PDA

View Full Version : Bonecrusher - behind the mask

Bonecrusher
14th September 2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry for the title - wanted a catchy platitude to hook you in. ;)

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself.

Melbourne-based amateur punter and systems follower over the last 30 years - I started buying Practical Punting Monthly back in 1985! Speaking of which - I still have original copies of the magazine going back that far, if anyone is interested in (very) old articles from that time, I'll dig them out for you. Some great systems back then, most of which are re-appearing on these forums through common sense or perhaps just unrecognised memory regurgitation! :)

My personally held firm belief is that if, over the long term, you are prepared to treat systems following only as a business, and prepared to accept in the low teens % profit only (on turnover), you can fund yourself some very nice little extras in life. I believe the 'punting system' is very much like the uneducated 'stockmarket pick'. No one pick is perfect - same as any company (stock). At times, either can produce good profits, only to see those profits eroded in bad periods. The best bet is to have more than one company working for you at a time, and spread the risk over different sectors (just as your Super fund does). In systems following, 2 (or more) great systems that focus on very different areas can often combine to give a better overall result over the long term.

The big issue is, which system fits your individual circumstance? What works for me won't necessarily fit your lifestyle, budget or committment level. That's why there is no one perfect system, IMHO. There are instead (most probably), many.

For me, its about set-and-forget, no interruption to personal life, no track attendances, not too much time invested, no in-depth study, horses-dogs-trots-flys-on-a-wall it doesn't matter. Not easy.

For you - probably something very different.

Anyway - hello and nice to be here. I hope to learn lots more while here. :)

Bonecrusher

Stix
15th September 2010, 01:07 PM
Welcome BC

Maybe you can post some System selections to follow?

....better not, as the forum will curse them, well they have cursed mine :p

Bonecrusher
15th September 2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Stix and thanks for the welcome. :)

I'll go one better and post full system rules I think - and let everyone do their own research from there. But in other threads than this one...

darkydog2002
15th September 2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Bonecrusher,
I posted one here some months back - Won the PPM system of the year a few years back.
You might remember it.
Never followed through with it myself but someone on here might have.
Cheers
darky