PDA

View Full Version : Systems and multiple bets

thorns
17th August 2009, 08:04 AM
Question for the system bettors here.
Say for a example you are running multiple systems. For one race on the days card your systems throw up 3 selections for that particular race. Looking at the odds on offer, one is odds on and the others are in the $4-$5 price range. Do you back all 3 as the systems are all independant of each other. Or do you back only the longer two, reason being if you back the odds on runner as well, even if it wins, you will have lost on the race itself.

Also, lets say all three of these systems have a Sr of 25%, to calculate your odds of winning on that race regardless of price, is it simply adding the percentages together? So in theory there is a 75% of one of the selections winning?

Try Try Again
17th August 2009, 10:29 AM
Hi Thorns,

For what it is worth I treat them as independent selections and back all three. Similarly if one horse is picked by 2 systems I would bet the horse twice. I know this will go against many of our formites but this is how I approach it - good or bad.

Stix
17th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Thorns,

For what it is worth I treat them as independent selections and back all three. Similarly if one horse is picked by 2 systems I would bet the horse twice. I know this will go against many of our formites but this is how I approach it - good or bad.Different methods have different banks, so all get bet......

Bhagwan
18th August 2009, 01:26 AM
I would bet all 3.

If a selection is picked by multiple systems, I would only bet it once .

We don't wish to be in a betting position that suggests that just because a horse is selected 3 times , that it has 3 times the chance of winning.

I have found in the past, running a number of systems all at once , that the profit on turn over, actually increases if one does it this way.