PDA

View Full Version : Briissie thoughts

maverick1993
18th March 2006, 01:28 AM
i'll post a few thoughts ...hoping to get some over the line istead of these frustrating places of late..

Race 1.
I'm interested to see how Vive Le Roi goes here at this distance,,always finishes hard over the shorter but that doesnt always mean this distance will suit,,his last run was good as he didnt have much luck,,from the good barrier should get the nice run..hopefully around double figure odds..

Race 3.
these guys just take turns on winning..,,I'd take Dead Cat Bounce ,,has the weight pull on the toppy and last run was pretty good,.,
DCB e/w

Race 4.
A race between the top 2 ..i'd be on Abu who hopefully from the barrier wont be as far back as last run seemed to take awhile to wind up last start a ground away....chuck Red pill in the mix and go wide with the tri and 1st4 ..

Race 5.
Another where the top 2 look good..thought Serenotes run was huge last start but i've heard a whisper about Canadian Shuffle..primed for this first up run and will be hard to catch..
scared of Mesmorizing who showed enough last prep to be competitive

Race 6
Sun Spinner from the good barrier will give a good sight here..very speedy and jumps well..

Race 7.
Tellem big weight wide barrier...a risk but i still think hes a class above these...will take some great riding from Stathi but the horse is tough as nails and will be in this race down the straight..
fairly confident

Race 8.
Cognisant looks a good thing here..alot of the chances here have drawn out ..cognisant draws the middle and Cahill should posie him up nicely...
my get out of jail card race :)

Best ..Sydney / Melbourne , Dead Cat Bounce, Canadian Shuffle, Cognisant
Best e/w .. Tellem , Red Pill

Good luck :)

other state selections
Sydney . CrossBar, Churchhill downs, Flying Pegasus
Melbourne . Ulysses , Toulous Latrec , Great is Great
Toowoomba . Craiglee Miss **
Gold Coast . Rear Admiral

Dazz
18th March 2006, 03:16 AM
I have been following you for some time now, (through the tears and good times), great to see ya posting the famous Brissy thread, now all we need
is Sven back on board.

I agree with d.c.bounce in race three, however if there is a knockout horse
it would have to be Makin Love, D Green probably given up 3-4 rides at the
coast for the Farm today. Rarely comes to town on Saturday anymore (must be a very long time).

Just seems funny to me, he'S giving up the coast were every week he gets his long-priced placings (i always have a go) to have 1 ride in town.

I didnt see the second Makin Love got to hello possums but it must have been some performance... as its credentials are nothing to write home about.

Anyway just idle chat, good to see the Thread again. (i work night shift i hope i havent been raving too much).

Ps. Like Tellem dont like the barrier, But hes that type isnt he , he can grind and give when he's up in front, he's up to the weight in this field. (good odds)

Raw Instinct
18th March 2006, 08:05 AM
I have one bet in Brisbane today and that is Argyle Gem in the 4th he rattled to the line last start and gets in with 51kgs today with Palmers claim drawn in a spot that he won't do any work at all till the pressure goes on this just looks to be a good race for him IMO.

Merriguy
18th March 2006, 09:13 AM
Sorry, Raw. Scratched!

Raw Instinct
18th March 2006, 09:16 AM
Looks like I am having a quiet day in Brisbane then :)

Svenvlad
18th March 2006, 11:31 AM
Hey Mav,

Good luck today. Just thought i'd give a mention to a horse i've followed for an eternity (well it feels like it anyway). Jay Dee Rocks. Finally gets up to a mile, which i think suits the horse down to the ground. Worth a shot at 10-1 i think.

Best of luck all,

Sven

Svenvlad
18th March 2006, 06:30 PM
Dazz,

Well done with your race 3 prediction. Was a good win by Dead Cat Bounce although Makin Love strikes me as a professional placegetter. Having said that, he was big odds ($13) considering the good run behind Hello Possums.

Good tip w/ Tellem too, nice ride by Stathi. Myself, I couldn't stomach the 20 alley (didn't think he was an effective on-pace runner). Hope you had a nice collect :).

Mav, Nice to see you get back to some good form in Brissie too. Tellem would've been a nice result, though Serenote was unfortunate. And anyone who can tip Dead Cat Bounce to win 2 straight and get the cash deserves all the credit they can get :D.

Sven

maverick1993
18th March 2006, 07:10 PM
Happy days ..(about time)

Started off with a couple of losses but DCB was very nice..also managed to jag Universal Queen (I used to be a big Prince fan) ..i then had a rough patch..
Toulous Latrec was ridden poorly i thought..never a chance.
Abu Simbel had to stop and start alittle and when he got clear Fair Ace had pinched to much of a break,,Red Pills run was good ..
Dissapointed with Canadian Shuffle..just never travelled ..have to look at the video to see what happened.
Rear Admiral knocked up..

Very happy with Flying Pegasus ..great run ..nice place divie..
Great is Great is racing very well..a check in the straight cost him a length and might have been the difference..

Then Tellem..great ride ..dissapointed with myself for missing the 1st4 ..actually had Rue The saint but didnt have Maizy on the 2nd line :(
but cant complain..
gave a chunk of it back on Cognisant
saved my biggest bet of the day for my special Craiglee Miss ..(nice tri to)

nice way to finish ....2 days in a row ??? the bank balance is going in the right direction..

my shout at the bar boys :)

Hope you backed the the 2 we liked Dazz ....
also a nice exacta ..there..well done

maverick1993
18th March 2006, 07:13 PM
Steel Cap $5 ?? in the next at toowoomba...great value..i'm on ..
hope i'm not going to the well to often ;)

Dazz
19th March 2006, 04:51 AM
G'day all.

Not a bad day yesterday (tab balance fat for now), need a few more of them.

Hopefully we can have a go again next weekend.

Good luck to all