PDA

View Full Version : Research

Mad Gambler
2nd January 2006, 05:12 PM
I have been collecting race results for the last six months, which I have stored in excel.

What reseach should i do? More important what is research with regards to past results. After completing the research there is no gaurantee that it will still preform in the future.

Any thoughts on this and other matters relating to race research.

Mad Gambler

BJ
6th January 2006, 03:02 PM
Probably a question that you should have asked previously. Research everything that you have stored. If you didn't feel something was neccessary, then I am sure you would not have bothered storing it.

KennyVictor
6th January 2006, 05:22 PM
After completing the research there is no gaurantee that it will still preform in the future.
Mad Gambler
Pity Punter57 isn't with us he would have written you two full pages agreeing with that sentiment.

KV

DR RON
6th January 2006, 07:59 PM
:)

Squirter
6th January 2006, 10:22 PM
KV,

He's busy putting fingerprints on someone elses wet paint....

Chrome Prince
6th January 2006, 11:34 PM
I have been collecting race results for the last six months, which I have stored in excel.

What reseach should i do? More important what is research with regards to past results. After completing the research there is no gaurantee that it will still preform in the future.

Any thoughts on this and other matters relating to race research.

Mad Gambler

Hi Mad,

It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

The previous suggestion is good.
After looking at the data for a while, you'll come up with thousands of ideas and think "why didn't I keep a record of that".

So don't dismiss anything.

You're in for quite a journey I can tell you. You'll be amazed at some of the fallacies you once held.

One thing is for sure, most of your research will end up with the top couple of favourites or poor prices everytime, unless you can find an "edge" somewhere.

But nobody's going to tell you where to look ;)

DR RON
7th January 2006, 01:49 PM
One thing is for sure, most of your research will end up with the top couple of favourites or poor prices everytime, unless you can find an "edge" somewhere.

But nobody's going to tell you where to look ;)

And if you do find an edge that is a bit out of left field, you could post it here and have a few people telling you why it wont work even if your'e making money from it. :)

KennyVictor
7th January 2006, 02:53 PM
And if you do find an edge that is a bit out of left field, you could post it here and have a few people telling you why it wont work even if your'e making money from it. :)
We are such a cynical bunch. I love it.

KV

DR RON
7th January 2006, 03:49 PM
Kenny, today I've decided to backthe highest paying nag out of my top 4 selections using a very simple approach, that a few will say wont work. So far winners at $ 8.90 $ 15.50, and $ 21.90 only placing $1 bets though, out $ 13 in $ 46.30 now stopping for the day. works best non-metro

kenchar
7th January 2006, 07:21 PM
Doc,
NO TRUER STATEMENT HAS BEEN MADE ON THIS FORUM.

I told you in private that I am now trying win betting.

So far so good, 10 days straight, no losing days, 52% strike rate and a POT of over 50%.

It's been staring me in the face for years and I never saw it, no form, no study, BUT as always stopping when up.

It's so simple ANYONE could do it, but if I posted it here I would get laughed off the forum.

I made my profit today before the racing in Aus began with a bet in NZ (using the NZ tab for the selection, and nswtab for the bet). Yes I can now bet Sats.

Early days yet, but will let you know after 1 month of the exact results.

Cheers

DR RON
8th January 2006, 01:10 AM
Hope it keeps going for you KC. I stopped when well in front today which saved me giving a fair bit of it back.

DR RON
8th January 2006, 06:42 PM
How did you go today Kenchar?

kenchar
8th January 2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Doc,

OK but a bit of a battle.

6 bets for a return of 7.1------ $1.4 ( because of a late scratching and the bookie fined me 33%)----- $4 ------ $1.7.

What has amazed me though is the change in POT in one day.

Yesterday I had 1 bet for a $4.7 collect and according to me my POT for 10 days was 58.5%.

After the 6 bets today and 7.1 collect I work the POT out to be 33% for 11 days, which is a huge difference.

POT is something I have never even considered before and to be honest I don't really care as all I care about is 1 point plus on the day.

With all majority of talk on forums being strike rate, value, and POT I thought I would keep accurate records with this to see how it goes compared to what I read about on forums.

I WILL BE COMPLETELY HONEST IN ALL RESULTS POSTED, all I hope it doesn't get the forum curse,as it's what I've always wanted as there is so much more scope with odds and the amount one can bet when betting for the win.

I am still at this stage doing my place method seperate to the win as that has been my mainstay.

So infact I am currently going for 1 point a day on each method.

Cheers.

KennyVictor
8th January 2006, 08:36 PM
Best of luck Kenchar, I always find your "leftfield" battles fascinating.

KV

DR RON
8th January 2006, 09:09 PM
Kenchar, Interesting name of your winning bet yesterday!

kenchar
8th January 2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah,

Would you believe I had to go to results to get the name,' cause as soon as it won and I checked the divi I shut down.
I don't care what they are called, all I hope is all the nags I back have got a cold and have got big boogies so if in a photo they should get the nod.:rolleyes: