PDA

View Full Version : DOES ANYONE REMEMBER??

darkydog2002
20th March 2006, 12:57 PM
The SARGE 1 system rules

One I recall is that the age of horse = 3 YO

I did a "search " but couldn,t find it.

Cheers and thanks .
darky.

Chrome Prince
20th March 2006, 01:00 PM
Darcy, it's on the forum at the virtual site :)

Look under the software discussion area for that other product.

feather
20th March 2006, 01:21 PM
Darkydog, was that the one that was edited by the late yuckman?
This one was horse Age 4

darkydog2002
20th March 2006, 02:12 PM
Yes thats the one.
I couldn,t find it anywhere .
Thanks.
Darky.

Sarge1
21st March 2006, 03:24 PM
da rules for 4 yo system test should be somewhere in da forum.

baco60
21st March 2006, 04:38 PM
Serge’s system rules

RULE 1: Must be 4 YO
RULE 2 Must have 30 plus win strike rate(30.1 % acceptable)
RULE 3 Must be at least 4 runs in from a spell
RULE 4 Must have been placed in 2 of its last three starts.

Age 4

Starts from spell:4-8
Race Distance: 1000-1200
Race Field Size: 5-16
Track Condition: G,D
Career Starts: 7-26
Barrier Position: 1-10
TAB Number:1-13
Weight to Carry:52.0-58.0
Horse Win:% 30-50
Horse Place:%40-88
Last Start Finish Posn:2-11
2nd Last Start Finish Posn:1-4
3rd Last Start Finish Posn:1-4
4th Last Start Finish Posn:1-11
Max Distance Rise_Drop:+200-400
Weight Change Min_Max:-4.0- + 5.5
Max Last Start Margin: 6.3 Lngs
days since last start:5-56

Duritz
21st March 2006, 05:07 PM
Now, I love a good system, but that one right there smells more pungently of retro-fitting than Baldrick does of three day old sheep dung.

darkydog2002
21st March 2006, 05:11 PM
Thank you for that . Most appreciated.

Cheers.
darky.

baco60
21st March 2006, 07:38 PM
Duritz,
WHY negative approach? Have you got anything better to offer then?” "Serge’s system rules "
I have my doubts.

Chrome Prince
21st March 2006, 08:19 PM
Because it's been tailor made to eek out a profit.

Some of those rules are just not logical, and it's obvious backfitting when rules are

5 ...56

etc.

But if it shows a profit, why not?

marcus25
21st March 2006, 08:52 PM
Now, I love a good system, but that one right there smells more pungently of retro-fitting than Baldrick does of three day old sheep dung.
Well, it smells to me like a betselector system, which by it's very nature is retrofitting.
Incidentally if you leave out the irrevelant factors like:
-
Age 4
Race Field Size: 5-16
Track Condition: G,D
Career Starts: 7-26
Barrier Position: 1-10
TAB Number:1-13
Weight to Carry:52.0-58.0
Max Distance Rise_Drop:+200-400
Weight Change Min_Max:-4.0- + 5.5
Max Last Start Margin: 6.3 Lngs
days since last start:5-56
-
you probably would get the same or near enough results.
Not having the said software I cannot verify but my hunch is that I am not far off.

As Crash used to say, and I am in total agreement with him on this, "why not learn to use "RATINGS" and treat every race on it's merit"?

But if it returns a profit!? some say?

My reply to that is that if you can rate your races-horses properly you don't have to look around for a measly, extra, 1 or 2 % and miss the race altogether for lack of time.
The fact in racing is, that there is rake (charge) by the bookie, TAB or whatever, and that is mostly compensated for by the price available.
I tried Betfair, sure, you can get a better price, IN THEORY only, because there is no guarantee of acceptance.
Still, if it works for you, by all means use it and Good luck.

monkeyinjapan
21st March 2006, 10:24 PM
>>Well, it smells to me like a betselector system, which by it's very nature is retrofitting.

Hi Marcus,

When you say that you don't have BetSelector, I assume you've used it in the past to be able to make such a comment.

Monkeyinjapan

Duritz
21st March 2006, 10:44 PM
Marcus I'm a ratings guy, and that's how I do the form, I price them using my ratings and punt thusly.

HOWEVER, I love systems. Always have. In my opinion, you can love both ways (and I'm still talking about horse racing here...!), because the ratings give you the intellectual stimulation and challenge required, and as Crash said you treat each race on its merits, do the form, and pit yourself against the bookie.

Problem is, there's a big burnout factor with that. You can't do the form for every race every day.... but a system CAN! That's why systems are so appealing, because theoretically with a system you could have 100 or more bets a week, make a profit, and therefore make a fortune. It takes ages to make good money punting the overs because realistically the most races you'll price (if you're doing it PROPERLY) is 25 or so per week, and even then you're in danger of burnout long term. Trust me on these things, I know.

However, the system doesn't burn you out. It happily spits out selections for you, heaps or few depending on how you've designed it, and you happily back them without any fear of mental breakdown or anguish, you no longer agonise over the right figure to give a horse and whether you should take the $5.50 when you've priced it $5.00, you no longer "pull the wrong rein" and miss a winner - because a systems rules are set in stone! They are Moses from the Hill (SCG), "If this, then this" etc - there's no interpretation or chance to f**k it up - a horse is a bet, or it's not!

So, systems give the appeal of surety - sure selections, sure profits (because you've tested them over thousands of races), and sureness of sanity.

That's the appeal.

darkydog2002
21st March 2006, 10:50 PM
Good to hear from you.

Who better to give me a run down on the system than the originator.

I have added a few more to the COMMERCIAL repetoire since we last had contact.

Drop me a line anytime.

Cheers.
darky.

marcus25
22nd March 2006, 02:12 PM
>>
When you say that you don't have BetSelector, I assume you've used it in the past to be able to make such a comment.

Monkeyinjapan
Hi monkeyinjapan!
No I do not and never had the software, but I am quite familiar with it through a friend who does, and my rating software "NOT FOR SALE!!!!" beats the crp.... out of it any time.

Duritz,
It takes me to run, rate a meeting, (not a race) and print out the selections, form and price required in less then a couple of minutes.
Not only that, but it will identify the races where the first,sec. or third selection has a distinct advantage over it's rivals in one or more criteria.
True, it took years to get to this stage and it's still a work in progress, but I started out with pen and paper like everyone else.
Good luck