PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound Lovers

Stix
2nd March 2006, 10:48 AM
Hi All

Anyone who follows the dogs (ijuandaQLD and others).... thought this might be a nice little comeption that you may be interested in...... I've put a kennel in as "stixs star dashers"(LEAGUE CODE: 762500).... for some fun...... all the details are below!

(Hope the Moderators leave this alone...... I am no way connect with GRV - I don't even bet on the dogs unless it's a friday night down the local, and then it's $3 Mystery bets.... ;) )

Who would you have in your 'Kennel of Dreams'?

Greyhound Racing Victoria is giving you the opportunity to select your own 'Kennel of Dreams' to compete throughout the upcoming Sky Channel Australian Cup Carnival. By becoming the ultimate virtual greyhound trainer, you can walk away with [edit] XXXX-something-XXXX.

The 'Kennel of Dreams', a free-to-enter fantasy competition allows you to select a 'kennel' of 10 greyhounds to compete for points through twenty major events, beginning with the Group 1 AJS Australian Cup on March 4 and concluding with the Group 1 Maturity Classic on May 20.

[edit] XXXX-something-XXXX will be awarded to the highest scoring kennel each round, with the ultimate greyhound trainer as the conclusion of the last race receiving [edit]XXXX-something-XXXX.

Compete against every other virtual-greyhound trainer across the country, compete against the experts, or compete against a private group of your mates.

Log onto grv.virtualsports.com.au (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/) now to begin selecting your very own 'Kennel of Dreams.'

wesmip1
2nd March 2006, 08:46 PM
Stix,

Im in. Just to conifrm

League Code is 762500 ?

Good Luck.

wesmip1
2nd March 2006, 09:27 PM
Can anyone enlighten me on where the following greyhound races are run :

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150><TBODY><TR><TD class=mtm_t1c1>Interstate Challenge</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=right>11 March</TD></TR><TR><TD class=mtm_t1c2>Interstate Stayers Challenge</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c2 align=right>11 March</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and when the heats are ?

Thanks

bl4dez
2nd March 2006, 11:29 PM
im in?

Ade
2nd March 2006, 11:44 PM
Can anyone enlighten me on where the following greyhound races are run :

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150><TBODY><TR><TD class=mtm_t1c1>Interstate Challenge</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=right>11 March</TD></TR><TR><TD class=mtm_t1c2>Interstate Stayers Challenge</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c2 align=right>11 March</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and when the heats are ?

Thanks
They are raced at Cannington in Western Australia. 11th March is a Saturday and the calendar has "Swan Draught" Interstate Challenges (530m & 715m) (Both Group 3) (1st race 7.05pm)" I would think those are it.

As far as I know there is no heats for this races. I didn't see any coming up this Saturday anyway.

March 4th is the start of the Autumn Chasing Carnival in WA. 4-25th March.

Cheers.

wesmip1
3rd March 2006, 12:22 AM
Ade,

Any idea who is running ?

Thanks

Ade
3rd March 2006, 12:50 AM
Ade,

Any idea who is running ?

Thanks
I have not idea at this stage sorry, but the picture will become clearer by Sunday/Monday.

wesmip1
3rd March 2006, 08:36 AM
Ade,

no good for first round of comp then .... any guesses of who it may be ? Kennel needs to be in today.

Stix
3rd March 2006, 08:51 AM
Stix,

Im in. Just to conifrm

League Code is 762500 ?

Good Luck.
Yep, but that's just a random league, I didn't start up an exclusive league, because I wasn't sure how many would be in it...... anyway bit of fun!

There are trade periods during the competion, I've geared my kennell up for double points this Saturday night, as for the the subsequent racing..... I don't know..... I'll let that take care of it's self... I wanna be on top after round 1........and then get let down.....just like Richmond do to their supporters year after year (LOL) !!!! :D (I ain't a Tigers man either !!)

Good luck!

wesmip1
3rd March 2006, 12:42 PM
Stix,

I have done the same but taken a few dogs which I thinnk will score well over the entire period. I ahve a couple worth only 1 point in there as I wanted some of the better contenders for Sat night racing.

Stix
3rd March 2006, 01:02 PM
Stix,

I have done the same but taken a few dogs which I thinnk will score well over the entire period. I ahve a couple worth only 1 point in there as I wanted some of the better contenders for Sat night racing.
Good Luck!

ijuandaQLD
4th March 2006, 01:12 AM
Hey stix dont worry the tigers will come back this year. deledio will have a blinder season and if richo doesnt hurt his little toe each week we'll be there come september.......... now sing it with me

Oh, we're from Tigerland,
A fighting fury, we're from Tigerland,
In any weather you will see us with a grin,
Risking head and shin,
If we're behind then never mind,
We'll fight and fight and win.

For we're from Tigerland,
We'll never weaken 'til the final siren's gone.
Like the Tigers of old,
We're strong and we're bold.
For we're from Tiger, yellow and black,
For we're from Tigerland.

moony
4th March 2006, 12:08 PM
ill be in it im not the biggest fan of the dogs but this comp could boost my interest.

downbylaw
4th March 2006, 03:50 PM
Hi Stix im in.. aka no use for a name

wesmip1
4th March 2006, 03:58 PM
Anyone wanting to join needs to do so very soon.

It closes in the next few hours.

wesmip1
4th March 2006, 08:57 PM
Well I scored poorly in the first race :

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1</TD><TD class=RaceDivs> </TD><TD class=RaceDivs>QUIDAME </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3.90</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1.90</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs> </TD><TD class=RaceDivs>SPALDING </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right></TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1.80</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs> </TD><TD class=RaceDivs>BENTLEY JANE </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right></TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3.60</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>SCR 9 10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>Sub Fav 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH width="10%"></TH><TH width="55%"></TH><TH align=right width="30%"></TH><TH align=right width="5%"></TH></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>QN</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>8.10</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>EX</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>14.90</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>F4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3* 4* 5</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1525.60</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH width="10%"></TH><TH width="55%"></TH><TH align=right width="30%"></TH><TH width="5%"></TH></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>TF</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>155.50</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>A2</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>4.40</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>12.10</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>3* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>13.10</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I had Royal Riddle and Atomic Jet. Both performed poorly.

Lets hope it gets better next race where I have Closing Argument and Paua To Burn and Go Forever.

moony
4th March 2006, 10:31 PM
didnt do real well myself tonight had atomic jet, spalding and slick galore in the stayers cup and paua to burn, closing argument and mountain dry in the aussie cupjust the 2nd in the stayers cup to spalding, a very ordinary start.

bl4dez
4th March 2006, 11:32 PM
oh i had spalding and miss spicy
woo
great start

ijuandaQLD
5th March 2006, 01:26 AM
well half and half night for me. took one qld'er in quidame but missed out on miss spicy. just cant take that girl shes too hit and miss at the start. maybe a bit more luck next week. by the way if anyone been followin my dogs we got rid of jimbooma jazz, well, just gettin him trained by another fella but he's going all right to date. career starts: 15:1-1-5. not group 1 level or that of the jet (171:21-25-32) but he'll get there......maybe

moony
5th March 2006, 11:00 AM
just wondering if anyone knows where i could see the fields for the interstate challenge and the heats for the horsham cup

thanks

Stix
6th March 2006, 10:40 AM
Well I scored poorly in the first race :

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD rowSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1</TD><TD class=RaceDivs></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>QUIDAME </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3.90</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1.90</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>SPALDING </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right></TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1.80</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>BENTLEY JANE </TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right></TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>3.60</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>SCR 9 10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>Sub Fav 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH width="10%"></TH><TH width="55%"></TH><TH align=right width="30%"></TH><TH align=right width="5%"></TH></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>QN</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>8.10</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>EX</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>14.90</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>F4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3* 4* 5</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>1525.60</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH width="10%"></TH><TH width="55%"></TH><TH align=right width="30%"></TH><TH width="5%"></TH></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>TF</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>155.50</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=RaceDivs>A2</TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 3</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>4.40</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>1* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>12.10</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=RaceDivs>3* 4</TD><TD class=RaceDivs align=right>13.10</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I had Royal Riddle and Atomic Jet. Both performed poorly.

Lets hope it gets better next race where I have Closing Argument and Paua To Burn and Go Forever.
Got the quinella.... then a wipe out in the Cup.....

Stix
6th March 2006, 02:07 PM
just wondering if anyone knows where i could see the fields for the interstate challenge and the heats for the horsham cup

thanks
Horsham Cup Heats http://www.grv.org.au/earlyfields.php?data=efhor08mar.txt

Interstate Challenge - unable to find. WA only has 9 March fields up at this stage. 11 March no yet up.

wesmip1
6th March 2006, 07:21 PM
All,

I got kicked out of the league ... Anyone else still in it ?

Thanks

moony
6th March 2006, 09:42 PM
na wesmip ive been outed to

Stix
8th March 2006, 10:00 AM
All,

I got kicked out of the league ... Anyone else still in it ?

Thanks
Huh? You are still in there as of this morning.....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=mtm_t1tbig colSpan=12>Random League <!--Print League & Fixture/Results (/?p=league_print)--></TD></TR><TR><TD class=mtm_t1c2 align=right colSpan=12>LEAGUE CODE: 762500</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h align=left colSpan=2>Kennel Name</TD><TD class=mtm_t1h align=left>Trainer</TD><TD class=mtm_t1h>Rounds</TD><TD class=mtm_t1h>Avg. Per Round</TD><TD class=mtm_t1h>Points Last Round</TD><TD class=mtm_t1h>TOTAL
POINTS</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>1.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">stixs star dashers (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=team)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>Tony</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>100.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>100</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>100</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>2.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">No Use For A Name (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1419)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>stephen</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>62.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>62</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>62</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>3.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">Wesmip1 (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1437)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>Paul</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>36.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>36</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>36</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>4.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">speeders (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1464)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>chen chay</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>116.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>116</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>116</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>5.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">Enjoying Insanity (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1479)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>Greg</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>16.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>16</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>16</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>6.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">moonys magic dogs (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1741)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>ian</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>54.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>54</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>54</TD><TR align=middle><TD class=mtm_t1h>7.</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left width="25%">dud dogs (http://grv.virtualsports.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=1765)</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1 align=left>emma</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>1</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>40.0</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>40</TD><TD class=mtm_t1c1>40</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ijuandaQLD
10th March 2006, 01:22 AM
Go the Jet. last night the jet won at Albion Park. It was his 173rd start. His record now stands at 22 wins 25 seconds and 32 thirds from all those starts. not bad for an 800 dollar dog. He paid 5.90 and 2.00 yet i'd been quietly talking up his chances to a few people i know. sorry that wasnt any of u guys. from the cherry and against that field the only thing that was going to beat him was his average recent form. but not tonight, he was a graded special and saluted as such

bl4dez
10th March 2006, 04:17 PM
i had a win with him at 60-1 b4

over 600m

ijuandaQLD
14th March 2006, 12:28 AM
well the jet ran third last night fellas in the last at Albion but NTD. however i had 1 bet all night and that was the first four in his race. boxed em up for a nice $449 divvy. that should get me through the week. the jazz was in race 1 and ran last fading from fifth in the straight. but ive definitely got a few queries about the fella who's training him and how. the dog raced at 32.0 kg last night whereas he's a 33.0-33.2 kg dog IMO. i suppose thats one of the annoyances of owning but not training a dog. on last nights run and with a few more under his belt i think he could probably be a 30.60 dog around albion. never mind the non chaser looking career stats now 17:1-1-5 this fella can chase just needs a bit of time. look for him in 2-3 months

ijuandaQLD
26th March 2006, 07:29 AM
well boys im guessing by the regularity of posts on this thread, or lack of, that u guys r goin pretty shyte in this comp. well in week one i did pretty poorly i only managed 85 points with the leader on 238. CMON lol but this week i improved i managed to get the trifecta in last night's perth cup with superman, trewly special and pororoca running 1,2,3 respectively. a worse result in the qld futurity however i only managed a second with jinderra flame and 7th with winsome min. also in the WA Galaxy had miss jaydee perform dismally for a 7th. i think overall this week i managed 104 points to add to last weeks 85 for a grand total of 189. still 49 behind the leaders round 1 score so hopefully he had a heart attack and couldnt get his in. nah thats mean maybe just a broken hand so he couldnt use his mouse

Ambivalent1
26th March 2006, 01:12 PM
I was 21st after round 1 but forgot to nominate a captain this week so that hurt as I was going to choose Superman, cost me 40 points. But Ive still got all 6 trades up my sleeve and managed to scrounge 80 points this week so I should be in touch with the leaders.

ijuandaQLD
27th March 2006, 03:25 PM
hey ambi does it matter who your captain is?? cause in the first week i had superman as mine thinking it didnt matter and then just for novelty changed mine to pororoca this week. would i have had more points if id kept superman as my captain cause it won the perth cup and pororoca ran third

Stix
27th March 2006, 04:01 PM
Your Captain gives you double points..... ;)

Ambivalent1
27th March 2006, 10:55 PM
Yep double points for your captain.
If i had superman I would be 3rd, instead 19th doh!