PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet help

thorns
9th October 2008, 02:14 PM
I am currently creating a excel database of all the races I have ratings for.
I have entire fields of each race, and am just writing in the win and place divis is columns across from the appropriate horse (top 3 only). What I want is to be able to tally up the number of winners in each column to get my strike rate. Having around 1000 races at this stage, it is to much effort to count through how many times they won. Hope I have explained enough, if not will try and post a example if none of this mean anything to anyone.

thorns
9th October 2008, 02:24 PM
Heres an example. The winner has come from the top 3 in all races. How can I tally up how many time there is a entry in column G. If I lost a race, column G is blank.

Shaun
9th October 2008, 03:21 PM
If you change the word "won" to say 1 you could just use at the bottom =count(g1:g1000) this will add up the total.

Crackone
9th October 2008, 03:56 PM
=COUNTIF(G:G,"won")

thorns
9th October 2008, 04:08 PM
=COUNTIF(G:G,"won")Gave that a try, but it didnt like it. I am using Open Office, so perhaps that could be why?

thorns
9th October 2008, 04:14 PM
Ahh got it,

=countif(g1:gxxx;"won")

Cheers crackone

Crackone
9th October 2008, 04:14 PM
Gave that a try, but it didnt like it. I am using Open Office, so perhaps that could be why?Could be ???? don't now open office but thought you could use the formulas