PDA

View Full Version : Betfair Times

Shaun
8th April 2010, 06:33 PM
Can any one tell me if they adjust the times on betfair when they put races back like they have at Canterbury tonight.

OM SHARNTEE
8th April 2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Shaun
In my experience No
& this really upsets the Bots.

So you have to manually go back 1 Race to the original time.

Cheers & Thanks for all your Insights & Downloads--- Very helpfull indeed

Shaun
8th April 2010, 07:33 PM
You get that right, i just had to go and put a manual trigger on the my bot to bypass all the safety breaks i have to stop a miss fire.

speaking of downloads i have a few new ones at the moment, i had requests for a few excel possible bots and stuff i could upload the files here but i am constantly updating them and bug fixes so i will list my download site in my signature, i am trying to make it as professional as possible i even add instructions and version history notes so keep an eye on the version numbers for updates.

Bhagwan
8th April 2010, 07:41 PM
Those unadjusted starting times really annoys the average punter including myself.

It throws everything out of whack.

I find myself deleting the whole venue rather than jeopardize creating an error.

Why cant they simple adjust accordingly like the TABs do.

Men are sent to the Moon with the aid of computers so why cant a betting agency adjust a simple thing like the time , if its their livelihood.

It gives the impression that they cant be bothered.

Shaun
8th April 2010, 07:47 PM
Yes i wish i could just delete it, but i place bets elsewhere and lay off on betfair so unless i want a huge hole i can't fill i have no choice.

thorns
9th April 2010, 07:05 AM
Yeah this is one of my pet peeves, especially seeing as I run a bot. Even a delay of 15 minutes can spell disaster with pools with next to no liquidity. Like Bhagwan, I'd rather sack the whole meeting than take the risk of getting a price matched at ridiculous odds.

Shaun
9th April 2010, 10:06 AM
a couple of things i have put in my excel sheet are, no bet until 30 seconds to go, i can also set a market % so the market needs to be like under 115% before the bet can be placed, i also have some other things like min and max price and the same for runners.