PDA

View Full Version : early prices

davez
28th January 2006, 10:51 AM
i hadnt used the wa tab form site for sometime but have noticed that they no longer lists prices for melb & syd (unless i have managed to catch them out on a couple of bad days)?

anyone know of another site that provides early markets?

Silver_and_sand
30th January 2006, 12:27 AM
G'day Davez. For a while there I had been using the WA website for the pre-post prices (well trying to at least). I found the website was pretty unreliable though, as many times the prices wouldn't be posted until very close to the start of the race, or sometimes just not at all. Very frustrating. After I did a little looking around, I realized that the pre-post prices on that WA website were the same as those listed in the Sportsman newspaper. After a couple of wild goose chases hunting for a newsagency that hadn't sold out of the Sportsman, I decided to check out the Sportsman website, and found out you can download their newspaper online for the same price as the newspaper, so I've just been subscribing to the Sportsman online instead of worrying about whether or not the WA website has their pre-post prices up or not. This way too I have the benefit of being able to look back over all of the issues I've subscribed to online, without having to keep piles of old newspapers in case I want to look up an old issue. Pretty handy really. Anyway, I can recommend checking out the Sportsman if your after the pre-post prices that are published on that WA website. No, it's not free like the WA website, but I'd rather pay $5 an issue for reliability.

crash
30th January 2006, 05:47 AM
Silver,

I have been a frequent user of the WA site. Sportsman only do Wed. and Sat. prices, right?

La Mer
30th January 2006, 07:55 AM
i hadnt used the wa tab form site for sometime but have noticed that they no longer lists prices for melb & syd (unless i have managed to catch them out on a couple of bad days)?

anyone know of another site that provides early markets?

davez, I've posted the following sites address before but it is reliable the only problem being is that they only provide prices for two meetings each day and not always NSW/Victoria:

http://australianracing.com/

For Sydney metro races & NSW provincials try:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/marclambourne/

but they are only available on the morning of the races in question.

Silver_and_sand
30th January 2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Crash,

Yep, the Sportsman's issues cover primarily the main Wednesday and Saturday races, though occasionally they'll have an extra issue if there's good racing lined up for a public holiday or something like that. I've found that if there's Friday night racing at Moonee Valley, the weekend Sportsman issue will cover things like that too (FYI, the weekend issue comes out Thursday arvo). They cover all of the races I'm interested in anyway (I'm mainly interested in Saturday metro racing at BSMA). If you're someone who's punting at the smaller venues throughout the week, then the Sportsman won't be much good for you.

I'm glad you find the WA website useful, Crash. Honestly, I just got fed up with it, because of their inconsistancy in whether or not they would get around to posting the pre-post prices or not. Yes it's free, but I want reliability. If the WA website works for you, go for it.

Have a good one,
Silver

davez
30th January 2006, 03:06 PM
thanks for the advice guys

w924
2nd February 2006, 06:58 PM
that australian racing site can sure put up the pp odds early. They are there for Saturday and its only early Thurs evening.

BTW Qtab has fixed odds posted for some feature races on Saturday as well... not sure for how long they have been sitting there

All the best

Sportz
2nd February 2006, 07:06 PM
They usually put up fixed odds prices around lunchtime on Thursdays for Saturday racing.

You're right about that American site. They have pre-post prices up well in advance.

w924
3rd February 2006, 06:53 PM
Hi Sportz,

yep, outstanding really, plus that Australian racing site gives the best pp prices for country meetings that I've found.

A much nicer and more familiar format than the Wa site for mine. ..the type of layout one used to see posted up on TAB shop walls .call me old fashioned but I love fractional odds...real odds! ..not TAb prices. It is like Ive found an old friend lol.

For someone who has no access to any newspaper pp prices (as I no longer live in Australia) I've now got something to chew on. It may be beginners luck, but what impressed me is that it included what was my biggest bet and longest priced saturday selection..Victory Scene . It had actually selected the bet a day earlier than my normal methods did.

Will be interesting for me to see how it holds up over time.

using Qtab and/or tab.com.au ratings and these pp's it could be possible to come up with a plan or two that gave a person their Saturday selections on a Friday afternoon...that would be a new concept for me...
This Sat would be

Randwick: Geigeron

Flem: Lucky Diva

well that should kill em! (i.e chances of winning, not the starting price lol)
Cheers