PDA

View Full Version : Maiden System

Stix
16th February 2006, 05:18 PM
Here is a Maiden system that I was thinking about today....

Rules

Must (obviously) be a maiden race
Exclude Metro tracks
Exclude fields greater than 12
Must have finished 2nd or 3rd last start
Must have been within 2 lenghts of winner (optional rule)
Last start within 14 days
No other horse to have placed at last two starts
Must not be pre-post fav (also thinking of min price, but leave it out for now)
Anyone willing to test it for me?

KennyVictor
16th February 2006, 06:42 PM
I would have thought rule 4,5 and 7 would almost ensure it fails on rule 8 but I may be wrong.

KV

Stix
17th February 2006, 09:56 AM
I would have thought rule 4,5 and 7 would almost ensure it fails on rule 8 but I may be wrong.

KVDo you mean fail to produce a positive result or fail to produce a sufficient number of selections due to a qualifying horse (pre rule 8) would almost certainly be entitled to be favourite.....?

That being the case, the other senarios are that some of the other candidates that have not placed in their past 2 runs (maybe it should be trimmed to last start only) have had excuses and have run 4th/5th etc when checked/blocked for a run.... may result in them being favourite.

I agree on exposed form that the possible "selection" is entitled to be fav, but sometimes, this not the case as illustrated in Race 2 @ Ballarat yesterday. The favourite and subsequent winner was Satnav whose only run was 5th beaten 6 len (albeit @ Flemington), while the "selection" (11) Stings (finished second) was paying $5.2 and $1.9.

Anyway..... maybe someone might test it...... [holding breath] ;)