dutch Book and won - the difference between the one winning and the one losing was substantial.

The loser could well have adopted an attitude that the ratings were a load of crap, but that wasn't the case as it was more one of knowing the product and adapting an approach that benefited from the product, which was indeed the approach adapted by the one who won.

Sometimes the top-rated selection is NOT the BEST selection to have a wager on

Management
23rd December 2005, 02:36 PM
We'll be suspending and banning people. Professional forum troublemakers are also being weeded out.

Anyone now registering for the forum must provide the following:

You must use an Internet Service Provider email address.
For example, Bigpond, Primus, Optus.
The e-mail address you provide must include the name of your Internet Service Provider.
Do not use a web based address like Hotmail or Yahoo.

We also reserve the right to insist on the above from any current member to maintain their forum membership and/or a full 100 points ID check.

As is happening throughout society, security is being tightened.

The days of people thinking they can roll up to this forum in complete anonymity, maybe use a web based e-mail service with a masked IP address, maybe even register with a few different nics, then create trouble on the forum in any of a number of ways are over.

It is also unreasonable of anyone to expect a written reply should a post be deleted or edited. As the publishers we are under NO OBLIGATION to publish everything a user wants to post.

Look at all the Letters to the Editor of a daily paper. How many people complain to the papers when their letters are not published? Would they seriously expect the paper to reply? The same applies here.

Imagele
23rd December 2005, 03:02 PM
One step away from the abolition of pseudonyms, and I suggest, the possible end of the forum.
I can't believe the infantile reactions of some users of this forum to a bit of harmless goading.

darkydog2002
24th December 2005, 09:42 AM
If ever a post needed taking off it would have to be this one.

Where,s the Xmas cheer here.?

darky.

La Mer
24th December 2005, 10:18 AM
If ever a post needed taking off it would have to be this one. Where,s the Xmas cheer here.? darky.

I couldn't agree more Darcy, very little Christmas cheer between the combatants at all.

I was attempting to attach a Christmas message but having problems but basically what it stated was that there are many many people in this world a lot less fortunate then the members of this forum and perhaps that is something we should all remember and be grateful that our circumstances are a lot better than most others that share the planet with us.

xptdriver
24th December 2005, 10:28 AM
Gday All

I normally know what the hell is going on around the place.... but I am totally clueless as to what this is all about... Maybe I am getting dementia.. Anyway it is funny reading, particularly kenchar's breakfast habits (don't ya love em... my partner is 15 years younger than me.. so I know where u are comin from kenchar lol)

Anyway to one and all have a great christmas and make a resolution to back more winners in the new year....

Chrome Prince
24th December 2005, 01:19 PM
Zoe,

We best let this go and enjoy Xmas.

I was not attempting to bait you, nor being a hypocrite.

You decided to tell everyone that I worked as a programmer for this site, which is wrong. You then told people I had you or crash banned, which is also wrong.

Crash got himself into trouble, I had no part in it.

I did not get him or anyone else banned, and I am subject to the same Forum Terms of Use as everybody else.

I corrected it, as it stays here as public record.

Merry Xmas.

Zoe
24th December 2005, 03:54 PM
I agree Chrome it should be let go. Crash and I have many similarities, if anything he writes like me but then again the forum is not used to me writing, see similarity and think I am Crash. Understandable but insulting. My temper though in such situations is much worse than his though. I am also 17yrs. younger than Crash, so I'm not as lay back if you could ever call Crash 'lay back'.

You respect my posts and I will respect yours. No problems and I do sincerely wish you [and everyone here] a Merry Xmas and a prosperous New Year.

all the best,
Zoe

downbylaw
24th December 2005, 04:00 PM
lol this thread is a complete joke. No one forces anyone to read what they have to say so whats with the bitchin?? A few of you sound like 10 year olds not the age that you are stating.