PDA

View Full Version : tipsters,ratings etc

peakester
29th August 2002, 01:44 PM
Are there any tipsters, free ratings etc that the readers of this forum have great confidence in? For example after studying Shane Templeton's tips for a reasonable period of time, he seems to have a good handle on Melbourne midweekers ditto Ray Huxley. Do readers follow radio commentators, paper/TV tipsters or internet ratings in a successful manner. What are their areas of strength? I understand some of the replies may note topics/info already covered on this forum.

Cheers

Shy, can you email me peakester@useoz.com re your recent posting - thanks.

Equine Investor
29th August 2002, 05:19 PM
peakester, I would be very wary of following racing journalist's tips in any way shape or form. There are lots of unbiased and informed ratings services out there. For instance, have you ever looked at the propunter free ratings for Wednesday and Saturday.
Similarly, you could even look at techform or QTAB ratings.
I just don't like racing journo's as tipsters, because half the time they are facing a deadline and just throw in whatever looks obvious on face value!
I know this as one of my good friends is a racing journo and was astounded when he told me he never backs his own tips in the paper, but bets on others he has studied or got some inside info on!

yubet
30th August 2002, 11:25 AM
I have been using the AAP ratings on the QTAB site for over a year now,and find them reliable,what's more they are free,and I usually obtain them after scratchings each day.They also include Shane Templeton's tips,so that is an added bonus if you follow him, - I don't.

There are various other mentions of these ratings on this forum,so study these comments,they are well worth while
Cheers,Yubet

schmucta80
30th August 2002, 12:28 PM
gday
dunno how many greyhound punters there are on this forum, but ive made an absolute stack over the last say 3-4 years following Paul Dolans tips from either albion pk, gold coast or ipswich
the best tipster that i know going round
cheers

fastman
13th September 2002, 06:15 PM
I try the neurals at racing & sports , have been having some luck with them the last month or so , try taking the ones that are over 200 and have a gap of more than 50 over the next horse , and check that they are drawn ok .
Check them out , its free and very helpful.

Big Louie
17th September 2002, 06:09 PM
schmucta80,

Hi. You wrote:

gday
dunno how many greyhound punters there are on this forum, but ive made an absolute stack over the last say 3-4 years following Paul Dolans tips from either albion pk, gold coast or ipswich
the best tipster that i know going round
cheers

unquote

Can you please tell me who Paul Dolan writes for? Brisbane newspaper, I assume. Any others?

Thanks & regards,
Big Louie

schmucta80
15th October 2002, 11:31 AM
hey Big Louie
sorry bout the delay in responding, been holidaying in sunny qld for a month
paul dolan is usually the sky channel race caller so his tips come through on their website and also, i have radio tab and he calls the dogs on there so i get his tips off the radio
hope this helps
cheers

Big Louie
22nd October 2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the reply schmucta80,

One more question if you don't mind.

Do you follow all of his tips, or do you apply your own filter criteria before deciding to put your money on?

Thanks for your help & regards,
Big Louie

P.S. Hope Qld was good. I know I need a holiday, but it sure won't be Bali!

Dr Pangloss
22nd October 2002, 04:55 PM
http://www.saddlerat.com/puntmaster/

The PuntMaster is a genius. Last Saturdays ratings saw 5 out 10 top rated win.

Updates available on morning of races including tomorrows Geelong meeting.

And yes, all for free - don't ask me.