PDA

View Full Version : Help with trigger betting

Shaun
9th May 2008, 02:24 PM
Has anyone used an excel trigger program to automate their betting.

I download a trial program that can use excel to place back and lay bets but i don't understand the setup of the spreadsheet.

If i had a few examples of how to do it i am sure i could work it out for my own use.

Wunfluova
9th May 2008, 09:37 PM
Shaun, there are a number of programs that are capable of Excel betting - it would help if we know which program you are talking about and maybe some idea of what you are trying to do.

Shaun
9th May 2008, 09:45 PM
Betting Assistant, i have seen a couple of youtube vieos of how to use the trigger part but an example in excel would be good.

I am trying to lay horses in the place market and none of the programs i have found will dutch lay runners in the place market.

I plan on setting up an excel program to do this.

Wunfluova
9th May 2008, 10:15 PM
The reason they don't do dutch on place betting is because of the complexity of the maths involved - how could you possibly work out the staking to accomodate all possible scenarios?

Will need someone more mathematically gifted than myself to give you a leg up - or even to advise over which odds ranges it is even possible.

In the first instance I would spend some time searching the Gruss forum, there is a lot of information and code examples available.

I can't help you with the dutching bit but should be able to help with specific questions re basic use of the spreadsheet.

Shaun
10th May 2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the reply, i was looking at he spreadsheet a bit more and relised it is the same as my ratings sheets except the info is live, i just need to write up some if statements and fomulas to sort all the info out then link the answer to a triger, simple.

I can set this up on my server to run over night, pitty they don't have a test function it would be the best.

Bhagwan
10th May 2008, 08:54 AM
If one is thinking about Duching horses in place betting .
One has to try & go for prices that are $2.50+

To make the maths show a reasonable return.

Cheers.

Debug
10th May 2008, 06:58 PM
You don’t have to use a formula for dutching prices, particularly place prices. Use an algorithm.
For example, if you select 3 runners with the prices of $2.60, $2.70 and $10.90.
Step 1. Have your program loop around adding 1 unit to each runner ,keeping a count of the total units.
Step 2. At the end of each loop test the return from each runner to see how much profit it will return.
Step 3. Once each runner shows a profit which is greater than the actual total bet then cease the loop.

You can use this algorirthm for all types of betting scenarios – fixed betting amount, target or return amounts.
The above prices would work out as follows.
2.60 4 units $1.4 profit
2.70 4 units $1.8 profit
$10.90 1 unit $$1.9 profit
total bet $9.00

The bigger the place prices the better the return.

Once you have got this algorithm mastered it is not difficult to move onto sets of prices . eg calculating profits for sets of place prices such as 2 or 3 place getters. All same Any2 or Duet

You can also work it for lay prices, but I will leave that for you to work out.

Shaun. Can’t help you with your trigger problem. Not in Excel anyway.

Crackone
11th May 2008, 08:46 PM
Found a spreadsheet that dutchs two horses.