PDA

View Full Version : Race Census

Stix
23rd November 2007, 12:59 PM
Can I update the database myself?

No, updates are provided by RaceCensus monthly. The database contains many complex calculations which are programmed manually by the RaceCensus programmer. This is why updates can only be provided by RaceCensus.

What period does the database cover?

At the time of writing, (October, 2007) the database covers from January 2000 to October 2007. Constant updates are always being made.

........ I have received two updates (March and June)....and have not received a response for some time on the subsequent missing updates (And we are nearly in November!)

Chrome Prince
23rd November 2007, 03:00 PM
Stix,

I haven't received any email from you regarding this that I'm aware of.
The next update will be sent out next week and will cover all previous meetings including any you may have missed out on.
If the last update you received was back in June, then I may not have your latest mailing address. As only the last two updates were not sent out because of EI and lack of data.

Please send me an email to racestats at hotmail dot com, so that we can resolve this to your satisfaction.

Regards.

Stix
23rd November 2007, 03:07 PM
Stix,

I haven't received any email from you regarding this that I'm aware of.
The next update will be sent out next week and will cover all previous meetings including any you may have missed out on.
If the last update you received was back in June, then I may not have your latest mailing address. As only the last two updates were not sent out because of EI and lack of data.

Please send me an email to racestats at hotmail dot com, so that we can resolve this to your satisfaction.

Regards.Have sent several emails to this address...... it hasn't changed since we corresponded on the 'drifters and steamers' topic..... so not sure what the story is...

Chrome Prince
23rd November 2007, 03:09 PM
Stix, have received your most recent email now, will reply to that address now.

Stix
27th November 2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks Chrome.

Kind of excited by the system results thus far, For others the stats I'm looking at are:

WIN PLACE
Selections 4,797 4,797

Wins 839 2131

SR% 17.5 44.4

Return 6006 5022

Profit 1209 225

POT% 25.2 4.7

Av Win 7.1 2.3

Low 1.4 0

High 58.5 11.4

I've kept manual records for the past 6 months and is looking good for this year, alothough as you expect a little down on restricted meetings.... so will post update when I receive the update from Chrome.

Stix
27th November 2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks Chrome.

Kind of excited by the system results thus far, For others the stats I'm looking at are:

WIN PLACE
Selections 4,797 4,797

Wins 839 2131

SR% 17.5 44.4

Return 6006 5022

Profit 1209 225

POT% 25.2 4.7

Av Win 7.1 2.3

Low 1.4 0

High 58.5 11.4

I've kept manual records for the past 6 months and is looking good for this year, alothough as you expect a little down on restricted meetings.... so will post update when I receive the update from Chrome.Glad to see you all gob smacked........ :D

lomaca
28th November 2007, 01:44 PM
Glad to see you all gob smacked........ :D
Should we be Stix?
take out the $58 and see what's left!?
How is No.14 from barrier 14 going then?
Good luck

Chrome Prince
28th November 2007, 04:07 PM
Should we be Stix?

Yeah, actually you should. ;)

Take out the $58.00 winner and you have a profit of 1,151 units which is more than 20% POT at TAB prices.

Divide the left over profit by the $58.00 winner that we took out and you get nearly 20 winners making up the profit over nearly 4,800 selections.

On top of that it shows a 4.7% place POT and dividing the place profit by the MAXIMUM place dividend also indicates more than 20 placings making up the profit.

Not many, if any systems can withstand dividing the profit by the maximum dividend and still return a healthy number of winners over so many selections.

Here's part of my reply via email to Stix which I'm sure he won't mind me posting....

Both these systems look absolutely terrific.
Although with the first one, there seem to be a few outsiders getting up,
the system viability is very strong to compensate.

I also think that it is a strong indicator that the place shows a profit
with both systems. This seems to instill a great deal of confidence in any
system.

Here's the quite amazing thing, if you were to add both systems together,
and bet twice on some horses, it looks like this....

WIN PLACE
Selections 10958 10958
Wins 2041 5088
% 18.6 46.4
Return 13305 11439
Profit 2347 481
POT 21.4 4.4

XXX this is 21% POT at TAB prices over 10,958 bets, I'm very impressed
indeed.
You've certainly found something special.
Well done!

All of this taking miserly tote prices, taking top fluctuation and using Betfair on the longer priced horses (considering many horses outside the fancies are more than twice the price on Betfair) the returns are absolutely phenomenal......if you're patient and disciplined.

King Cugat
28th November 2007, 04:13 PM
Seems i've missed the start of this thread.
Is this a system Stix has implimented himself or is this software?

KC

Mr Quaddie
28th November 2007, 04:16 PM
$400 a year it cost right?

huge tip on track for 12 and 11 in the 7th at devonport today

Chrome Prince
28th November 2007, 04:26 PM
Seems i've missed the start of this thread.
Is this a system Stix has implimented himself or is this software?

KC

This is a system that Stix has designed using the software.

Stix
28th November 2007, 04:26 PM
Should we be Stix?
How is No.14 from barrier 14 going then?
Good luckQ: take out the $58 and see what's left!?
A: A lot
Q: How is No.14 from barrier 14 going then?
A: Not sure.... haven't looked at it for a while. You'll have to ask the original system poster, I just thought I'd contribute to the forum and not knock like some others.

Statement: Good luck
Interpretation: Lacks sincerity and hence disregarded

Chrome Prince
28th November 2007, 04:30 PM
$400 a year it cost right?

Correct, but you don't have to keep buying if you don't wish.
The database doesn't select horses, it is a tool to design and filter your own systems for future use.

At the click of a button, you can instantly see the strike rate and profit and loss of various methods.
The database outperforms most market leaders as far as speed of the queries by as much as 200% or more and queries are probably the easiest to construct than any other platform.

Here's an example of what's achievable:

http://www.melbournecomputerclub.org/Image2.jpg

King Cugat
28th November 2007, 04:31 PM
The software is a database that Stix can confirm his theory over a period of time?
Stix however is the sole engineer of the particular system in question?

Looking for confirmation on the above to be 100% understanding this thread please.

thanks

Stix
28th November 2007, 04:34 PM
The software is a database that Stix can confirm his theory over a period of time?
Stix however is the sole engineer of the particular system in question?

Looking for confirmation on the above to be 100% understanding this thread please.

thanksI have entered certain system parameters (rules) and used the Database to confirm the outcome.

I've spot checked the results and very happy with the Database's confirmation of my rules

King Cugat
28th November 2007, 04:47 PM
Stix

Well done. Its every punters dream.
I have a system that has made long term profits for many years and has allowed me to walk away from work on a full time basis. Theres no better feeling to achieve the "unacheivable"

Well done.

A winning system is a winning system and is priceless. I wouldnt sell mine. I do have another one that i'm sure is a winner although no long term trial has been done which i post in the systems threads under Place System. In saying all that i would be interested if you ever went on the market with it if it was limited to number of buyers. You can never have too many printing machines!

Good Work
KC

King Cugat
28th November 2007, 04:53 PM
Stix.
Priceless & Wouldnt Sell= advice.

I tell people what i look for in the market but never then continue with on with how i then eliminate those ones through stats.

Again...Good Luck

lomaca
28th November 2007, 04:58 PM
Not sure.... haven't looked at it for a while. You'll have to ask the original system poster

According to my "sent Email" folder I sent the results of the query to you,
but never mind!
Good luck Lacks sincerity and hence disregarded
If I don't mean it, I don't say it, but again never mind!

Stix
28th November 2007, 05:05 PM
Stix

Well done. Its every punters dream.
I have a system that has made long term profits for many years and has allowed me to walk away from work on a full time basis. Theres no better feeling to achieve the "unacheivable"

Well done.

A winning system is a winning system and is priceless. I wouldnt sell mine. I do have another one that i'm sure is a winner although no long term trial has been done which i post in the systems threads under Place System. In saying all that i would be interested if you ever went on the market with it if it was limited to number of buyers. You can never have too many printing machines!

Good Work
KCThanks KC

I wouldn't sell the rules, not my scene.

I have a couple other systems and most only rely on 4-6 rules.

Nice work on the (non-)work front

Stix
28th November 2007, 05:09 PM
According to my "sent Email" folder I sent the results of the query to you,
but never mind!

If I don't mean it, I don't say it, but again never mind!Sorry Iomaca, but don't remember ever corresponding with you to to be honest, but I haven't been on this forum much for last 12-18 months.

Again sorry, I thought you were ribbing me. http://www.propun.com.au/racing_forums/images/smilies/redface.gif

Shoot me an email with Barrier 14 in the header and I'll email you back(if still on your Xmas Card list :o )

Stix
28th November 2007, 05:14 PM
Feel a bit like Obi-Wan Kanobi when in reference to R2-D2 looking for his master (Obi-Wan)... "Don't seem to remember ever owning a droid. Very interesting."