PDA

View Full Version : Maria's Staking Plan (Again!)

Merriguy
13th June 2011, 11:08 AM
As I am sure many (most) will have found out it is not just picking the right selection that is important in laying, but it is essential to to get the best odds.

While this not too difficult with the "squillions" invested in the UK market; it is very difficult here in Oz when the market only begins to form in the last ten minutes or so before the off. So Maria had (has) the luxury of being able to, early in the day, leave a selection that will probably be realistic. Meanwhile we are glued to the computer for hours on end! Is there any answer to this conundrum (besides staying up and betting on the UK races)?

Any thoughts

jazzy
15th June 2011, 11:39 AM
I have a system that will produce anywhere between 50 to 200 potential lays a day (depending on the number and type of races on offer). About 5~10% will actually be at layable odds (<=$11.00). It is a pain to sit and watch race after race after race go by, checking each contender and not being able to lay it.

I am in the process of writing a bot to automate the process. The reason for 'rolling my own' rather than use an existing one is I want to put some smarts into it - checking the tote prices etc. Race times changing and late scratchings will be a major problem too. Need some way of sorting that out... Hopefully the bot will be able to get a better price more often than I can.

AngryPixie
15th June 2011, 12:18 PM
Jazzy

A call to Unitab XML will fix your race start time and late scratching problems for Australian races.

http://tattsbet.com/content/info/xmlfeed.html