PDA

View Full Version : Wireless help

partypooper
14th November 2010, 03:07 PM
I have a free wireless thingo available via the local Shopping Centre, Its showing up as on line with an excellent signal strength. However, when I try to get on just get a message " This webb page is not available" try load etc etc.

Have I missed some fundamental thing like tick enable or something like that?

moeee
15th November 2010, 07:23 AM
No replies yet?
Thats strange.

I would have thought if you asked a simple question like "my thingo is busted, can you suggest what might be wrong?" , the answer would be obvious to many.
I looked up thingo in the Macquarie.
You wouldn't believe it.
It's NOT in there.

Shaun
15th November 2010, 07:55 AM
I would have liked to help but have not used hotspots, the only thing i could say is maybe they use a password that you need, best advice is to ask the centre management who runs the wireless.

partypooper
15th November 2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks Shaun, I'll try that.

aussielongboat
29th November 2010, 08:01 AM
has this problem been fixed yet ?
if not i would suggest you try a different free wirless place like say mcdonalds and see what happens there. if it doesnt work ask them at the counter - maybe they can help.
also make sure that you have actually connected your computer.
sometime you will show good strength but you still have to choose and connect to that network.

cheers and good luck
aussie

partypooper
18th December 2010, 11:58 AM
just by way info, turns out that the shopping centre gives out a VERY strong signal which I easily pick up but my notebook is not able to communicate,..... sounds a bit weird to me, but that was their explanation.