PDA

View Full Version : greyhound systems

angrymob
5th October 2002, 11:48 AM
does anyone know of any good greyhound software (australia there is plenty in usa) and how you download greyhound race cards into any systems like excel etc

darkydog2002
8th October 2002, 11:24 AM
i think malcolm knowles of inracing was doing something along these lines.

15th October 2002, 12:19 PM
You may be able to obtain greyhound software from PPM(equestrian publishing).I have most of there mags dating back to 1986 when they first kicked off.They used to have a guy called George"barker"Bellfield who did numerous informative articles on the pros and cons of punting your hard earned on the "dishlickers"!!!I recall an article where he showed you how to do your own ratings and frame your own prices.I'm not sure if it was ever turned to computer software programme,but I'm sure they would be able to help you out there.To me it's a brave man(or woman)that bets on greyhounds!!!!Sure I've heard all the pundits claim it is easier to win on them because of small fields,no jockey on their back,relevance of times,importance of box draw etc. etc.but I am sure that in the long term you will lose!!!Bookies set their markets to around 140% most times,and the TAB odds fluctuate beyond belief!!!! I recall backing a dog on TABQ(before it became UNITAB)that was still showing $7.80 win tote as they jumped.As I had $100 eachway,and it duly won,I expected a good collect.When the divvies where posted after the race,it paid $1.90 the win and $1.40 the place!!!I can only assume that the pampered pro punters who crunch all the overs had hit it!! I have never backed a panlicker since.