PDA

View Full Version : The Sportsman - and Zip Form

Pauls123
7th June 2009, 02:27 PM
Hi all. Yesterday I bought my first Sportsman in many years, just for a read. During the afternoon I jotted down a few points and a couple of very simple stats jumped out at me.

How many others read the Sportsman and those Zip Form ratings in them. They put an * next to their top rated runner/s in each race. Of the 40 races that they covered yesterday, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth of course, if you were to:

Only take the top rated * horse if it was either the Top Ranked Place S/R horse and/or the Top Ranked APM horse, this is how you would have fared:

17 Bets for 9 winners and a return of $32.00 on the nswtab. Had you gone one step further and eliminated them if they were to go up in weight more than 2kgs, you would have then had 14 Bets for 8 Winners, for a return of $29.00.

You do the maths on POT, and S/R, very nice.....! How long has this been going on, just a one off day,..? Anyone have any similar stats to these,

Paul

crash
7th June 2009, 04:45 PM
I used to buy the Sportsman for many years and long term, Zip form is no better that what tipsters come up with in the newspapers. Backfitting Zip form result for 1 good Sat. and working out what they produced best with this or that rule, doesn't really tell you anything. It's been backfitted to results. The same thing could be done for any number of results for various Saturdays from any number of sources [including newspaper tipsters].

darkydog2002
11th June 2009, 03:29 PM
Pauls 123
I use the Sportsman every Saturday with good results due to a couple of handicapping refinements I add such as weight etc.
A friend of mine in Townsville puts X amount of money in the bookies account each week (IASbet ) and when 1 comes up fitting his requirements has a major plunge ( probably 4 times a year) and I can tell uou he,s rolling in the money.Very disciplined though.

Cheers.
darky.

Here,s a hint .He only bets the horse in question if Warren Block has a minus figure in the FIELD STRNGTH ratings for it.Warren owns the OTHER great set of online ratings.

Pauls123
11th June 2009, 04:45 PM
Doesnt Warren Block supply the ratings for the nswtab site...?. And this is of course where your field strength of minus comes in. Which other ratings are you talking about,

Paul

Top Rank
12th June 2009, 07:29 PM
I would disagree strongly that Zipform is only as good as tipsters in newspaper.
I would say they are as good as any ratings service going around for the price of them - $5.50 for all the metro meetings.
If you use them as base ratings and form prices they work very well.

darkydog2002
13th June 2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Ya Pauls123
Try Wizard online.
Not sure who does the ratings for the NSW TAB I,d hazard a guess its Warrens organization or supplied by them to another organization.
Warren has always been leap years ahead in new information .
Cheers.
darky