PDA

View Full Version : MARK READ

trench digger
10th October 2002, 10:53 AM
Can anyone advise me if i you use International All Sports Bookmaking service and my average win Div is $7 (win bet), 15% strike rate, is it best i take

Fixed odds

Beta Div

Top Bookmakers Fluctuation.

luckylouie
10th October 2002, 04:34 PM
Hi, I personally bet with another bookie but have checked out IAS and will probably be opening a second account with them just to take advantage of their Betadiv and Diviplus payouts on horses whose dividend can be expected to exceed $6-7. Looking at their payouts over the last few months it does appear that you get better odds taking one of these options over best fluctuation, but only for the horses that pay out big, examples being Bedouin in August who paid $6 on best fluctuation as opposed to $7.50 on diviplus and Pernod in September who paid $12 on best fluctuation as opposed to $17.39 on diviplus. The Ozeform website has archived details of payouts going back to February this year, so go to the website, check the figures for yourself and work out which is best for you. Hope this helps, good luck.

becareful
10th October 2002, 04:57 PM
Trench Digger,

As Luckylouie noted the tote/bookie price seems to be the same around the $7 mark (tote price). For horses below $7 on tote then Top Fluct or Fixed odds is a better bet, above $7 then tote (and therefore BetaDiv) is generally better. Of course there are exceptions in both cases but on average this seems to be the breakeven point. Of course you also have to look at which bet type is suitable for your betting style - BetaDiv is not available on the majority of weekday meetings so if you bet during the week this may not be an option. Also for TF betting you have to bet in advance so if you like to wait until close to the jump to make your final decision then that is not an option either.

Tony
22nd October 2002, 09:04 PM
Has anyone an accurate idea of what degree of overs, compared to one's home tab, is the long-term average on winners in the 2.00 - 4.00 range using Flexi-plus? From casual observation I thought maybe 0.20 but am probably overstating it at that? Even 0.10 would mean a heck of a difference to a high strike rate method. eg 35 winners /100 bets yielding a 5% pot would convert to a 8.5% pot or a 70% improvement in the bottom line. Suppose this is all old hat but I'm just catching on.

The Phoenix
22nd October 2002, 10:19 PM
I tend to play mainly (but not soley) with Mark Read. The overs on the two main dividends that I picked up on Saturday were $ 30.29 compared with a SP of 20/1 and $ 13.70 compared with SP= 7/1. The first one was a DIVIPLUS and the second on was a BETADIVI (Western Australia). On the other hand, I was screwed on Rubitano as top fluctuation was something like 7/1 whereas I only got $ 6.83.

Overall, over the past few years, I have found that Mark Read is quite good value. One way or another using fixed odds or Diviplus, I reakon that I have somewhere between 5 % and 15% average better odds overall than chosing one method or the other. One of the keys is being able to identify shorteners. There are often horses that IAS will lay at 9/4 that start at 7/4 and then on the longer ones, Diviplus is usually the go.

regards

The Phoenix

nevets
28th October 2002, 05:49 PM
hi there would someone be able to explain how div+ works i went to the site but it wasnt very descriptive ....thanks ..nevets

Neil
28th October 2002, 10:46 PM
Hello nevets, if you go to http://www.propun.com.au/promotions/read_intro.html you will see details for divi plus.
Basically it means you get a win dividend which beats the best tote win dividend from the NSW, SuperTab and UniTab totes.
There are also some bonuses available for people who sign up with IAS - details are available at http://www.propun.com.au/promotions/read_intro.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neil on 2002-10-28 22:46 ]</font>

nevets
29th October 2002, 09:40 AM
thanks neil ....got it...... nevets

becareful
3rd November 2002, 04:53 PM
I have been playing around with a system for backing longshots on Saturday Metro (Sydney/Melbourne only) racing (those of you who have read my past posts will know I generally concentrate on mid-week racing). As this would suit betting with DiviPlus I ran the results through for the three different Tabs and then simulated the DiviPlus payout. The profit for each TAB based on around 500 bets was:

NSW: $243.90
Unitab: $274.10
Supertab: $287.40
DiviPlus: $342.90!

Needless to say if I decide to bet with this system I will be definitely opening an account with Mark Reid and using the DiviPlus option.

Equine Investor
3rd November 2002, 07:03 PM
Great post becareful,

It is interesting the huge difference to annual profits that getting the best price can make to the end result!