PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

Shaun
4th May 2008, 10:37 PM
I did post this to another thread but have not got a reply, i need the formula for laying two horses in the place market, now i know i can't make a profit if they are both placed but if one of them is placed i would like to return a set profit plus the liability lost on the other runner.

For example 2 runners priced @ $1.50 and $1.70

If the $1.50 horse runs a place the other horse will retun me say $10 plus the liability i had to pay out on the plaed horse.

Bhagwan
5th May 2008, 04:44 AM
Hi Shaun
One way to getting close to squeezing a profit would be to bet to price.

This is done by dividing the price into a set amount.
E.g. Set Amount $10
Horse A $1.50 divided into $10 = O/L 6.66 = Liability(payout) -3.34 if it places
Horse B $1.70 divided into $10 = O/L 5.88 = Liability(payout) -4.12 if it places

Total amt placed= $12.54 & potential profit if both fall over for us.

-$7.46 total liability (payout) if both get placed instead of falling over.
We keep the original $10.

We deduct the Liability from the profit.
If Horse A gets placed & horse B falls over= Liab 3.34 - 5.88 = +2.54 profit.
If Horse B gets placed & horse A falls over= Liab 4.12 - 6.66 = +2.54 profit.

If you use Bet Trader Pro the calculations can be done for you using their Dutching program for lay betting which calculates the bets as stated above.

They call it the Bookmaking facility.
Just enter $10 in the box at the top.

Cheers.

Shaun
5th May 2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks mate i should have just asked you first, knew you would know it.

If i needed a set return i can just adjust the set amount up until i reach the required amount, and i use fairbot they also have somthing similar i think.

Shaun
5th May 2008, 12:21 PM
I just had a look at fairbot they don't offer the lay option on the place in the dutch format, i guess i can do it manually

Bhagwan
7th May 2008, 06:18 AM
Hi Shaun,
Why dont you just download the free Bet Trader Pro
(Google) Racing Traders.com

The Fairbot program is different to Bet Trader Pro. & would not suit your application.

Cheers.

Bhagwan
7th May 2008, 06:26 AM
It is difficult to have it as a set return without outlaying massive amounts because you are using odds on prices.

It would be a lot wiser to have a set return amount as mentioned in the previouse post , this includes ones outlays . Rather than a set profit amount.

Do it manually as previously mentioned or use the free Bet Trader Pro to do it for you.

Cheers.

Shaun
7th May 2008, 10:39 AM
I stopped using bet trader because of the api calls, have they improved it so i won't be charged, and is there a feature on there to see how much i am using.

Bhagwan
8th May 2008, 01:52 AM
Shaun,
Slow down the represh speed down to say 600 mil cysles = .6 of a second.
Its the refresh speed that can chew up the juice.
Also the multiple widows that stay open & have to be continiously closed.

It does use a more juice than say Fairbot.

Cheers.

Shaun
8th May 2008, 10:52 AM
I downloaded the new version last night that addresses these issues, i notice you can do a lot more with betrader with all the tools they provide.

The one thing that i noticed is the clock it was way out, is there a way to correct this.

Bhagwan
8th May 2008, 01:22 PM
With the clock.
Make sure your PC has the correct time showing at the bottom RHS corner.
This affects the time left, shown on the BetTrader.
The correct time can be easily obtained from ones mobile phone.

Quit often Betfair cant be bothered adjusting any ammended start times , especially when it comes to races in the USA .
There is nothing one can do about that.

Cheers.