PDA

View Full Version : South Australia is the place to punt

munchumba1
19th September 2001, 08:37 PM
Hi,

South Australia is untapped territory on this site! If you want to win consistently then follow these rules when punting in South Oz

1. Back anything trained by McEvoy
2. Back anything ridden by Dunn if nothing is trained by McEvoy
3. If something is ridden by Dunn and trained by McEvoy apply for a loan and back the thing for as much as you have!

Happy Punting

dizzle
19th September 2001, 09:18 PM
I rarely punt in Adelaide but as you do I generally look for Mcevoy and S. Price. I don't like punting there because all of the horses generally race each other week in and week out making the form lines hard to follow.
But if your winning there is no reaon to change. Keep at em.

mr magic
20th September 2001, 09:50 AM
Big problem with SA racing is the betting ring ... no value as they regularly bet to about 140 %.

Mr. Logic
20th September 2001, 10:28 AM
In my opinion SA bookies have a death wish, no financial backing or both. They generally put up totally unrealistic markets and get scared off by small bets.
If punters refused en masse to bet with them until they had reasonably competitive markets, no more than 115% they would have 2 options:
1. Close up shop and find another job.
2. Start acting like proper bookmakers and put up decent prices.

They are so far managing to make a living due to punter ignorance about basic stats.
In a market of 140% it is quite likely every bet is a losing bet, even though of course there is a winner in the race. It's the fact that something will win the race that tempts ignorant/uninformed punters to take poor odds in their search for the winner.