PDA

View Full Version : Comments on "Eclipse" betting software?

Troppo Dave
21st October 2001, 12:21 PM
I'm interested in hearing comments from anyone with experience or views on "Eclipse" betting software from National Software Australia Corporation.

Cheers.

mac
22nd October 2001, 08:31 PM
Hi Dave,

I've had a couple of brochures and phone calls from them, don't know how they got my name. The software was $6,000 up front with no ongoing fees. When I told them I wasn't going to fork out that amount of money they were more flexible on price (pay over a number of months).

Anyway, this happened a couple of months ago and I decided to develop my own system based on a couple of books and have been trialing it over the past 4 weeks(in fact, before this I only ever placed a bet on Cup Day, but getting these brochures prompted me to try myself!). So far I'm up to $170 dollars from my initial pool of $100 betting around 25% each Saturday around 3 races. It takes me about 90 minutes to work out 1 race.

EVERYTHING I've read discredits systems, but then how does mine seem to work? Well mine is formed based and includes a LOT of a historical data hence the time. Most systems don't seem to have the punter put in any hard work - If it was easy everybody would do it!

I know I've only run my system for a month and it could still be a slow death spiral, but I'm having fun :smile:

If you hear anything further on Eclipse let me know - the figures they sent look very good, actually too good. Also check out the consumer affairs web sites - Queensland is the home of scam racing systems, BUT Eclipse, the company and the directors don't appear on ANY scam list, I checked...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mac on 2001-10-22 20:34 ]</font>

Mr. Logic
22nd October 2001, 09:41 PM
Hi Mac,
If your system is form based maybe it is not so much of a system and more a method of using solid racing form to make selections.

From a statistical point of view you will probably need hundreds of results to make a valid judgement.

Anyway, as long as you're enjoying yourself. That's the main thing.

Mr.Logic

Sportman
23rd October 2001, 02:06 AM
Hi Troppo Dave

Do you happen to know the email address or web address for the Eclipse software.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sportman

Troppo Dave
23rd October 2001, 09:49 AM
Most of the info is sent by mail but there is a wbsite with the same guff at ;
http://www.nsac.com.au When you get there limited membership access can be had by using "nsac" as the username and "eclipse" as the password.
Cost is $5,500 with guarantees on just about everything , except it being successful in the future. No ongoing costs and from what I can figure , all rely soley on the program ,ie, no punter input.

Cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Troppo Dave on 2001-10-23 09:55 ]</font>

mac
23rd October 2001, 02:07 PM
Howdy Mr. Logic,

I stand corrected. You are right it's a method that I have thrown together into about 10 linked Excel spreadsheets. If it works over the spring/summer I might 'upgrade' it to access over the winter.

mac
23rd October 2001, 02:10 PM
Hi Dave,

In talking to them I was under the impression that you had to inout data from the Sportsman in advance - about 15 minutes it takes they say. And you are right about the $5,500 - I was including the 500 they recommend as your initial betting pool

matt
23rd October 2001, 02:14 PM
I've received brochures from quite a few companies offering the same kind of product.
They are all scams. C'mon, turn $500 into $70,000 in one year? Pull the other one.

Here's how ALL of these things work.
1. Take a whole lot of horses that have won at good odds in the last, say 5 years.
2. Throw in the odd loser for credibility.
3. Draw up a table of things those horses have in common. Pick half a dozen plausible sounding things from that table.
4. Call that a 'system'.
5. Concoct some staking plan that allows you, using the past results, to build the so called 'bank' up to some rediculous level. Of course, using such an aggressive staking plan in real life would wipe you out 19 times out of 20, but since they are using past results, they can rig the timing of the stake increases to suit them!

It's called retrofitting and it's BOLLOCKS.

Notice the words 'SIMULATED RESULTS' and 'SIMULATED PROFITS' plastered all over their brochure? That's right, they've never actually USED it.

Be very suspicious of any claim that you can somehow rake in money without having to do any work. You CAN make money on the punt, but you have to invest time and brain cells. As a rule, you just don't get something for nothing.

Don't go near it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matt on 2001-10-23 14:44 ]</font>

Troppo Dave
23rd October 2001, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback. When I said it didn't involve any user input , I meant punting skills. The program does involve inputing data either from the Sportsman or alternatively by downloading directly into the program using the Form Analyser v3.0 software from the AAP site. This is another $200 plus $6.60 fee per meet.

jackwin
24th October 2001, 04:49 PM
I agree with Matt. These systems are money makers for only the people that sell them.
It takes hard work, experience and brains to win with any form of punting.
I am devising a trifecta system that uses historical data as a basis - in the same way that these $20000 systems do - it takes some time to work out bets and you have to place your bets manually - but there is no initial outlay of big $ - I'll share it with anyone interested.

mickre
27th October 2001, 08:25 AM
In reply to Matt. I currently work for one
of these so called scams. I don't know what industry you are in, but there are bad apples
in any industry. I have been to interviews
to a few of these that advertise, but after
seeing what they do, declined the offers. So
called inside info (yeah!),and limited
full memberships (sure).
The people I work for are genuine, the figures are genuine. I don't think this is
the appropiate forum to mention company names
but I will respond to any doubting thomases.

CharlieZ
31st October 2001, 10:04 PM
On 2001-10-22 20:31, mac wrote:
Hi Dave,

I've had a couple of brochures and phone calls from them, don't know how they got my name. The software was $6,000 up front with no ongoing fees. When I told them I wasn't going to fork out that amount of money they were more flexible on price (pay over a number of months).

Anyway, this happened a couple of months ago and I decided to develop my own system based on a couple of books and have been trialing it over the past 4 weeks(in fact, before this I only ever placed a bet on Cup Day, but getting these brochures prompted me to try myself!). So far I'm up to $170 dollars from my initial pool of $100 betting around 25% each Saturday around 3 races. It takes me about 90 minutes to work out 1 race.

EVERYTHING I've read discredits systems, but then how does mine seem to work? Well mine is formed based and includes a LOT of a historical data hence the time. Most systems don't seem to have the punter put in any hard work - If it was easy everybody would do it!

I know I've only run my system for a month and it could still be a slow death spiral, but I'm having fun :)

If you hear anything further on Eclipse let me know - the figures they sent look very good, actually too good. Also check out the consumer affairs web sites - Queensland is the home of scam racing systems, BUT Eclipse, the company and the directors don't appear on ANY scam list, I checked...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mac on 2001-10-22 20:34 ]</font>

hi there what are the books you read i use a program to bulid systems it might be handy for me to get them
chees charliez

kaz
28th November 2001, 09:32 AM
hi dave... hard work on here when you talk "systems" ... I too have have been contacted by NSA over their eclipse program and have looked in vain for some mention of them on any of the scam lists- not a one, and for a business that has been trading under the same name ( and yes I checked that too)for the past 7 years you would think that there might be a complaint or 2, but in all my phone calls to Qld, NSW and SA I havent found one. They do guarantee that the program that you buy from them at $5500 will generate the same results on past race data as theirs did, same winners and same loosers, you just have to access old sportsman newspapers and key in the data for races that they bet on to see if the out come matches... if it doesnt you get your $5500 back. Anyway it has been a month since your first post... did you invest in a program? How is it preforming ??

happy betting my friends...

Mr. Logic
28th November 2001, 12:34 PM
On 2001-11-28 09:32, kaz wrote:
"They do guarantee that the program that you buy from them at $5500 will generate the same results on past race data as theirs did, same winners and same loosers, you just have to access old sportsman newspapers and key in the data for races that they bet on to see if the out come matches... if it doesnt you get your $5500 back."

That is called retro fitting. Anyone can put past results into a programme. It proves absolutely nothing.

Alas poor Yorick....

kaz
28th November 2001, 04:40 PM
mmmmmm....
thankyou puntz and Mr Logic.....
this is hard... I want to make llllooooots of money! but...I am not silly either! I have thought about this retro thing but this program does not stock pile "horses/ placings etc... it picks out using probability of the win... just statistic crunching. so how do they retro fit into 1 meg of ram if all you are doing is feeding it the information for a particular race (any saturday sydney/melbourne race over the past 7 years) and it selects the same picks as it did then ?

Bhagwan
12th December 2001, 11:14 AM
There is a site which is a must to get feedback from actual users of computer racing software such as the ones mentioned here visit http://www.zip.com.au/~keeva/grq/forum/

Bhagwan
15th December 2001, 12:34 PM
VISIT-www.zip.com.au/~keeva/grq/forum/ This has plenty of current users & non are happy.

Bhagwan
15th December 2001, 12:36 PM
VISIT-www.zip.com.au/~keeva/grq/forum/ This has plenty of current users & non are happy.

burnt_burning
21st February 2002, 09:02 PM
I have wasted my hard earned on this piece of ****! Anyone else who has done so, or knows anything about NSA get back to me. I'm diggin' the dirt to bury these *****.

Cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: quapi on 2002-02-22 12:09 ]</font>

burnt_burning
8th March 2002, 09:29 PM
I got my money back!! The old sayings &quot;know your enemy&quot; and &quot;knowledge is power&quot; certainly are very accurate. They know they haven't a leg to stand after the court verdicts from last year.

Still &quot;burning&quot; though and I'm keen to move onto other scammers now, might be a bit of a hobby from now on.....

Tigh
1st May 2002, 11:51 AM
Hi. I purchased the Eclipse software about 4 months ago. Since then I have gone downhill.
How did you get your money back ? I would love to be able to do that. I try to contact their support line but there is a telstra voice recording saying " The line is unavailable" I wish I could get my money back !!