PDA

View Full Version : Paging Bhagwan & Testarossa

Merriguy
17th January 2003, 06:07 PM
Hi! Where are you guys? I'm sure I am not the only one missing your posts of recent weeks!!

Testarossa, how goes the system of backing for the place the odds on favourites? I think that you had something there. Has it continued as well as in the past?

And Bhagwan I find I have so much more time now that you are not providing ideas about new systems on a day to day basis!!

Seriously, you are missed. :razz:

xanadu
24th January 2003, 05:02 PM
I agree totally!

There was a period late last year when Testarossa was "on fire." He then had a lean period when he probably questioned his research techniques and methodology - haven't we all?
I am sure Testarossa has been refining his techniques and will bounce back with a new, fresh approach resulting in numerous good priced winners. Testarossa, you were obviously on the right track so with your approach now refined, please share your thoughts with the rest of us in this forum. I for one, gave your selections serious consideration when placing my exotic bets.

darkydog2002
31st January 2003, 02:27 PM
gee merriguy .backing for the place on odd on favs.is this for real.surely you josh.

TESTAROSSA
4th February 2003, 12:54 PM
Hi guys ,

I'm back from a spell and raring to get back into the thick of things again.

Merriguy - The placing system thanks to the staking plans is still showing a healthy profit but selections are not necessarily odds on favs as suggested by your good self.

Xanadu - Yes i have fine tuned my techniques during my "spell" and have a great little system that i just finished putting together yesterday. I haven't checked further back then the last 3 Saturday meetings plus the last 2 Tuesday and Wednesday meetings via the Sportsman but so far the results are very encouraging:

Selections - 24. Saturday Meetings:
Winners - 15. Selections - 17.
Placings - 22. Winners - 10.
Placings - 15.

Tuesday & Wednesday's:
Selections - 7.
Winners - 5.
Placings - 7.

Haven't worked out POT just yet trying to find a suitable staking plan at the moment but will post POT at level stakes later on.

Once again thanks for the positive response Merriguy and Xanadu.

P.S Xanadu if you still want me to post my top 5 raters per race which i have also refined during my break , just give me a yell and i will.

Cheers.

TESTAROSSA
4th February 2003, 02:02 PM
Actually should be 23 Selections.

Here are the results as follows:

Selections - 23.
Winners - 15.
S/R - 65.2%.
Outlay - $23.
Return - $42.30.
Profit - $19.30.
POT - 83.9%.
Ave Div - $2.82.

Early days yet but looking very positive at the moment.

xanadu
4th February 2003, 04:08 PM
Howdy, Testarossa,

Good to hear from you!
I'm sure you've put your time to positive research. I have that dutch book method which I mentioned in a recent post, when there are two stand-out raters in a race. I am sure that your raters would provide a positive POT so maybe we could discuss this.

TESTAROSSA
5th February 2003, 10:56 AM
Xanadu , tell me what you would like to discuss and without giving away to much i will.

Merriguy
5th February 2003, 12:59 PM
Welcome back, Testarossa. Look forward to hearing more from you. Any refinements on the place selections system? Sorry I got it wrong about the selections being odds on. I guess I was thinking that they would mainly be so when your average dividend for the place was $1.30. :oops:

xanadu
5th March 2003, 04:27 PM
In response to your post of 5.2.03, I would like you to indicate races where your first and second ratings selections appear to be stand-outs. That is, those races where the price/rating of your third selection is at least twice the price of your second selection.
eg 1st selection rated price 6/4
2nd " " " 5/2
3rd " " " 5/1

1st selection rated price 4/5
2nd " " " 6/4
3rd " " " 7/2
This method can produce a very high proportion of winners/profit so I would appreciate your advice.
Dutch book betting is ideally suited to these runners. Also, could you update your results as many forum readers are very interested.

Thank you.