View Full Version : Topic:Don Scott

quapi
21st July 2001, 08:28 PM
[NB - Copied from old forum.]
Topic:Don Scott

Dons Legacy [guest]

Don Scott
Posted 7-5-2001 10:49

Please if you are serious about punting read Don Scott`s books,put in practice the ONLYproven winning methods ,sorry no magic,no phone calls,no system,just old fashioned weight ratings,yes weight
ratings ,you too can join the 5% of winners ,I will post some selected weight ratings Saturday morning Good Luck punters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2001-07-25 15:12 ]</font>

darkydog2002
27th September 2002, 10:03 AM
thank god .at last .a sensible investor.

Sandgroper
27th September 2002, 11:32 AM
My outlook on punting changed completely when I read Don’s books many years ago. One of my rating systems is based on variations of his ideas, approaches and betting methods, and today is still making a profit.

I’ve noticed a few Don Scott knockers in our forum in the past. I’m sure Don wouldn’t mind joining in with me in saluting those knockers, using of course the current technology of digital communication. :wink:

Sandgroper :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2002-09-27 12:35 ]</font>

VBA
11th December 2002, 07:51 PM
Hi
My first post...
I'm evaluating Don Scotts methods... using excel based code to retrieve form from the web and process it in accordance with the process in 'Winning More'.
My question is...
Does anyone have a current listing of the class ratings of metro and/or provincial races to share? I don't mind working it out myself, but if anyone can save me time, that would be excellent.
respectfully
VBA

darkydog2002
29th December 2002, 02:52 PM
most pros of my aquaintance have moved to field strength ratings.with night racing /sunday /bong bong picnic races and other rubbish its almost impossible to keep up with it all.far simpler to use the field strength ratings straight from the wizard and forget up /down/or equal class.far more accurate too.

Rob The Calculator
12th January 2003, 10:09 PM
Yes Gents I too have used Don Scotts magical books for many years with great success. I incorporate Weight, Class, Field Strength and Distance along with a little known piece of weight handicapping genius - a 'Degree of Difficulty" weight and distance chart. Very impressive and was written around 15-20 years ago and still very current and applicable today.
Happy Punting!!!

darkydog2002
21st January 2003, 03:24 PM
to rob the calculator.how about sticking to horses 55kg and up.36.5pc of horses yet win 50.6pc.good odds wouldnt you agree.

Mr. Logic
21st January 2003, 04:48 PM
On my understanding Don Scott only started writing once he believed he could no longer win on the punt.
The ratings methods he published are outmoded and do not work - for example there is no mention of speed in a race. The class structures he used were also far too rigid. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

jimDiGriz
4th February 2003, 10:27 PM
Where does one get Don's books?

GeneralGym
10th February 2003, 05:22 PM
Has anyone ordered from "Books and Collectables" online using their credit card and if so how did you find the service?
I'm thinking of ordering a Don Scott book and am a bit dubious about sites I don't know.

william
30th March 2003, 08:09 AM
I agree with your comments
two critical points in any selection criteria are : Time and distance.
On 2003-01-21 17:48, Mr. Logic wrote:
On my understanding Don Scott only started writing once he believed he could no longer win on the punt.
The ratings methods he published are outmoded and do not work - for example there is no mention of speed in a race. The class structures he used were also far too rigid. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.