PDA

View Full Version : Backfitting the "Rebel"

partypooper
3rd November 2008, 01:35 PM
My contention is that all winners can be backfitted into some system or other, but I was struggling with the Derby winner then eureka!

Take any horse that has finished twice in a row, and back it for its next 3 runs............... there you go!

Stix
3rd November 2008, 03:58 PM
My contention is that all winners can be backfitted into some system or other, but I was struggling with the Derby winner then eureka!

Take any horse that has finished twice in a row, and back it for its next 3 runs............... there you go!.......huh?

partypooper
3rd November 2008, 06:07 PM
Sorry meant finished second (2nd) twice in a row, ok slowly now............. an old system that goes like this: watch for any horse that finishes 2nd twice in a row (i.e 22), then back it one unit to win next run, one unit next run, and one unit next run, so total investment = 3 units.

This system snagged Rebel Raider @ 100-1,

Bhagwan
4th November 2008, 12:51 AM
I have noticed some excellent winners can be had out of the top 4 in the market, backing all that ran a a 2nd in any of its last 3 starts.

Cheers.

partypooper
4th November 2008, 02:00 PM
Hey! it nabbed the 20-1 shot in the 2nd at Flemington, shucks!

Shaun
4th November 2008, 04:13 PM
If you were follow the longshots thread (i gave up on it as it was killing me) you would have had these horses for the cup, 2 overseas one didn't have finishing margins so i just added them.

10 VIEWED
13 BOUNDLESS
19 RED LORD
20 VAREVEES
21 PRIZE LADY
22 ALESSANDRO VOLTA

crash
4th November 2008, 05:29 PM
Nicely done Shaun!

Mr Quaddie
6th November 2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry meant finished second (2nd) twice in a row, ok slowly now............. an old system that goes like this: watch for any horse that finishes 2nd twice in a row (i.e 22), then back it one unit to win next run, one unit next run, and one unit next run, so total investment = 3 units.

This system snagged Rebel Raider @ 100-1,Back next 3 times until it wins? so if it wins next start stop backing it?

partypooper
6th November 2008, 11:23 PM
MR Quaddie, dunno really guess you could do stop at a winner, but personally I prefer back it for 3 runs regardless. By the way this one also scored with Rocha last Saturday.

partypooper
8th November 2008, 11:58 AM
a nice start for the 2 little ducks system, MR-1 -3 King Hoaks $31 10c

partypooper
8th November 2008, 09:22 PM
a few smaller priced winners then finished the day with SENTENZA at Perth 20-1 or so...... not too bad at all.