PDA

View Full Version : Throw the Ratings away Boys.

darkydog2002
8th August 2008, 12:44 PM
Bank $200 Betting 2.5 % Profit 1.7 Million.

Price only $250

"Let me at em" Ho ho.

darky.

Please note this post has been edited (amended.)
We do not want to publish clear identifying details in public and then in public attack the clearly identified betting system.
Moderator.

partypooper
8th August 2008, 03:36 PM
Deleted.
This could easily lead to potentially defamatory posts if others reply.
Moderator.

partypooper
8th August 2008, 11:02 PM
See previous post.
Sorry, but we are not hosting a public discussion on that issue.
If people have issues with any advertising in racing publications then the correct course of action is to lodge a complaint with the racing publication/the appropriate government authorities like consumer affairs etc.
Moderator.

partypooper
9th August 2008, 12:03 AM
Point taken Moderator, though I wasn't really complaining about anything?? I thought it might be enlightening for you to hear that when I did complain to the relevant publications about such sham advertising, they actually replied to me most courtiously and explained that although they accepted advertising from ANYBODY they did not endorse any claims of success. This appears to get them off the hook so to speak, so it makes me wonder why you cannot merely print a similar disclaimer about the content of your forum??? This is questioned in the best possible taste? as an avid forum member?

reaper1313
9th August 2008, 11:35 AM
G'day Darky. very keen!!! your insights are always very well received :) any way of learning more without breaking the rules of the forum?

darkydog2002
9th August 2008, 11:46 AM
Not on this forum Reaper.Sorry.

Cheers.
darky.

reaper1313
9th August 2008, 11:55 AM
any other suggestions, if cant be done on this forum Darky? while i'm here, just wanna thank you for wiz punt! for posting the criteria, as well as explaining the bits i didn't understand :) so much appreciated

Management
9th August 2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your comments Partypooper.

Rest assured, if the advice we received permitted it, we would allow all the alleged racing rorts, betting system rorts and software rorts to be clearly identified, named and discussed in this forum.

However, the advice we received indicated that we are not permitted to do that.

Management.

reaper1313
10th August 2008, 09:13 AM
Post deleted. We have not requested your "legal advice" about what constitutes defamation.

Moderator.

reaper1313
10th August 2008, 09:34 AM
Post deleted. You can't be serious, expecting Management to publicly discuss where they get their advice from. You are running a very fine line. Last warning.

I suggest you note the Forum Terms of Use which you agreed to before registering for the forum. If Management don't want posters clearly naming and identifying alleged racing rip offs, rorts etc. by businesses that is Management's right.

Note from the Forum Terms of Use "that use of the Forums is a courtesy extended by a commercial entity and that they are not public property. The Forum Terms of Use take precedence over freedom of expression, in the interests of maintaining this service."

I strongly suggest it is time to move on from this issue, everyone, and post on something different.

Moderator 3.

darkydog2002
11th August 2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks Reaper.
Its a good one isn,t it?

I am curerently working on one that concentrates on horses dropping in class but not up in weight by too much ( taken from the "limit" weight last start to the weight this start and including apprentices allowances as per Sportsman.)
Needs to be future monitored for awhile yet before I Put it on the forum.

Cheers.
darky

crash
11th August 2008, 04:11 PM
Post deleted. You can't be serious, expecting Management to publicly discuss where they get their advice from. You are running a very fine line. Last warning.

I suggest you note the Forum Terms of Use which you agreed to before registering for the forum. If Management don't want posters clearly naming and identifying alleged racing rip offs, rorts etc. by businesses that is Management's right.

Note from the Forum Terms of Use "that use of the Forums is a courtesy extended by a commercial entity and that they are not public property. The Forum Terms of Use take precedence over freedom of expression, in the interests of maintaining this service."

I strongly suggest it is time to move on from this issue, everyone, and post on something different.

Moderator 3.

Quite simply, don't argue with management as it's a loss, loss situation. They decide the forum rules because they own it, not the members.

Generally, as far as advertised get rich schemes go from whatever source, most of us here should know the maxim, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". Naming and shaming is unnecessary.

darkydog2002
12th August 2008, 12:18 PM
Good for a giggle if nothing else eh Crash.

darky.

reaper1313
14th August 2008, 10:30 AM
thanks crash. got that impression from them. sounds like you may be talking from experience there http://www.propun.com.au/racing_forums/images/smilies/smile.gif will bite my tongue in future, i do get carried away at times.
darky, look forward to any new ideas you put up with alot of interest!! lovin your work so far http://www.propun.com.au/racing_forums/images/smilies/smile.gif you obviously research thoroughly 1st!

darkydog2002
14th August 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Reaper.

I like to base my methods around sound ,sensible, basic handicapping procedures.

Official race club handicappers weights ( the basis of racing.)

Weight stats.

In form horses. ( includes beaten lengths )

On pace runners.

Racing in correct class.

Senior riders or good apprentices .

Recent "good " races.

etc etc.

Cheers.
darky