PDA

View Full Version : Software

Gnarkley
8th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Hello punters. I'm wondering what are the best software programs you can get?
I'm particularly interested in looking for longshots.
Any suggestions?

Gnarkley

Stix
8th January 2010, 06:39 PM
Hello punters. I'm wondering what are the best software programs you can get?
I'm particularly interested in looking for longshots.
Any suggestions?

GnarkleyDon't spend a cent............. http://www.propun.com.au/racing_forums/showthread.php?t=19628

Gnarkley
8th January 2010, 07:43 PM
Don't spend a cent............. http://www.propun.com.au/racing_forums/showthread.php?t=19628
Thanks Stix but i'm not sure I get the point.
Are you saying that PPM is the way to go?
If so, how do I get access?
If not, what?

Gnarkley

partypooper
8th January 2010, 08:35 PM
Gnarkley, there may be a bit of tongue in cheek stuff around. But bear in mind that PPM is "Partypoopers Plum Movers" not to be confused with another outfit with the same initials.

For what it's worth take 5 states Sat only (+ carnivals)

Working up from bottomweight, take the first horse that is a DISTANCE winner,i.e. with d or c next to it's name........ Thats it! for recreational use only! (long time between drinks)

Gnarkley
8th January 2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Pp,
I have seen it mentioned here before and have looked at it.
As you say, a long time between drinks.
I was hoping someone might have had some success with a program of some sort.

Gnarkley

lomaca
9th January 2010, 10:12 PM
Gnarkley, there may be a bit of tongue in cheek stuff around. But bear in mind that PPM is "Partypoopers Plum Movers" not to be confused with another outfit with the same initials.

For what it's worth take 5 states Sat only (+ carnivals)

Working up from bottomweight, take the first horse that is a DISTANCE winner,i.e. with d or c next to it's name........ Thats it! for recreational use only! (long time between drinks)Well PP, even without my suggested improvements, betting on all, today produced a tidy $43 for the win and $3.5 for the place.

Just saying.

Good luck

Bhagwan
18th January 2010, 05:05 AM
Here's a system that producers many long shots.
Along with some medium payers.

Try not to pay big money for any system.
Especially those costing $1500+ ,most are trying to trick people out of their money.
If you wish to find out about a system , Google its name , then add "reviews" after it . This will pull up a number of sites where it has been tested by other people.

Outsider Plan.
RULES
.Dist 1350-1450

.Selections are the 2 horses in the race with the 2 widest barriers after scratchings are known.

.We are betting 2 horses in the same race at level stakes.

.Bet .5% of bank on each Horse.
Good for 100 outs.

SR is approx 20%
Longest theoretical run of outs is approx 31 races in a row.

I find it best to note the races the day before, that way we don't miss any .
The one we miss, seems to be the ones that get up at huge odds.

I have seen winners as high as $75.00 with this plan.

All bets can be placed at the beginning of the day.

Try not to miss any races on the day & you will if one does not write them down from say UniTAB Summary sheet before 8.30am. or day before.
They have everything neatly layed out so as the dist is easy to spot.

Cheers.

beton
18th January 2010, 06:10 PM
Hi All
The question must be asked although the system is a KISS system and obviously a manual system. Can this be programmed into Bet Selector? and how? This then allows backtesting and tuning if required. No offence Partypooper I believe it pays and well, otherwise i would not have asked the above question.
Regards Beton

lomaca
18th January 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi All
The question must be asked although the system is a KISS system and obviously a manual system. Can this be programmed into Bet Selector? and how? This then allows backtesting and tuning if required. No offence Partypooper I believe it pays and well, otherwise i would not have asked the above question.
Regards BetonThat shouldn't be a problem at all. If you look in a "horse.dbf" (you have to open it in a database programme, or Excel) in the Price folder, you should find a field named something like "tds, tdw" and "ttrck, trckw" these are fields that show the horses runs and wins on the distance and tracks, if you find them, then I'm sure you can put them into Bet S. system builder.
Can't see why Neil should have changed the database?
(I haven't used Bet S. for many many years, maybe it changed a bit)
Good luck

beton
18th January 2010, 08:33 PM
lomaca
Thanks I can see that at this stage it may well be beyond me but I will try and try and try again. then yell help
Regards Beton

lomaca
18th January 2010, 09:03 PM
lomaca
Thanks I can see that at this stage it may well be beyond me but I will try and try and try again. then yell help
Regards Beton
Just put into system builder, won on distance and track, that's all!
I may have made it sound complicated before.

beton
18th January 2010, 10:31 PM
lomaca Hi
Just got the answer back from Neale. ****"Sorry but this sort of combination of rules can't be applied."****
Putting T C or D in just picks up that the selected horse has done so. but it fails to find the crux of Partypooper's PLUM MOVERS SYSTEM The lowest weight horse that has "D" along side it.
Regards Beton

Michal
19th January 2010, 06:51 AM
Hi,
As a long time user of Bet Selector , I think that it is a great product, not so much because of what it is, but because of what it allows users to do with only a very minimal programing skils. While the PPM cant be programed into the system selector module, the program also generates a csv data sheet for todays runners, that I think has all the information you need. Further you can always access the data tables themselves, and so have access to the entire database.
I have writen many programs that interface with both the CSV and the database, so it can be done. There are many other beneficial functions. Depending on your needs the fom can be as little as 30 per month for 5 start all TAB meetings to 10 start ALL meetings + NZ + HK + Steward comments for $55 per month. Neales decision of not encripting the databases makes this a great and afordable DYI program which as a result has limitless potential.

PS I have no financial affilition with ****.

Michal

beton
19th January 2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks.
Food for thought, and still beyond me. I have still got my training wheels on for Bet Selector and excel. But I will learn anything that I see value in.
Regards Beton

lomaca
19th January 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks.
Food for thought, and still beyond me. I have still got my training wheels on for Bet Selector and excel. But I will learn anything that I see value in.
Regards BetonHi I reloaded betselector to have a look at the rules, and you are right, it's not possible to do this directly, the closest you get is if you do separate individual systems by selecting the won on distance and track only AND set the min and max Tab number to say 24 to start with, run the system and do it again with with 23 and so on, doing this will give you near enough the same result but for different TAB numbers.
Takes a while but should be Ok
Make sure no other restricting criteria is set.

What Michael said is OK but if you could do that you wouldn't be asking this.
There is a far simpler method accessing the database directly, but needs some database knowledge.

Nothing wrong with not knowing only not wanting to learn, is a bit of a problem.

Good luck

beton
19th January 2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Great thinking but this will not get THE lowest weight (or Number ) with d for THE race. It will but will also pick all the other "d's" as you go up. I just figured that it was an easy way to access the database and eliminate a lot of the misses. It is a manual KISS system. Regards Beton

Gnarkley
19th January 2010, 05:43 PM
Outsider Plan.
RULES
.Dist 1350-1450

.Selections are the 2 horses in the race with the 2 widest barriers after scratchings are known.

.We are betting 2 horses in the same race at level stakes.

.Bet .5% of bank on each Horse.
Good for 100 outs.

G'day Bhagwan,

Is this good for anywhere anytime or are there some restrictions?

Gnarkley

Bhagwan
20th January 2010, 12:50 AM
No restrictions.

7 days a week.

Try not to use form judgement because that's when they tend to get up with horrible form lines & huge prices, you will say to yourself that there is no way in a million years I would have picked that.

The longest theoretical run of outs, at 20%, is 31 ,before the next winner is struck.
We are treating the 2 horses a race, as 1 bet which means that 31 races max losing run .

You can include NZ races as well. (optional).

If you wish to experiment with field sizes you might like to have a free play around with an interactive form analysis program called...
Online System Creator (Google)
e.g.
10 runners exactly
Between Barriers 9 & 10

You should have hours of fun experimenting with angles that may show a profit.

Gnarkley
21st January 2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks Bhagwan,
Just what I was looking for, fun and profit.
Gnarkley

Michal
22nd January 2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by beton

Hi All
Regards Beton

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That shouldn't be a problem at all. If you look in a "horse.dbf" (you have to open it in a database programme, or Excel) in the Price folder, you should find a field named something like "tds, tdw" and "ttrck, trckw" these are fields that show the horses runs and wins on the distance and tracks, if you find them, then I'm sure you can put them into Bet S. system builder.
Can't see why Neil should have changed the database?
(I haven't used Bet S. for many many years, maybe it changed a bit)
Good luck
He dosent actually need to do horse dbf at all, infact I would discourage anyone to play around with those unless they know what they are doing. Bet selector produces a CSV file . Then a simple small program is needed that processes the whole day giving the selections in about 10 seconds for the whole day. Acurately, consistently. If beton wants to persue this he can find my contact details on cyberhorse betselector forum.

Management
22nd January 2010, 10:47 AM
This site is marketing the inexpensive RaceCensus software which is ideal for punters interested in betting systems.
Click here (http://www.propun.com.au/horse_racing_betting_systems.html)for details.