PDA

View Full Version : On Pace runners

Jimmy
6th March 2009, 11:53 AM
Cudos to chrome and the racecensus software, it saves some potential heartache, thanks heaps, hence donation to forum

Target on pace runners,

Last start, were 1st to 4th in the run, both at the 800m and 400m
Need suitable barrier to aid on pace run this start.....barriers 1 to 3
Fit horses.... 7 days or less since last start
Runners supported in the market....price less than $10

Selections...763
Winners...213
Places...434
% win...27.9%
% place...56.8%
Return win...$942.90
Return place...$781.80
POT win...23.6%
POT place...2.46%

A few more filters reduce bets and increase POT but can't give everything away

Stix
6th March 2009, 12:22 PM
Has fallen away since 1/1/07 though..... I tend to ensure they are profitable for each year, then if you have a track record over 8 years.... you can be pretty confident ;)

Although your other filters may have addressed this.

Stix
6th March 2009, 01:56 PM
A few more filters reduce bets and increase POT but can't give everything awayAdd two filters - one prize money, the other form

Selections...446
Winners...147
Places...278
% win...33.0%
% place...62.3%
Return win...$639.1
Return place...$490.9
POT win...43.3%
POT place...10.07%
Av Div win....$4.35
Av Div plc...$1.77

20 winners @ max price of 9.9 would make up the profit....not too bad at all !!

also profitable last two years

Jimmy
6th March 2009, 02:45 PM
Stix also look at raw rules and then either

restrict to 2400m or less

and/or for a bit of value eliminate top API

Jimmy
7th March 2009, 11:36 PM
Stix

Finding it difficult to match your outcome with the filters you have suggested

Can you give a quiet hint ???

Stix
8th March 2009, 05:10 PM
Stix

Finding it difficult to match your outcome with the filters you have suggested

Can you give a quiet hint ???Prize money = similar class
Form = reasonable couple of runs before this start

:cool:

Pauls123
19th March 2009, 10:06 PM
Hi there Stix and Jimmy.

This is my passion, backing on pace runners, but only in melbourne and sydney and mainly only saturdays. I was having a good success with it, although the last two saturdays have been very frustrating, with numerous seconds, some at good odds also, oh well. I dont actually use a mechanical type system like the ones your talking about here, I obtain all my bets from sectional times and follow the horses I like into their next run.

With a couple of small filters then tossed in, must have raced within 21 days and not going up 3kgs or more in weight.

Paul

Stix
21st March 2009, 11:48 AM
Hi there Stix and Jimmy.

This is my passion, backing on pace runners, but only in melbourne and sydney and mainly only saturdays. I was having a good success with it, although the last two saturdays have been very frustrating, with numerous seconds, some at good odds also, oh well. I dont actually use a mechanical type system like the ones your talking about here, I obtain all my bets from sectional times and follow the horses I like into their next run.

With a couple of small filters then tossed in, must have raced within 21 days and not going up 3kgs or more in weight.

PaulFor me it's half your weight criteria....

Pauls123
21st March 2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Stix, any particular reason you cut off the weight increase at 1.5kgs. I checked all of my records after my initial couple of months of bets, but not having access to a database like yours, and I come up with 3kgs as a good cut off point (3kgs and over).

I didnt have a bad day today, 12 bets in 10 races for 5 winners for a return of $21 based on a $1 of course.

Paul