PDA

View Full Version : my mathematical formula

ubetido
18th November 2002, 04:55 PM
hi all

has anyone ever tried or is familiar with the Don Mclean (my mathematical formula).

regards
ubetido

Bhagwan
19th November 2002, 02:38 AM
Yes i have ,

It`s based on rating your selections for Melb. quadrella & local doubles betting using the various horses highest place percentage , 4 in each leg.

That`s it.
Try it , you wont be supprised that it does`nt work as well as he says it does , we all wish it was that easy.

Laurence
19th November 2002, 08:14 AM
Hi
The mathematical formula is essentially a parlay play on place bets. You put a dollar on for the series, but also start a second series on your second bet, and a third series on your third bet. Along the way to take out some money.
If you strike a successful series you have profit.

There is also a derivative where you include a horse for the win - this would help beef up the return.

The Mclean book shows a run of 20 successful bets parlaying into $129,000. Unfortunately, there are a number of places bets in his example series paying 2/1 ($3). Maybe you might be able to get a few $3 placegetters, but generally you won't.

There is a selection method included, which is just common sense. Horse must be tipped highly by tipsters, good form figures, recent run etc etc

The question is - can you put together long runs of successful place bets? If so, in my option you don't really need Mclean, you can just parlay those bets yourself. If you want to take some cash out along the way, you can choose how much and when.

The other issue is - if you do start having successful runs and therefore have large place bets, on the tote at least, you'll be reducing the price.

Hope this helps

Laurence

darkydog2002
19th November 2002, 03:38 PM
by god thanks an old one.he even bout out how to win lotto.