PDA

View Full Version : Pricing selections

syllabus23
4th February 2006, 09:23 AM
Over the years I have priced racehorses uphill and downdale.I was an avid fan of the late great DS and for a long time priced my selections according to his criteria.

Priced em to 80%,,,,90%,,,,,god knows what...All the time looking for that very elusive quality called "value"...

These days I carefully choose a race.Come up with (usually) four chances.From there I head for the interactive form site on the Tassie Tote.I select the horses ten best performances.Look down the starting prices column and get an average starting price for those ten best performances.That average price becomes my guideline.

If the horse starts around it's best performed average price it's a reasonable bet,,if it starts over that price I regard it as deeply suspect,,if it's under,,grab your wallet,put your ears back and head for the betting ring.

Simplistic,,but effective,,and I think logical.

I might add,,if there are any glaring anomalies in the best perfomed prices I ignore that particular race...Lolol to avoid confusion I mean if the average price is $3,, but includes one $20 result,, I just ignore the $20 when calculating the average price.

Cheers,,,, Bill

Chrome Prince
4th February 2006, 03:57 PM
Hi,

I have done something similar to this.

When looking at say Group Races, I go to the average price of the horse in all Group Races of equal or better class.

The only snag is that you tend to end up with the shorties, but it does provide some nice wins at odds, when a more fancied (under the odds horse) is beaten by your selection.

darkydog2002
4th February 2006, 07:22 PM
Anyone use everyrace asessed prices?

Curious to know how they hold up long term .

Cheers.
darky.