PDA

View Full Version : Testing An Each-Way System

michaelg
21st October 2007, 11:03 AM
I have been testing a system which to date has shown promise in both Win and Place betting.

The two rules are:
1 ) Must be from the stallion with the highest Win percentage.
2 ) Must be ridden by a jockey with the top or second-highest percentage.

The above information can be found on Betfair with the new Australian dynamic horse racing resource.

The highest Win divvy I've struck is $7.10, and Place is $2.10.

Today's selections are:
Seymour R7 no.5 - Twin Town
Clare R4 no.8 - Mr Barlow
Horsham R6 no.5 - Sacred Sumardi.

Fingers crossed...

salty
21st October 2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome back Michael

I thought you must have been ill, as it is so unusual for you not to post almost every day.
I should have known you obviously were taking time out for further research.
Good luck.

salty
21st October 2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Michael

Can you be more explicit about how you find this information. I have gone into the aust horseracing section, but am a bit stuck from there.
Thanks.

michaelg
22nd October 2007, 07:03 AM
Hi, Salty.

I have two Betfair accounts - one in Pounds sterling and the other in Aus $.

I don't seem to be able to access the page using my Pounds account. However, with my $ account I go to the Home page, and towards the top of the left side is a fairly large black section with the words in white, green and cerise stating: "Betfair Racing. New Australian Dynamic Horse Racing Resource." Click on to "Enter" which will take you to the necessary area.

I don't think the Stallion stats are taken into account when ratings are calculated (Don Scott didn't). Yet it seems Maria considered this factor in her Lay system.

I am currently testing two Lay systems - one using the Jockey strike rate. And the second, using the Stallion stats. To date, both systems are performing very well and my account is steadily growing. I hope I now haven't jinxed both methods.

salty
22nd October 2007, 11:14 AM
Okay, I've found the page, and think I know how you do it. I will see if I get any selections for today, and then compare them with yours.

Lets hope its a goer. Re your mention of Maria - I know from listening to UK racing that they take a lot more notice of bloodlines than we do.

michaelg
22nd October 2007, 11:58 AM
Hi, Salty.

Glad you found the site - hopefully it'll prove to be of use.

There were no winners from yesterday's 3 selections but there was one placegetter paying $3.30.

Two selections today:
Townsville R2 no.1 - Gromm
Townsville R5 no.5 - Classic Win.