PDA

View Full Version : The Magicbet System

Glenno
16th June 2006, 03:34 PM
Rule 1. Eliminate all Maiden, 2YO, Set Weight, WFA and jumps races.
Rule 2. Look at the horses last two placings. They must have the following form figures: 52, 42, 32, 22, 12, 51, 41, 31, 21, 11
Rule 3. The horse must have a average prizemoney of at least $2000 per race.
Rule 4. The horse must have a place strike rate of 45% or higher.
Rule 5. The horses last run must have been at one of the following tracks:
Sandown, Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, Rosehill, Warwick Farm, Randwick, Eagle Farm, Doomben, Morphetville, Cheltenham, Victoria Park.
Rule 6. The horse must have raced within 21 days ago.
Rule 7. Eliminate any horse that has last raced as a maiden or in a jumping event.
Rule 8. The horses last start distance must be within 200m of todays race distance.

Where 2 horses meet selection criteria take the horse at longest odds.
If more than 2 selection remain after scratchings, no bet.

ubetido
17th June 2006, 12:07 AM
A slow and agonising death

crash
19th June 2006, 08:21 AM
That's a bit of a rich serve Dolus [?]

Anyone actually tried this system?
Sounds better than anything else I've seen here lately and has some sound handicapping reasoning in the rules. Perhaps take shortest pp odds where there is more than 1 selection is the only thing I would initially change.

crash
19th June 2006, 09:11 AM
Without changing any rules I looked at just one meeting with a dry track:

Chelt. Sat. r2/4 unp. r3/4 w$3.70. r4/5 w$2.30 r5/7unp. r8/3 unp.

That's a profit.

KennyVictor
19th June 2006, 11:00 AM
That's a bit of a rich serve Dolus [?]
Yes, but look at the time on the post. 3.37AM on Brazil v Australia day. He was probably watching the game and got some sh*t in the liver, hence the post. Or could be he's just a nasty bu**ar.
Keep em coming Glenno, if we don't like em we don't have to use em.
KV

Chrome Prince
19th June 2006, 12:23 PM
Outlay $13,743
Return $12,595
Loss - $1,148
LOT - 8.35%

Place return is worse.

Loss lessened by four 50/1 longshots.

Taking horses 20/1 or even 40/1 doesn't help, not enough of them win to make it profitable.

*Overall good idea....if you add extra filters.

Data over 6 years.

crash
19th June 2006, 01:12 PM
A great starting point Chrome considering the rule about taking the horse with the longest odds.

Three simple handicapping filters would easily put this system into the profit ball park:

1. Ignore all selections greater than 6/1 pp.
2. Must have won in the conditions.
3. If more than 1 selection, bet the runner with the lower sp [or pp if preferred].

Chrome Prince
19th June 2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, it is a very good starting point. Many of these sytems Glenno posts lose with the raw rules, but a bit of imagination and logic sees them perform quite well. Just a matter of weeding out the dud bets.

Sportz
19th June 2006, 06:33 PM
I recognise this one. I think my mum actually bought this system AGES ago, (in the mid to late 80s I think), and we followed it for a while. It got a few good results early on, but then hit a bit of a bad patch and as with most people, we basically discarded it then. But having said that, there is a bit of common sense in amongst the rules and as Chrome said, there's no reason why it couldn't perhaps be profitable with the help of a few extra filters.

ubetido
20th June 2006, 01:32 AM
Hi all

Don't know what this DOLUS means anyways was no disrespect to GLENNO just stating my experience with it.

Based on the rules and the staking plan that was offered ran it for about 8 months and it struggled ultimitely losing the bank.

Yes it through up some good winners BUT not on the staking plan it offered. Perhaps with some further investigation and changing the staking plan MAYBE.

Cheers
ubetido

crash
20th June 2006, 04:32 AM
ubetido

You original post was fair comment but dolus's comment was way over the top and was removed by the man last night [Mon.] or in the afternoon.

A few filters would see the system right.