PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky horses

xanadu
27th May 2009, 02:50 PM
There was a horse in SR4 which was very unlucky.

Cheers.

++++++++++++++++++++

If you want to post about an unlucky horse please mention the horse's name and say why it was unlucky, so it is informative to other readers.

For example :
In SR4 Unlucky Lou was held up on the rails. When clear at the 100 it flew to just miss in a photo. It was a certainty beaten.

As you can see this would alert readers to an unlucky horse and also importantly not make any potentially derogatory comments about the jockey etc.

Please follow these guidelines in future.

Thank you.

Moderator 3.

Stix
27th May 2009, 06:34 PM
...on the other hand, Zuytdrop's run was phenomenal, which proves if the horse is good enough it'll get out of ANY position the Jockey has manageed to put it in!

Whoo-hoo, I was going to celebrate - even on a school nite - but my heart has just told me to take it easy !! :D

xanadu
27th May 2009, 06:40 PM
Been to ur "prom night" yet?
This movie was screened on Fox Classics last Friday night.

Cheers.

Stix
27th May 2009, 07:52 PM
Been to ur "prom night" yet?
This movie was screened on Fox Classics last Friday night.

Cheers."Prom Night".....hmmm...... There are a few "Yanks" here....but I aint one mate :cool:

Percentum
28th May 2009, 02:10 PM
I think he means Pom Night which is a celebration set aside for people of British heritage.

xanadu
28th May 2009, 02:38 PM
Post1,
Thank you moderator3 and I will heed your advice into the "furture"(sic).
Cheers.

xanadu
28th May 2009, 03:27 PM
SR6,
No.8 was very unlucky as it trailed out last and never showed any inclination of being in the finish.

Cheers.

xanadu
28th May 2009, 03:29 PM
Post5,
Duuh...!
Very:
Definitely
Ridiculous
Oratory
Lacking
Leverage

Cheers.

darkydog2002
29th May 2009, 10:26 AM
SR6 = Donkey to my withered tired old brain.
Cheers.
darky.

pharfromoz
29th May 2009, 05:33 PM
ACADEMIC LAD

next out

xanadu
3rd June 2009, 03:23 PM
SR5,
I thought No.6 was unlucky in a tight finish. Fairly tough run and just didn't seem to handle the track in the closing stages.

Cheers.

xanadu
3rd June 2009, 03:59 PM
SR6,
No.3 was "very unlucky" in this race finishing a distant last even though it has heavy track form(1 strt.1win)...you work it out....!!!

Cheers.

xanadu
9th June 2009, 04:38 PM
SR8,
The jaded punter need look no further than this race to see how "unlucky" the favourite was.

Cheers.

lomaca
9th June 2009, 07:25 PM
SR8,
The jaded punter need look no further than this race to see how "unlucky" the favourite was.
Cheers.Hi X!
When did you start this "unlucky" horses thread?
Even I, who penalise the potential fav. had this horse on top, there was nothing "unlucky" about its run.
I have no gripe, I ignore a race where the fav. is so short but what's this nonsense about "unlucky".
Or has there been a directive from above?

Good luck

xanadu
9th June 2009, 08:02 PM
Iomaca,
Yes, I have "toned down" my comments and perceptions after a gentlemans' discussion with management.
I could see things from their perspective and I have decided to abide by this pact.
Why concentrate on the negative...life is all about accentuating the positive and this is a philosophy which I agree with.
In the meantime I will still be spending innumerable hours studying form and seeking out the next big payday.

Cheers.

lomaca
9th June 2009, 08:14 PM
Iomaca,
Yes, I have "toned down" my comments and perceptions after a gentlemans' discussion with management.
I could see things from their perspective and I have decided to abide by this pact.
Why concentrate on the negative...life is all about accentuating the positive and this is a philosophy which I agree with.

Cheers.Not a problem mate, I was just wondering, I like calling a spade a spade, but I see your, and management's point as well.

I can't see any potential harm in pointing out a bad ride as long as one doesn't accuse anyone of deliberate actions, but then again I' not running this forum.

In the meantime I will still be spending innumerable hours studying form and seeking out the next big payday. We will prevail make no mistake X!!

Good luck

xanadu
30th June 2009, 06:20 PM
Goodonya!
As in some cases, things haven't improved.

Cheers.

crash
30th June 2009, 06:46 PM
Horses and their riders can get into all sorts of trouble in a race. That's a given in racing. Reversal or weak form from formline is also another given.