PDA

View Full Version : Disgruntled Punters' Forum

xanadu
10th February 2011, 04:54 PM
I want this thread to be an open forum whereby disillusioned punters express their experiences... please, no vexatious or defamatory statements.
Just express your legitimate concerns regarding how racing in all codes is being administered to the detriment of the punter. HINT: Speak "in the third person" at all times.
Well, I'll start things off with my concerns regarding some "questionable" happenings" in races held today:Ref:"Smart Punting" thread.
I look forward to hearing from serious punters who diligently do their form and witness their chosen runner "ridden upside down" and who benefits?......certainly not the punters who provide the turnover to keep this industry operating.
No longer will the betting public be treated like "mugs" or "milk cow" to feed the luxurious lifestyles of some of racing's "elite."
WE may even threaten to concentrate our wagering on other options!

Cheers.

Moderator 3
11th February 2011, 10:14 AM
Please note, you will need to be very careful about how you post.

If for example you believe anything illegal or corrupt has been done to influence the result of a race the correct course of action is to take your concerns to the authorities.

It is NOT permissible to make those sorts of potentially defamatory accusations here.

Thanks.

Moderator.

xanadu
12th February 2011, 02:08 PM
post2, Noted Moderater, but I have perused all available steward's reports regarding MR1 on 10.2.11 but no mention of said incident and no penalty for the hoop!
So what do the public get...."squat!?"

Cheers.

xanadu
12th February 2011, 02:53 PM
Punters.....from now on please monitor how prevalent it is for the favourite or well-backed runner to "inexplicably" miss the start then use all it's energy to catch up to the field only to weaken in the final 50-100m....I can assure you that the favourite is disproportionately represented in these all too frequent occurrences.

Cheers.

pharfromoz
12th February 2011, 05:56 PM
cassidys ride on SANDBERG in the 8th at randwick was horrendous. maybe he can go wider around the track next out.

lomaca
14th February 2011, 04:15 PM
I can assure you that the favourite is disproportionately represented in these all too frequent occurrences.
Cheers.Xanadu
You sound surprised and puzzled, why?

to your last question, yes he is!!!

Good luck, we certainly need it!
Cheers

I read this somewhere, can't quote it verbatim, but this is the gist of it:
"I don't mind the Gods being against me but I am certainly p... off with useless little twerps hindering me in every way.
Remember, sometimes not even powerful people can do you good, but even the least powerful can do you harm."

Gerry
14th February 2011, 11:14 PM
last Sat. two of my top raters (in Gerry's Tips) when looking good......

Appenine in Caulfield Race 1 pulled up lame, and

Cariad in Eagle farm race 7 ran off the @#$y track!!

By the way, couldn't agree more with the comments about horses "missing the start". It's an old go!

Gerry

Gerry
18th February 2011, 01:24 PM
I know that there are some hoops who couldn't lie straight in bed, but I reckon the majority earn every quid (or dollar to younger readers) they get.

How many other occupations have an ambulance follow them round at work?

Gerry

xanadu
19th February 2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah, Gerry,
I would love to reveal the identity of a particular hoop who makes a living by not riding winners...but I can't......!
This hardened character has been "No.2 Banana" to many top hoops over the years and trainers utilize him to evaluate the future prospects of their steeds.
If you study your videos you will regularly spot him back in the field giving his mount "fly squats" in their run to the line.
Yet he always seems to evade the scrutiny of the officials!

Cheers.

xanadu
19th February 2011, 08:01 PM
Thnx everyone for their contributions so far but please, do not mention names and only speak in generalisations as the seasoned punter will know to whom you refer.

Cheers.

xanadu
19th February 2011, 08:11 PM
MR8 today produced one such occurrence(imo), whereby a certain hoop placed his runner at the rear of the field and imo made no effort to improve it's position....perhaps follow next start?
Was it a "conditioning" run?...if you view your videos, you be the judge.
Hmmmmm.

Cheers.

xanadu
19th February 2011, 08:17 PM
Why do favourites in fields of 7 or less seem to have a disproportionately lower winning ratio?
I listened to some "goose" on the radio recently who tried to explain that in small fields, riding tactics took on a different perspective.....duuuh....!
This is the kind of "guffe" that some of these egg-sperts resort to in an attempt to maintain their "cushy" jobs!

Cheers.

xanadu
9th March 2011, 04:54 PM
I've witnessed runs today by some potentially big players in the upcoming Spring Gp races and I suggest that the officials demand that trainers declare their intentions for the day.
A precedent already exists in the U.K. whereby "pacemakers" are tolerated to ensure a good even speed to allow the classier runner to "get in form."
It doesn't exist here as today confirmed. Who carries the financial burden of runners whose connections had no intention of winning/placing.....the hapless betting public!
There is a particular unliked individual:
Generally
Overtly
Offensive
Silly
Exclamations
who thinks otherwise...does he bet...no...what does he know......?
What about protecting the interests of the betting public..otherwise many will turn to other forms of wagering!
No wonder the racing industry is in such a perlous state!

xanadu
10th March 2011, 04:08 PM
What about when the official rating for a track doesn't correlate with what we punters can see for ourselves!
How many times have you seen a track described as "dead" yet to any observer it is obvious that the conditions have deteriorated to a lesser rating?
This means that punters have "done their doe" on inaccurate readings when their wagered runner cannot handle the conditions!
Why would those punters return to the track?

Cheers.

xanadu
19th March 2011, 05:43 PM
Was every punter happy/contented with some of the rides at today's gala meeting?
If not please express your views but remember, keep your observations anonymous as to the characters involved.

Cheers.

lomaca
19th March 2011, 06:43 PM
Was every punter happy/contented with some of the rides at today's gala meeting?
If not please express your views but remember, keep your observations anonymous as to the characters involved.

Cheers.Hi X
Spent most of the day seeing off relos at the airport, put all my bets in in advance.

Would like to know what you think of the ride in CAU race 4 on Acorn?
Didn't have a chance to watch it yet.

Had four bets at $200 ea. today.
I'm down $800.
Not nice

Cheers

xanadu
19th March 2011, 07:13 PM
post16,
Iomaca, I feel for you buddy but that was one race in which I returned a profit:
MR4 3 Viking Hero 3rd $2.1plNSW
It has been a "controversial" period lately for the rider, so, what can we say...?

Cheers.

lomaca
19th March 2011, 07:36 PM
It has been a "controversial" period lately for the rider, so, what can we say...?
Cheers.Not having watched the race yet, I'm loath to make a judgement

However due to these circumstances I thought more than usual diligence would have been in order on his part.
-----------------------------------------------
never mind
We hope to bet an other day Mr X.

The biggest loss for a day up to date in over eleven years, since I've been using my current rating was $2000, that equates to ten outs.

It always bounces back.
Cheers

xanadu
19th March 2011, 07:59 PM
Iomaca,
Hang in there mate as we both know, results are tabulated over 12mnths!
NB. As long as your selection strategy is strong then you should do well.
Could I suggest a betting strategy of 1X5 as I'm certain you have been beaten in many a close photo-finish.

Cheers.

lomaca
19th March 2011, 08:21 PM
Could I suggest a betting strategy of 1X5 as I'm certain you have been beaten in many a close photo-finish.

Cheers.Funny you should say that Xanadu, three of them came in for second, the other came in last!!!!

The only problem is that I only bet for place when the place divi is at least $3.00 give or take a bit, today I was betting blind.

No excuse but!!

I'm Ok, no worries mate, the method that gave me a living for all these years ain't going to disappear just yet.
If eleven years of profitable betting is no proof then there is NO proof, period.

Still, your commiseration is appreciated!

Cheers

xanadu
19th March 2011, 08:31 PM
Goodonya mate,
But with Fixed Odds betting now available isn't it time to take a more conservative approach to your wagering and remember...if you run a place, you not only recoup your outlay but in many cases you make a healthy POT?
Anyway, think about it....you know what is best for you personally.
NB. Protection of your "bank" is of ultra importance!

Cheers.

lomaca
19th March 2011, 08:48 PM
But with Fixed Odds betting now available
somet to think about certainly.
Thanks

Protection of your "bank" is of ultra importance!
You obviously don't know my wife!

xanadu
19th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah Iomaca,
I had a "handbrake" once and one day she confronted me with this ultimatum:"It's either me or the betting.....!"
What can I say.....I'm still wagering...best decision I've ever made.....!

Cheers.

lomaca
19th March 2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah Iomaca,
I had a "handbrake" once and one day she confronted me with this ultimatum:"It's either me or the betting.....!"
What can I say.....I'm still wagering...best decision I've ever made.....!

Cheers.
Happy to say she "who must be obeyed" is one of the best.

Why I mentioned her in relation to the "bank" is that she would never allow me to lose it.

As it happens until recently I had to do time a couple of days in the office, at her insistence, now after a lot of persuasion, I only go in on Tuesdays. (I'm a partner in the business)

I mentioned this before I think, according to her a man must have an "honest" income.
Strange thing is, she makes no distinction between the money earned punting or coming through the business.
Still you gotta love them, despite all their contradictions.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Cheers