PDA

View Full Version : add to my system

darkydog2002
28th August 2002, 01:08 PM
wizard ratings g-d tracks.91-100 wt rating field strength -20 =1.5.placed last start to 1600 within 2l.1650 within 3l.weight today 55kg plus. all punters feel free to to add your own rules.let me know.

hermes
29th August 2002, 10:33 AM
So basically darkdog your selections are last start placegetters with various filters applied. My only comment is that my own experience of last start placegetters is that as a group you find winners among them - whereas with last start winners you get a higher proportion of placegetters. I guess it is simply that a last start placegetter may yet to have peaked in form whereas last start winners may have peaked last race.

I can't comment otherwise because I don't know the Wizard rating system. I haven't used it. I look at the Wizard every time I'm in the newsagent but I'm yet to buy it. I already buy the Sportsman twice weekly, the Hun (Herald Sun) every day, and clock up an internet bill, all for this little punting habit (which veers from profit to loss on a daily basis, overheads not included). So I figure I can't justify buying another racing paper, and I know if I buy it one week and it grabs my interest I'II buy it thereafter adding to my punting bill.

You obviously find the Wizard useful. Perhaps you could list its virtues for me, especially if you think its superior to other racing publications, and why? That is, why are you basing your system on the Wizard ratings rather than some other rating system?

I have heard good things about the Wizard ratings. What makes them different?

Perhaps I could start buying the Wiz and stop buying the Hun every day? At the Bendigo races recently I noticed once again that the vast majority of punters had the Herald Sun form guide with them (if they had anything other than the race booklet). But its really not very good.

Sorry I can't help. There doesn't seem to be many Wizard readers on this forum which is why I think you're not getting much response to your inquiry darkdoggy.

Hermes

The Catparrot
29th August 2002, 10:49 AM
I dont trust their rated prices. Latte won in Adelaide at 4/1 on Saturday. Wizard rated it 140/1. Too many 100/1 winners from their ratings get up for my liking.

darkydog2002
29th August 2002, 11:17 AM
the best thing about the wizard is the field strength figures. they tell you the quality of the horses competing against each other.ie each rating figure tells you if your horse is meeting a stronger or weaker competitor.agood way to compare one horse against another. most pros are moving away from class ratings to field strength ratings.a lot easier and simpler.give them ago .you wont be be dissapointed.

shy
29th August 2002, 11:43 AM
There is such a great array of free racing products on the web now I never buy a form guide anymore.... saving a fortune. The Racing and Sports neurals are fantastic (if you sort out what is and isn't important). Mark Read's Ozeform is a great resource, I particularly like the horse query... even has all the trial info. And the Tab sites provide me with the rest of the info I need.
Just hope now that I have said that out loud they won't start charging!
I have been told the Unitab site is upgrading next month and offering more products... they may let us have their ratings earlier.