PDA

View Full Version : Don Scott

jimDiGriz
7th February 2003, 08:55 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain Don Scott's books? I also notice opinion is divided on the effectiveness of Don's ratings. Any further comments?

topsy99
8th March 2003, 10:23 AM
haven't used the methods but have read years ago. i think the effectiveness is in the discipline of the punter.
the principles of don scotts books should work but i think the reality is in the courage of the punter and discipline.

Mr. Logic
8th March 2003, 01:44 PM
Don Scott only published once he became convinced he could no longer win with his methods.
It's nothing about courage - his ratings methods do not work and if I used them I would lose. They are far too rigid and ignore important factors like anticipated speed in a race.

topsy99
10th March 2003, 07:37 PM
its a big step to publish anything on horse racing or gambling for that matter.
the likelihood of anyone being able to support themselves on gambling is not high.
i have been following horses for a long time as an interest and am still not able to define a real good thing.
don scotts efforts were labor intensive but did give a discipline. i have no knowledge of his success rates or whether he died broke, other than seeing some posts in these forums. i would say that we learnt a lot from his publications.