PDA

View Full Version : Tully Thunder for 1000 Guineas

turfcutter
16th October 2001, 05:34 PM
There has been a lot of money for Tully Thunder in the thousand guineas tomorrow after its slashing 6th last start in the Edward Manifold behind Ugachaka.

It loves the cut out of the track and has D.Taggert on board who has a great record on longshots in group one's (remember seascay)

I took 40/1 when sportsbet opened on monday and it is in to 20/1 as we speak.

Mr. Logic
16th October 2001, 10:15 PM
Tully Thunder was very unlucky last start, ridden by J.Cassidy. Compared to Cassidy I see D.Taggart on the filly as a major negative. It disadvantages the filly by a number of kilos - such is the difference in their riding skills.
As most of these races are, it is a tough race and short odds about any filly is a poor bet.
Ugachaka must be a good chance. Ha Ha has been getting good barriers - has a shocker in 16 tomorrow. Hosannah has 6 and was only beaten a length by Ha Ha at their last meeting. Gauci for Quinn is also a plus. Enough to turn the tables?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Logic on 2001-10-16 22:16 ]</font>

INTERGAZE
17th October 2001, 09:03 AM
I'm not betting on this race, too many chances for my liking, if I was, I'd do this as atrifecta: 1st-field
2nd-Ugachaka
3rd-Ha Ha,Hosannah,Hot Beat

My bet of the day is in race 8, #2
NAUTILISM.Great chance at great odds!!

ahhhmike
17th October 2001, 12:01 PM
Tough race,with the focus on Ha Ha & Ugachaka don`t be suprised to see Moonflute fly home & knock them all off.

INTERGAZE
18th October 2001, 07:09 AM
Never trust a Freedman horse when it is/ is near favourite......