PDA

View Full Version : Beadman plan re-visited

partypooper
1st October 2006, 11:07 AM
This ones being doing well lately so just thought I'd recap the rules i.e.:

Take all Beadmans Mounts on Saturdays only (could include big Carnivals I guess)

Week 1 ,bet one unit win on each (Maxi-divi , but Top Fluc when pre-post fav)

if a profit was realised, repeat next week, if no profit then:

Week 2 = 2 units win, then 3,4,and finally 5 units win on each, after that if still no profit accept the situation and revert back to 1 unit win on each again and repeat. Remember revert back to 1 unit win on each after a PROFIT.

Objective is to realise a profit overall, heaps of action, and some fun. I'm not saying that this is to be used a serious money maker, just fun.

Yesterday was particularly good of course as we were up to 4 units win on each, and along comes Absolutelyfabulous & Coalesce!!! boom, boom!

Chrome Prince
1st October 2006, 12:49 PM
Have you noticed Beadman's pet distances at all? ;)

Wunfluova
1st October 2006, 06:21 PM
Chrome, I would say he is generally most successful at distances 2200 and above but would consider it stretching things a bit to say he had 'pet distances'.

I think any such 'bias' would probably be related more to a track/distance combo rather than a pet distance, but am open to contrary evidence.

Chrome Prince
1st October 2006, 06:49 PM
You are spot on wonfluova.

Beadman is not just a master jockey, he is a master at rating a horse and gaining position. This skill is honed over distance, you just have to see how he positions horses (differently depending on the horse) to gain full advantage.
While others are flogging the $%^& out of their mounts or attempting to "pinch" it, Beadman waits patiently sneeking closer and pulling his horse to the best position.
He goes when the time is right!
The guy is a freak - a bit like an inbuilt sense.

partypooper
1st October 2006, 07:57 PM
Interesting, well at least with my plan you would be on EVERY single winner!!

By the way the same way of betting can be ajusted to suit many forms of selections with equal success, eg. say 3rd favs (pre-post) same way of betting week to week.

crash
2nd October 2006, 06:43 AM
Beadman has had 28 wins from 116 rides this season [23.52%] to 28th. Sept.
and 2 wins Sat. from 8 rides. Most of his rides are are usually under the odds [because he is Beadman and lots of punters back him] and poor value and are not longshots. Relying on longshots to make a profit could get quite expensive. Especially using progressive staking.

J Parr [a] is on 22.22% with 8w from 36 rides, plus 1 win from 1 ride on Sat.
Robl is on 25%, Lynch 33.33% and Tim Clark [a] is on 16% with 12w from 75 starts which is pretty good for an apprentice considering Boss is only on 12.8% and Rodd, Bowman and Quinn all on even less win %.

Some of these lesser know riders with good success rates would produce better value odds overall than Beadman and they get home longshots too.

crash
2nd October 2006, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=partypooper]

if a profit was realized, repeat next week, if no profit then:

Week 2 = 2 units win, then 3,4,and finally 5 units win on each, after that if still no profit accept the situation and revert back to 1 unit win on each again and repeat. Remember revert back to 1 unit win on each after a PROFIT.
QUOTE]

Party,
Well I'll play Devil's advocate here for a bit.

We all know by now [or should know] if a profit cannot be made at level stakes, progression punting will only create progressively heavier losses.

Beadmans win on Absolutelyfabulious at $2.60 is more like the usual odds he brings home [because everyone and their ****** over-backs him]. One of the problem here of course is this system is trying to make a profit from consistently accepting unders for the majority of it's bets.

Beadman's 28 wins from 116 rides this season would have had to return close to 4/1 average win price to be profitable over that period. Somehow I don't think he averaged anywhere near that from those 28 wins before Sat.. The system seems totally reliant on longshots to show a profit.

Maybe someone out there has the prices of those wins [?]

go4it
2nd October 2006, 10:17 AM
have to agree with crash,you will go broke following that system UNLESS you can eliminate some of his poorer chances that will still be overbet anyway.
Betting progression won't save your butt either.
CP,agreed Daz is the best,but while you are kissing his butt cast your mind back to the day another lockey"pinched it"on Grand Armee!Where was Dazza's"inbuilt sense"that day?Where did he position it in the run(Lohnro)and at what time did he "sneak up?"Imo he is a much better rider of sprinters,or up to a mile.

Chrome Prince
2nd October 2006, 10:28 AM
Over distances of greater than 2200m when Beadman rides a first OR second favourite he has an amazing 35.29% win strike rate, and a 69.12% place strike rate with a win POT of 33.53%

Remember we are not talking favourites only, but first and second favourites combined.

His strike rate is phenomenal!

This includes his failures on Lonhro ;)

Add to this his home tracks only, and I'll kiss his butt in Bourke Street.

....Not really

His strike rate on Sprinters and milers is only just above average, which is why his mounts are so hard to make a profit from - they are overbet in general.

That was a 2000m race he was beaten on Lonhro and it was a margin of 6 lengths, horses don't get beaten 6 lengths because of jockey error unless he sat him 5 wide the entire journey, which of course, Dynamic Darren didn't :D

crash
2nd October 2006, 10:55 AM
One thing no one can get away from is, that to follow Beadman a punter is following constant unders.
Aren't we supposed to be looking for overs?

It helps Beadman to have the pick of the best stables and best horses around to ride. Give those rides to Parr, Tim Clark the apprentice or a few other good hoops who are consistently bringing home the bacon [not favorites either] and they would do just as well in SR. Good horses have a lot to do with making good jockeys look a lot better that they really are.

Dittman was the best rider out of Sydney. He could 'lift' a horse over the line. Best hands in the business.

Chrome Prince
2nd October 2006, 11:05 AM
Dittman made a comeback and did nothing, Beadman made a comeback and was given his old job back - speaks volumes.

How can one be taking unders with a 33% POT at TAB prices, there is also an 8% place POT with all horses under $7.00.

crash, you are spot on that good horses make a jockey look better than they are, and I do agree that giving the mounts to other jockeys would transform them into leading jockeys, no argument there.

But Darren has something a little different. He has a gut instinct on mounts which Hawkes noticed a long time ago. He has something which cannot be quantified and I've only ever seen it in one other jockey - R J Skelton.

Paul Harvey does not have it, he has something else ;)

partypooper
2nd October 2006, 12:16 PM
gawd, more worms, you couldn't go broke go4it as like I said just a bit of fun, so not exactly $1000 UNITS, chances are that it breaks even or thereabouts depending entirely on how the better priced winners fall, but again a bit of fun.
I do some serious punting, and also some system based fun ideas and I THINK MOST PEOPLE DO.

crash
2nd October 2006, 03:15 PM
Well like I said Party, I was only playing Devils Advocate. No more than that.

As for Chrome's figures, well they are just that. They prove nothing that he says they prove because no average price was given for his rides [SP favorite or not].
Beadmans SP favorite rides for the past 12mths. would be a lot lower than average SP prices for all favorites because his mounts are pounded on the tote and so are Hawke runners. Doubly so If Beadman is on one.

I'd like to see anyone name all Beadman's starts over the next 12 months that start SP favorite. Some sure but certainly not most. It would come down to guessing.

It's one thing to trot out past [incomplete for what they claim to back up]
figures and say they back up future profit of some idea as Chrome regularly does, it's completely another to know what they will be in advance. Nobody can accurately back any Jockies future SP favorite rides.

Anyhow Party, it will be interesting to see if this one goes peer shape [as these things often do here] :-)

stugots
2nd October 2006, 04:11 PM
yes well beadman/hawkes & a couple other combinations have got a good thing going in what used to be a competative racing scene in sydney (seems like an eternity ago), so whilst the lad has a mountain of talent i believe its more a case of "who you know" rather than "what you know"

be interesting to see how he would match up these days somewhere like honkers, or even melbourne for that matter. but still whatever turns a quid has got to be a good thing :)

crash
2nd October 2006, 05:48 PM
Beadman for Sept.

2/9 Rosehill
9 rides
R1: w$1.45w F [Hawks].
R8: Mustard $12w

12/9 WF
6 rides
R3 w$2.70F [H]

13/9 Canterbury
4 rides [all Hawkes]
r4 w$2.60F [H]

16/9
8 rides
All lost

23/9
7 rides
All lost

26/9
6 rides [all Hawkes]
r1 w$1.75 F
r4 w$2 F
r5 w$1.80 F
r6 w$2 F
r7 w$3 F

27/9
4 rides [all Hawkes]
All Lost

Total rides: 44
Total wins: 9
Total win price: $29.30
Average win price just under $3.25 with the inclusion of a $12 winner. Take that away and he averages $2.16 a win from 8 wins.

Obviously Beadmans win price average is generally well below average fav. win price.
Anyone backing Beadman last month would have been totally reliant on last Sat. longshot to [just] make a profit. He had 6 losing rides, that have to be considered so a profit would have [just] been made at level stakes for the month. Whew !!

partypooper
2nd October 2006, 06:05 PM
Crash, do I take that you are not fan of Beadman??? just kidding,

Chrome Prince
2nd October 2006, 09:19 PM
crash in your haste to disagree with me, I think you missed the point.

I agree that most of Beadman's mounts are unders - no argument there.

But not all of them are unders, his mounts over distances of 2200m plus return a very healthy POT and strike rate - because jockey instinct, rating and positioning a horse are most important over distance.

The figures prove that he wins more than the odds available over distance, therefore his mounts over distance are not unders.

This was considering all mounts either first or second favourite only.

I didn't even hone it down to his pet tracks which boost the strike rate enormously.

Crash, I'll post Beadman's Best in another thread for the coming 12 months, but I still think you just come back with "that proves nothing" as is always the case.

crash
3rd October 2006, 05:51 AM
Fair enough Chrome I misinterpreted your figures but it would have been handy if you clarified them when presenting them rather than in a latter post.

Distance events have a higher average fav. price than sprints, so naturally Beadmans figure's [and everyone else's] get dragged up a notch or two. That's hardly ground breaking news.

No. I don't automatically claim stats prove nothing, but when there used on a fairly long bow as they often are here, yes I do claim that they prove nothing about the future.
Looking back over 12 mths. is the past by the way Chrome, not the future and it's the future were discussing here, not the past I'm disputing.

Party,
No, I think Beadman is a great rider [among quite a few others] but he slaughters his share of rides too. I just think he gets more accolades than he deserves considering he's sitting on the short priced fav. a lot of the time and as last months figure show, he has no trouble riding a card without a win.
Even 2 meetings in a row without a win. He's no champion jockey [any more] that's for sure.

If he is so good, let him get down here to Melb. and mix it with the big boys.

As for your swipe at Dittman Chrome. let's put that little bit of ignorance to bed :-))

MICK DITTMAN
- winner of more than 1,700 races
- winner of 88 Group 1 races
- winner of Melbourne Cup
- winner of 3 Golden Slippers
- winner of 2 Cox Plates
- winner of Caulfield Cup
- winner of 3 Sydney Jockey Premierships
- winner 5 Brisbane Jockey Premierships

Some of the horses Dittman rode:

- Full on
- Aces
- Bounding Away
- Bint Marscay
- Strawberry Road
- Red Anchor
- Gurner's Lane
- Sydeston

crash
3rd October 2006, 08:20 AM
This info might help your system Party !

1/8/02 to 27/9/06
Odds Range Stats:S.....W....W%

Odds on-Evens..197...118...59.9
1.1 - 2.5.......686....236...34.4
2.6 - 5.0......1035...234...22.6
5.1 - 8.0.......633...81.....12.8
8.1 - 16.0.....518...39......7.5
16.0+ ..........219....7......3.2

Total..........3288...715....21.7 [27w from last 100 rides]

Distance Range Stats
<=1000.............161....34....21.1
1001m-1300m...1400...311...22.2
1301m-1500m.....670...141...21.0
1501m-2000m.....872...192...22.0
2001m-2400m.....154....30....24
2401m+...............31.....7....22.6

Total...............3288...715....21.7

I won't print out all the stats, but the best bet for Beadman seems to be:

1. 2yr to 4yr old horse [23% w]
2. 1001m-1300m or 2001m to 2400m [as Chrome said, you might make a profit sticking to this distance, but a long time between bets].
3. Exactly 14d since last start [24.6% w]
4. Barrier 1 to 6 [23.4% w]
5. Weight 52 to 53kg [37.5% w] or 57-58kg [24.5% w]
6. Trained by Hawkes:-)

go4it
3rd October 2006, 09:46 AM
comparing Dittman and Beadman is a no contest.

Mick proved to be a champion hoop in 3 states,and his ability to position his mount in the run and his strength in a close finish were phenomenal.

Darren is reluctant to venture out of Sydney.

Don't get me wrong,I think he is a very good rider,but I wonder where he be if his association with the Hawkes camp was severed?

It was only a few years ago that the dodgy bros.(jim & larry)were riding high for top stables.Where are they now?

CP,

Beadman admitted to jockey "error"on that ride mentioned,and he didn't sit 5 wide.If that is your criterion for jockey error have another think.

Hawkes was so filthy on that ride he wouldn't even talk to him after the race.

Chrome Prince
3rd October 2006, 12:19 PM
What did Dittman do on his comeback, who did he ride for?

Beadman came back better than ever, and was instantly snapped up by the trainer.

Beadman is not perfect of course, but I'd be on his mounts any day.

As for slaughtering, I think that's an overstatement of fact. Many of the hotpots he rides should never be hotpots.

Beadman has won big races in Melbourne and Brisbane as well.

If you were Darren Beadman riding a horse in his last race going to stud for big money, you'd claim you were wrong too. A horse simply doesn't get beaten 6 lengths by horses he previously whipped due to jockey error.
Lonhro had had enough.
He'd won 4 group1 races in a row including an Australian Cup.
Darren said he should have gone sooner...Lonhro had no trademark zip left and was under the whip and struggling a long way out.

Had Beadman said that, what do ya reckon Hawksey would have said to him?

;)

crash
3rd October 2006, 02:06 PM
Mahammed Ali tried to make a comeback too ...and failed. I suppose that makes him a has-been?

Time will tell if Beadman makes it into the Hall of Fame [Dittman has]. I wouldn't be putting money on it.

--------------------------------------------------

Australian Racing Museum Hall of Fame
[Jockeys]
W. Cook
E. Britt
M Dittman
W. Duncan
P.Glennon
R.Hutchinson
R. 'Toqo' Johnstone
R. Lewis
J Pike
Jack Purtell
J.Thompson
N Sellwood
H. White
B. Williamson

Inaugural
A Breasley
T Hales
R Higgins
G Moore
D Munro
--------------------------------------------

Chrome Prince
3rd October 2006, 02:25 PM
Ali has little to do with jockeys crash.

Boxers don't box into their 40's successfully, jockeys have been known to ride into their 50's.

Ali was a legend like him or hate him, but he didn't know when enough was enough.

Name one boxer who made a comeback at age and won just as many fights, not just one or two matches.

How many jockeys made a comeback and were as successful as Darren Beadman?

He does make mistakes, but he more than makes up for it.

Dittman was great in his hay day, but he didn't possess the judgement of Darren in my opinion, he was better in a close finish getting the most out of his horse, as you say "lifting" the horse over the line, Darren just judges his timing to perfection, so he doesn't have to "lift"

He knows what's in the tank and where and when to go based on what's left to nut the opposition on the line or streak away.

There is one other jockey who is an apprentice, who looks like he just might come close.

Your edited list also speaks volumes H White and R Higgins???

It's about achievements not necessarily consistent ability.

Where are M Clarke and G Childs and R J Skelton and B Thompson?

The difference between a good athlete and a champion is consistent skill, not necessarily top achievements.

To have two jockeys in the hall of fame known widely for "malpractice" shames the list.

You have the likes of R J Skelton who never achieved the heights of some others, but was consistently the best judge over distance.
He proved it time and time again. He had the inbuilt ability to time to perfection and more importantly rate the horse. He will never make the hall of fame, just because he never won a multitude of group one races, but his performance was amongst the very best.

crash
4th October 2006, 05:49 AM
Your edited list also speaks volumes H White and R Higgins???

I'm not on the esteemed judging panel [obviously you think you should be] and the fact you think it's an 'edited' list [it's the full list] and you have given White and Higgins question marks, just exposes your ignorance chrome.

Harry White won 4 Melb. cups in 6yrs.and among his many other achievements were 2 Cauifield cups, a Cox Plate, 3 Newmarket Handicaps and three Futurity Stakes wins among 200 feature race wins, 60 of them G1's. Harry was the best stayer and hands and heels rider that ever mounted a horse.

Roy Higgins achievements were as good as they ever get, including 10 jockey premierships [a record he shares only with Bill Duncan] and is one of only two jockeys ever to top a 'century' of group 1 winners, 108 of them. The other jockey being George Moore who won 119.
Higgins rode over 2,300 winners including two Melbourne Cups, a Caulfield Cup, a Cox Plate, 4 VRC Derbies, 5 VRC Oaks and 4 Blue Diamonds !

Only one other jockey [Greg Hall] managed to top the $30,000 fine for dangerous riding your mate Beadman coped and there not the sort of records that make Champion jockeys.

go4it
4th October 2006, 09:36 AM
we could debate this point forever and the bottom line is personal opinion,which we are all entitled to.When Dittman made his comeback he was nearly 40,a big age difference to when Darren came back.As has been stated,the Hawkes/Beadman combo is nearly always at poor odds relative to actual winning chance.I don't think Darren slaughter too many of his rides,but the pressure on him to produce is enormous.Harking back to Lohnro,his judgement was way out that day.And in the light of Robbo and Newitt copping 3 months for not giving their mounts every possible chance to win/place,why was there no enquiry into that ride?If Darren thought it had gone flat,why did he not tell Hawkes before the race and ask not to ride it?As for Lohnro in the Cox Plate,maybe it was the jockey who can't handle the Valley,not the horse.Does anyone have Darren's s/r for all rides at that venue alone?

Chrome Prince
4th October 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not on the esteemed judging panel [obviously you think you should be] and the fact you think it's an 'edited' list [it's the full list] and you have given White and Higgins question marks, just exposes your ignorance chrome.

Harry White won 4 Melb. cups in 6yrs.and among his many other achievements were 2 Cauifield cups, a Cox Plate, 3 Newmarket Handicaps and three Futurity Stakes wins among 200 feature race wins, 60 of them G1's. Harry was the best stayer and hands and heels rider that ever mounted a horse.

Roy Higgins achievements were as good as they ever get, including 10 jockey premierships [a record he shares only with Bill Duncan] and is one of only two jockeys ever to top a 'century' of group 1 winners, 108 of them. The other jockey being George Moore who won 119.
Higgins rode over 2,300 winners including two Melbourne Cups, a Caulfield Cup, a Cox Plate, 4 VRC Derbies, 5 VRC Oaks and 4 Blue Diamonds !

Only one other jockey [Greg Hall] managed to top the $30,000 fine for dangerous riding your mate Beadman coped and there not the sort of records that make Champion jockeys.

Yeah it does come down to personal opinion.
People can see things 100 different ways.

I don't think I should be on the judges panel, I think all punters should be.
It shouldn't be a poularity contest, it should not be what the jockey achieved at his very best, it should be based on consistent riding skill.

Otherwise we may as well have Brew or Lovely Jubly as horse of the year.

I mentioned edited only because I replied to your post and then you added the list after. I didn't mean you had actually edited the list.

You can call me ignorant or whatever you like crash, but it consistently appears that anyone who has their own way of punting or their own way of looking at things is ignorant. It also appears that you think you are judge and jury in all things punting.

Calling people names is kids stuff.

Without mentioning names here (because of forum rules) the facts are that one jockey on that list who won a number of melbourne cups was well known for pulling horses, so much so, he earned a nickname that stuck with him for the rest of his riding life. Time after time he's position his mounts behind a wall of horses near the fence, with the horse bolting never getting a chance to get clear until it was too late. Then he'd return to the mounting yard with a wry smile on his face.

Another jockey also publicly admitted to doing worse than that....on more than one occassion. And that's just what he publicly admitted to.

But it seems you think the list should be based on the very best achievements of a jockey's career, rather than actual race skill.
Sure, jockeys don't win multiple cups and plates without skill, but it's trying your heart out all the time and being more right than wrong and overcoming adversity in running, taking needle eye openings and winning.

Beadman has won two Melbourne Cups also.

In closing, you'd rather have a rider who pulled horses declared a champion, than a rider who got fined for giving his mount every possible chance to win?

What has the world come to.

Chrome Prince
4th October 2006, 12:04 PM
As has been stated,the Hawkes/Beadman combo is nearly always at poor odds relative to actual winning chance.

If Darren thought it had gone flat,why did he not tell Hawkes before the race and ask not to ride it?As for Lohnro in the Cox Plate,maybe it was the jockey who can't handle the Valley,not the horse.Does anyone have Darren's s/r for all rides at that venue alone?

No, if you back every mount they are poor odds.
Check out what I stated in this thread for yourself.

You can't tell if a horse has gone flat until you're in running and travelling poorly, unless the horse is truly flat at the stables.

To suggest Darren couldn't handle the Valley is ludicrous when the horse never travelled well at any point and was beaten out of sight, yet never held up for one moment.

stugots
5th October 2006, 09:24 AM
wh**** the ******** is with all the ********ing ***** in these posts??

go4it
6th October 2006, 07:45 AM
Chrome,
you got me there on Lohnro in the Cox,but I would still be interested to see Dazza's s/r at that track alone.As you know,it is a different surface and a tricky circuit to handle,for both horse and jockey.Some handle it,some just don't.
IMO the Melbourne jockeys have the edge at that track.

Chrome Prince
6th October 2006, 11:18 AM
5 wins from 42 rides but he has ridden some very long priced horses there.

I trimmed it down to horses in the market and his strike rate is very poor there, there aren't many rides though.

Here's a breakdown by tracks....

Moonee Valley 11.90% Profit $6.10
Caulfield 14.18% Loss $4.80
Flemington 10.36% Loss $21.60
Sandown 8.33% Loss $10.20

Doomben 11.11% Loss $39.70
Eagle Farm 12.50% Loss $32.60

Morphettville 20% Profit $0.50
Victoria Park - no rides
Cheltenham - no rides

Ascot - no rides
Belmont - no rides

Canterbury 20.65% Loss $46.70
Kensington 22.67% Profit $15.50
Randwick 19.24% Profit $19.50
Rosehill 19.61% Loss $88.90
Warwick Farm 19.92% Loss $120.50

The data is skewed by longshot winners, no. of rides bias etc.

I think the lack of strike rate interstate is due to unfamiliar pickup rides when travelling for a particular race. Other jockeys seem to follow similar patterns.

go4it
6th October 2006, 02:11 PM
thanks for that Chrome,

kind of what I imagined(interstate wise).

That's why I lean to local jockeys with experience at the track(mostly).

Chrome Prince
6th October 2006, 02:23 PM
Here's some food for thought...

Dynamic Darren has had 180 rides on odds on favourites for a return of $181.40

Many of these wins were consecutive, so you could quite easily profit from all up betting.

Even picking and choosing between his favoured rides could spot you a nice return, even though they are odds on.

By stark contrast P J Harvey has had 156 rides on odds on favourites for a return of only $143.90

*These are rides at Metropolitan venues.

Chrome Prince
6th October 2006, 02:26 PM
thanks for that Chrome,

kind of what I imagined(interstate wise).

That's why I lean to local jockeys with experience at the track(mostly).

Yes, I reckon you have to weigh it up, between the horse and jockey strength.

I.E. Boss & Makybe, Beadman and Lonhro etc.

and allow for the away track penalty when looking at price.

Chrome Prince
6th October 2006, 02:53 PM
Here's also some further info....

I posted a long time ago regarding the first up form of Darren, which continues to be profitable.

Horses coming off a spell which are not first starters....

653 rides
126 wins
19.30% SR
Profit $39.50
POT 6.05%

Now, let's restrict this to the powerful Hawkes Beadman combo

237 rides
50 wins
21.10% SR
Profit $47.10
POT 19.87%

Within poor prices, there's almost always an edge somewhere ;)

So first up Hawkes rides, rides over distance, odds on rides with a filter are ALL showing profit.

Beadman's Bet Busters :D

Incidentally, all Darren's Metropolitan track rides for the month of September...

57 rides
15 wins
26.32% SR
Profit $14.30
POT 25.09%

That's coming off a poor August of 21.13% SR and a 19.72% LOT.

He bounced back nicely.

July was in profit
June a slight loss
May a big loss
April in profit
March in profit
February profit
January loss

In fact all his rides this year only (since Jan) show a 4.31% POT with no added filters.

Chrome Prince
6th October 2006, 03:30 PM
The last 6 years Group 1 race jockey premiership table

G Boss 42
D Beadman 26
D Oliver 25
D Nikolic 20
G Childs 19
C Munce 17
C Brown 15
Steven King 15
S Seamer 14
D Beasley 13
B Prebble 12
P Payne 12
J Cassidy 11
L Beasley 11
D Gauci 10
L Cassidy 10
P J Harvey 9
S W Arnold 8
K Mcevoy 7
N Rawiller 7
B York 6
C Williams 6
Shane Dye 6
C Newitt 5
H Bowman 5
J Ford 5
R M Quinn 5
S Baster 5
J Sheehan 4
N Callow 4
M Flaherty 3
M Rodd 3
P Mertens 3
D Dunn 2
G Colless 2
J S Whiting 2
M J Cahill 2
P King 2
S Katsidis 2
W J Hokai 2
A G Robinson 1
A Pattillo 1
A Spiteri 1
B Park 1
B Shinn 1
C Carmody 1
C K Harvey 1
C Lindop 1
Chris Munce 1
D J Staeck 1
D Mclellan 1
D R Miller 1
D Taggart 1
G Duffy 1
G Lynch 1
Greg Childs 1
J Benbow 1
J Bowditch 1
J Taylor 1
Jim Cassidy 1
K Forrester 1
L Camilleri 1
L Currie 1
M De Montfort 1
M Gatt 1
M J Walker 1
M J Zahra 1
M Pumpa 1
P B Farrell 1
P Gatt 1
P Hammersley 1
R Mcleod 1
R S Dye 1
S Arnold 1
S Galloway 1
S J Miller 1
W A Pike 1
W Treloar 1
Z Purton 1

I'm not too sure what's going on with Bossy, the last few months apart from Racing To Win have been well below his normal par.

go4it
8th October 2006, 10:15 PM
Chrome,
very interesting figures,thank you.
Quite obvious why Bossie gets all the "plum" rides in G1's.

Chrome Prince
11th October 2006, 03:17 PM
Poor value Darren, I think not.

Beadman rides on Good tracks rated 100 by Techform

248 rides
Win Return 273.90
Place Return 252.92

Win Profit 25.90
Place Profit 4.92

Win POT 10.44%
Place POT 1.98%

This is just at TAB price ;)

Another myth busted!

The poor value comes from the over rated and over hyped horses which do not have the class to warrant being so short. Sticking to the genuine class horses sees Darren's superior skill blend to a nice profit.

The maximum win dividend is $7.20 and it does not include any rides in October yet.

So we are left with...

Techform 100 on Good tracks - profitable
Hawkes rides first up from a spell - profitable
Odds On rides with one filter - profitable
Rides over greater than 2200m - profitable

Just lay what's left :D

partypooper
21st October 2006, 07:38 PM
Beadman------ Caufield------ ark,ark, hee hee ark, ark ark!

stugots
22nd October 2006, 11:19 AM
the boy had a day out, thats for sure, as did one d dunn, a jock that i definately dont rate... b.ugger