PDA

View Full Version : Calling Chrome and other wise sages

Jack
2nd June 2008, 08:34 PM
I understand that backing early 3 year olds is unwise.
So when are 3 year olds eligible for consideration ?
Is it the beginning of February ? March ? or even January ?

Regards

Chrome Prince
3rd June 2008, 03:29 AM
Hi Jack,

I only use sage to get rid of the demons ;)

3yo favourites - 32.57% S/R 12.25% loss

January 36.22% S/R
February 34.40% S/R
March 32.97% S/R
April 32.73% S/R
May 32.87% S/R
June 29.82% S/R
July 28.70% S/R
August 31.89% S/R
September 32.30% S/R
October 30.07% S/R
November 35.96% S/R
December 34.41% S/R

Just stay away from winter 3yo's ;)

OR...

It's worse to be nearly four than it is to just turn three :D

Jack
3rd June 2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Chrome,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Always have respected your wisdom on this forum. Very interesting results over 12 months. How many events are the stats based upon ? Were they taken from all track conditions ? and are they a combimation of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne events or taken from one city only?

Regards

crash
3rd June 2008, 02:25 PM
November has always been the month to include 3yr olds. as they [obviously] have a bit of form about them by then. Still, they have been a fairly poor crop for the last couple of years except for a small few exceptions. Personally and I think any stats will show so, 4 and 5yr. olds are the best horses to bet and also have the best SR. Best average price: $5.50 SP or less.

Wise Sages? Bookies I reckon:-)

Stix
3rd June 2008, 04:45 PM
November has always been the month to include 3yr olds. as they [obviously] have a bit of form about them by then. Still, they have been a fairly poor crop for the last couple of years except for a small few exceptions. Personally and I think any stats will show so, 4 and 5yr. olds are the best horses to bet and also have the best SR. Best average price: $5.50 SP or less.

Wise Sages? Bookies I reckon:-)Not so sure with 5 yo's Crash, but I do agree with 4yo's...... Quality 5 yo, yes, but a a general rule I don't bet on 5yo or older or 2yo's

I like betting on the 3 & 4yo's..... that have reasonable form.... but hey what ever works, I say!

Chrome Prince
3rd June 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi Chrome,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Always have respected your wisdom on this forum. Very interesting results over 12 months. How many events are the stats based upon ? Were they taken from all track conditions ? and are they a combimation of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne events or taken from one city only?

Regards

Jack, all track conditions, Metro races all States, 7.5 years data.

Bhagwan
3rd June 2008, 07:01 PM
Did you hear the one about the Sage that refused to pay his Exorcist?

He ended up being repossessed...

Bom Bom.

JoeF
4th June 2008, 07:41 PM
Very good Baggy.